(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Alright, I went to see High on Fire the other night with Priestess, Black Cobra, and Bison BC.

Pretty kick ass time all around. Bison BC is nuts, I wish they had a longer set. One of the guitar players jumped out onto the floor and started playing in the crowd.

Black Cobra was alright. Priestess was good. By this point I was about beer 5-6 anyway. High on Fire was a good time. The crowd of a few hundred (small club, getting filled by the end) seemed to be good. Ended up in the mosh pit during the HOF set.

Good times.

has anyone else heard about Peter Steele of Type O Negative dying today? I know he's "died" once before, but it seems to be legit this time.

EDIT: It's looking to be pretty official, Juliya from FUSE TV tweeted about it and spoke to Kenny. This is fucking horrible.

Damn... was never a big fan of the band but that still sucks ass... RIP...

Fuck no! :( Peter Steele is one of my favorite metal vocalists, his deep voice is so smooth and sexy... And I absolutely love TO-! Hopefully this is just another joke...

EDIT: Yep, this seems legit. Rest in peace, Peter.

Mistress Juliya's Twitter

Evan Seinfeld's Facebook

Edited by Jayzon

Tragic to die so young.

I am a casual Type O fan. I have Bloody Kisses, October Rust and Dead Again. I also saw them live once.

Steele had a unique voice and a style of singing. A legendary character. His death is a loss for metal, and music in general. Type O Negative is a pretty popular group. Rest in peace, Pete.

• 5 weeks later...

http://hydraheadlines.blogspot.com/2010/05/torche-robbed-in-chicago-update-on.html

Summary;

Torche, they of bloody brilliant stoner doom and of Liam's avatar, are on tour with Coheed & Cambria, could be a pretty big break for them. They're pretty successful, but they're not exactly raking it in - still struggle to make ends meet a lot of the time, and a very much a working band.

Anyway, while on tour their van got broken into, and shitloads of personal belongings were stolen along with their instruments, equipment, passports and laptops. Naturally this has thrown the tour into question - they've had to cancel all of their Canadian dates due to the lack of passports, and much more will still be in limbo. It's shit for the fans who'd hoped to see them, and obviously it's shit for them for a whole fuckton of reasons.

They're a great band, and I know from experience that they're a bloody lovely bunch of guys too.

I know most, if not all of you, will completely ignore this, but they're asking for donations to be sent via Paypal to TLCforTorche@Gmail.com. Any little helps, and they need love and generosity at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Astbury, out of off of the Cult, is going to appear on the new Boris album. I can't make my mind up whether my fourteen year old Cult-loving self is delighted, or if my present self, who actually has taste, is confused and scared.

• 4 weeks later...
SATURDAY JULY 31, 2010

Tickets $20.00 adv., $22.00 door

Summer Slaughter Tour featuring

Decapitated

The Faceless / All Shall Perish

The Red Chord / Veil Of Maya

Cephalic Carnage / Decrepit Birth

Carnifex / Animals As Leaders

Vital Remains

2nd STAGE - OVER THE LIMIT TOUR featuring

As Blood Runs Black / Oceano

Arsonists Get All The Girls

Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza

Thick As Blood / Burning The Masses

Circle Of Contempt / Blind Witness

This Or The Apocalypse

This should be way more tempting... especially with the sweet sweet brutality of Vital Remains on the card.

timmayy, myself an a couple mates went to see Anvil + Girlschool last night. Immense gig, especially for just £11.50! Also, afterwards, Anvil came out and met anyone who stayed behind, so I go my pic taken with Lips and Rob Reiner! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, you fuckers listen up right now. If you like black metal, you need to get some Cobalt stuff, right now. Not in twenty minutes, not tomorrow, right now. Finally managed to give their Eater Of Birds record a listen and it just blows the fucking lid off (mostly) everything I've heard before. We still have the classics like Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Marduk and all those but Cobalt is where it is at now and coupled with their 2009 release Gin, they deserve all the love they get. I've touted them in here before and I will probably do it again in the future, because holy hell. Get Eater Of Birds and Gin right now, black metal monkeys.

• 1 month later...

Festival news~!

Wacken have already announced 4 bands for next year. They are:

Blind Guardian

Avantasia

Suicidal Tendencies

Apocalyptica

Nice grouping of bands right there!

Bloodstock have announced Immortal as one of their headliners.

It is known that Andy Copping has booked Ratt for Download next year to make up for them pulling out this year.

So yeah, Immortal are headlining Bloodstock 2011 and after seeing their new video for 'All Shall Fall', I am fucking pumped. I don't care if I have to camp the main stage for three full days to hoard a front spot, I will, one way or the other, experience the mighty Immortal and jazz sideways jig of Abbath live.