The BVS WWE: 2004-05

1. WWE Heavyweight Title: Eddie Guerrero v. Matt Hardy

2. Will Hardy use the Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both, or neither? Both

3. Will anyone interfere in the match? Team Mattitude will try

4. WWE Tag Team Titles: Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar v. Edge and Hollywood Hogan - by DQ

5. Who pins whom in the above match? I predict DQ

6. Undertaker v. Billy Kidman v. Bull Buchanan

7. Who pins whom in the above match? Buchanan over Taker

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

9. Who *is* Joey Numbahs, anyway? New Jack?

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL? Tajiri and Colt

11. Who will finish second? WGTT

12. WWE United States Title: Nathan Jones v. Ultimo Dragon

13. What match will be the best? Hardy/Eddie

14. Will these be the only matches? Yes

15. What match will get the main event slot? Hardy/Eddie

Again I will not win because I will select from the way I'd book it and not the way Dukes would book it. (Probably)

Matt. The Mattitude push just simply HAS to go somewhere. Eddie really hasn't geled to me as champion and could do better with a month without it and chasing

2. Will Hardy use the Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both, or neither?

I'm guessing he will try a Twist of Fate with Eddie kicking out and as the ultimate tribute win with the Bossman Slam

3. Will anyone interfere in the match?

Would I have anyone interfere? Truthfully no, I can see them tell a story just fine without anyone coming out

4. WWE Tag Team Titles: Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar v. Edge and Hollywood Hogan

Team Angle. There's no point hotshotting the titles on Hogan just for a nostalgia pop when you can make more of it with Edge-Hollywood chasing.

5. Who pins whom in the above match?

Well Hogan would NEVER do the job so I'd go for Lesnar on Edge.

Taker. Not just cause he'd never job but I think it's stupid to end the Storyline so soon.

7. Who pins whom in the above match?

Taker pins Buchanan. Kidman needs to say strong. Plus I don't think Andy would do the job :shifty:

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

You would hype up Tazz for so long just to job him first night out. Tazz wins

9. Who *is* Joey Numbahs, anyway?

If I were booking it'd be someone Tazz has good chemistry with like a Chris Chetti.

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL?

Tajiri and Colt are the hot new things, plus Heyman has heat with Team Angle. I'd book them to go over

11. Who will finish second?

World's Greatest Tag Team. I'd have them play the part of covering Angle and Lesnars ass.

12. WWE United States Title:

Nathan Jones. While I'd want to get the title off him Ultimo isn't the man to do it.

13. What match will be the best?

Looking I'd say the main event

14. Will these be the only matches?

No. I'd have a Barton-RVD match in there somewhere as well

15. What match will get the main event slot?

Hardy and Eddie. Knowing Duke's though it'll probably be the tag title match though

I still say Eddie Guerrero will win this one despite the death of Traylor

I can see him using the Bossman slam yes

Yes, dunno who though

4. WWE Tag Team Titles: Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar v. Edge and

Hollywood Hogan

Edge and Hogan was my original thought, but it makes more sense if Angle and Lesnar win it

Lesnar pins Hogan after some form of cheating me thinks

Bull Buchanan

Buchanan will pin Kidman

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

Tazz, he has to win after the build-up he's got

You got me...

Karagias and Moore. One way or another there has to be a win from Matt Hardy's camp, and seen as I don't see Matt winning it has to be these two

Road Dogg and Killings

Nathan Jones

The WWE title match

Um...yes, I think so

WWE title match

1. WWE Heavyweight Title: Everyone thinks that Hardy is gonna get the emotional win but I think that Guerrero will retain it.

2. Hardy will use Neither

3. No

4. WWE Tag Team Titles: Edge and Hollywood Hogan

5. Who pins whom in the above match? Hogan pinning Angle

6. Billy Kidman

7. Who pins whom in the above match: Kidman pins Buchanan

8. Tazz

9. no clue

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL: Rob Van Dam/Hurricane

11. Who will finish second: WGTT

12. WWE United States Title: Ultimo Dragon will pull it out

13. What match will be the best: Eddie Guerrero/Matt Hardy

14. Will these be the only matches: No

15. What match will get the main event slot: Kurt Angle/Lesnar vs Edge/Hogan

The Kap Says this Diary Rocks

2. Will Hardy use the Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both, or neither? Neither

3. Will anyone interfere in the match? No

5. Who pins whom in the above match? Hogan pins Angle

7. Who pins whom in the above match? Kidman pins Bull

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

9. Who *is* Joey Numbahs, anyway? No idea

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL? Scott Colt & Tajiri

11. Who will finish second? WGTT

13. What match will be the best? Eddie Guerrero vs Matt Hardy

14. Will these be the only matches? Probably not

15. What match will get the main event slot? Matt Hardy vs Eddie Guerrero

2. Will Hardy use the Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both neither?

5. Who pins whom in the above match? Brock pins Edge

7. Who pins whom in the above match? Kidman pins Bull

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

9. Who *is* Joey Numbahs, anyway? Chetti or someone from ECW

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL? Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore

11. Who will finish second? APA

13. What match will be the best? Main Event

14. Will these be the only matches? No

15. What match will get the main event slot? WWE Title Match

I only read every once and awhile, so..

