(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

So yeah, Immortal are headlining Bloodstock 2011 and after seeing their new video for 'All Shall Fall', I am fucking pumped. I don't care if I have to camp the main stage for three full days to hoard a front spot, I will, one way or the other, experience the mighty Immortal and jazz sideways jig of Abbath live.

I am reminded of the Motley Crue fans who did that at Sonisphere... In front of the wrong stage and didn't notice until halfway through Rammsteins set... :lol:

So yeah, Immortal are headlining Bloodstock 2011 and after seeing their new video for 'All Shall Fall', I am fucking pumped. I don't care if I have to camp the main stage for three full days to hoard a front spot, I will, one way or the other, experience the mighty Immortal and jazz sideways jig of Abbath live.

Bloodstock are announcing a 'special guest' (read, sub-headliner with a smidgen extra time) for the Saturday, this coming Tuesday.

Bloodstock are announcing a 'special guest' (read, sub-headliner with a smidgen extra time) for the Saturday, this coming Tuesday.

They announced symphonic power metal band RHAPSODY OF FIRE as special guest sub-headliners for the Saturday! It's something like their first ever UK performance - I'm well chuffed!

• 2 weeks later...

They announced symphonic power metal band RHAPSODY OF FIRE as special guest sub-headliners for the Saturday! It's something like their first ever UK performance - I'm well chuffed!

I'm fucking going. I don't care if I have to quit my job. I will be there, standing right in front of Fabio as he sings for me.

Hopefully it'll be like 07, when they put a really shit band on before Korpiklaani so everyone fucked off and I got to be at the front. ¬_¬

I'm fucking going. I don't care if I have to quit my job. I will be there, standing right in front of Fabio as he sings for me.

Hopefully it'll be like 07, when they put a really shit band on before Korpiklaani so everyone fucked off and I got to be at the front. ¬_¬

It's going to be rammed - Rhapsody of Fire and Immortal are back-to-back on the Saturday. As for getting close, I'm not sure about the very front, but this year it was easy to get 4-7 rows from the front up to the sub-headliners. For the headliners it was hit and miss - Opeth we got really close to the front, albeit off to one side, even though we only got their last minute. On the flip side, it was a bit crazy near the front for Children of Bodom and Twisted Sister.

Yeah, Korpiklaani being on at 3pm probably helped my cause. ¬_¬

Weirdly they were on earlier this year, I think, somewhere just after 2pm. >_>

Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer put on a fucking awesome show tonight. Megadeth and Slayer both played entire albums (Rust In Peace and Seasons), one song from their most recent album and a couple of their signature songs, Anthrax pretty much played a little of everything.

Also picked up a Slayer shirt at the merch booth that's pretty damn cool.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Just heard this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzBp6sGju4

Anyone know if the album is as good/similar to it?

EDIT: Don't worry about it - I got the album and it's sodding awesome \\m// ( (><) ) \\m//

Got that the other week, it's a fucking awesome compilation. Some really top stuff on there.

In other news, just in case you thought Boris collaboration with Ian Astbury wasn't quite weird enough;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-2Lpj0qzo

Metallica and Ray Davies.

In other other news, ANGEL WITCH are playing Hellfest 2011. Fuck yes.

Edited by Skummy

Anyone heard Alter Bridges new album? Lot more darker and moodier than there previous outings but still an incredible album. Tremonti is an awesome guitar player.

I'll almost certainly pick it up at some point. In the meantime, which tracks would you recommend I YouTube?

Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer put on a fucking awesome show tonight. Megadeth and Slayer both played entire albums (Rust In Peace and Seasons), one song from their most recent album and a couple of their signature songs, Anthrax pretty much played a little of everything.

Similar to what I saw a couple months ago. Except replace Testament for Anthrax.

Slayer did two from World Painted Blood before going into Seasons, then three classics after. Megadeth did Rust first, then five songs.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Anyone heard Alter Bridges new album? Lot more darker and moodier than there previous outings but still an incredible album. Tremonti is an awesome guitar player.

I'll almost certainly pick it up at some point. In the meantime, which tracks would you recommend I YouTube?

Pretty much everything but for me Slip to the Void, Cour D'Alene, Still Remains and Isolation are all superb tracks.