2. Will Hardy use the Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both neither?

5. Who pins whom in the above match? Angle pins Hogan

7. Who pins whom in the above match? Undertaker pins Bull

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

9. Who *is* Joey Numbahs, anyway? Chris Chetti

10. Who will win TAG TEAM TURMOIL? Tajiri & Colt

11. Who will finish second? Karagias & Moore

13. What match will be the best? Eddie v Hardy

14. Will these be the only matches? No

15. What match will get the main event slot? For some reason, I'm going to say Angle/Lesnar v Edge/Hogan

Now watch me score horribly. I need to check this out more often. :P

You Kidding Me. If Matt doesn't win after a Promo like that then your ripping us off dukes. That Promo by Matt was almost as good as Eddie's VIVA LA RAZA promo in your other diary.

Due to the fact that you didn't leave both as an option I'm gonna say that Matt hits him with the Swanton.

Shannon or Evan will try but be sent back by Matt.

Hulkamaniacs rejoice but there is no way that Edge and Hogan will win.

Angle pins Hogan

KIDMAN by the love of all that is good And....Kidman had better save Linds....Torrie :shifty:

Kidman pins Taker

8. Tazz v. Rey Misterio

He's making his return match there is no way he will lose.

Chris Chetti

Scott Colt and Tajiri

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nova and London

Nathan Jones. He only just got the belt so he wont lose it for a while

depending on how you book the tag title match. if you book it as a 20 man battle royal then Matt Hardy vs. Eddie Guerrero. if you book it any other way then the Tag Turmoil but because i mark fo matt i'm gonna say Matt vs. Eddie

No

The WWE Title match. Matt wins the big one on the big stage.

One World Leader. Entertainment.

Clips are in italics... the voiceover is in regular type.

Voiceover:

"In a world where unity becomes necessity..." (Team Angle arriving in their van.)

"...and every bond can be broken..." (Billy Kidman staring at Torrie Wilson.)

"...the few who stand alone..." (Eddie Guerrero holding the belt up high.)

"...are the marked men." (Matt Hardy leads a 4-on-1 beating.)

"Alliances are made and broken..." (Kurt Angle paying off the Maximos.)

"...and the strangest of circumstances..." (Rob Van Dam and Hurricane fighting side by side.)

"...produce the strongest bonds." (Edge and Eric Angle backing each other up.)

"Forces strengthen..." (Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar demolish the APA.)

"...and it takes an act of courage..." (Billy Kidman diving onto RTC.)

"...from the unlikeliest source." (Hulk Hogan turns around to face the camera.)

As the voiceover reads the names, their faces flash on the screen, much like in a movie trailer... in case you didn't figure that out yet. Which I'm pretty sure you did.

Voiceover: "Eddie Guerrero... Matt Hardy... The Undertaker... Kurt Angle... Brock Lesnar... Edge... Billy Kidman... Bull Buchanan... and Hulk Hogan as himself."

A rapid-fire succession of clips of people fighting, yelling, etc.

Voiceover: "Who will succumb? And who will show..."

NO MERCY

IT JUST WOULDN'T BE A WWE EVENT IF WE DIDN'T SET OFF FIFTY TONS OF PURE PYRO as we come to you from the swamps of New Jersey. Sign in the crowd: "Team Angle Doesn't Have the EDGE!"

Cole: "As two men make their WWE return, another tries to claim the highest honor for his fallen comrades, but will any of them succeed in their quest? Welcome to No Mercy! I'm Michael Cole alongside James E. Cornette, and Corny, I think you have to agree it's been some time since a Pay-Per-View was as anticipated as this one!"

Cornette: "That's right, Michael Cole, and right now we are getting ready for our huge double main event as the WWE Title will be on the line in one match, and in the other it's the in-ring return after seven long months of the man many people consider the greatest wrestler of all time!"

The silhouette of the mask appears on the TitanTron, and as "Who's That (Droppin' Out the Sky)" begins, Rey Misterio is launched through the entrance ramp and onto the stage. He heads to the ring, slapping hands along the way and full of energy.

Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from San Diego, CA, weighing in at 175 pounds, Rey Misterio!"

Cole: "And we're going to begin tonight with Rey Misterio, the always electrifying luchadore, going one-on-one against a man both of us know very well, a man who I'm proud to call my friend, and a man who will make his active wrestling return tonight."

Cornette: "Well, you may call him a friend, but I haven't ever worked with him before. I will say, though, that he was a dangerous man at the top of his game, and if he's anywhere near that right now, he will be a tough opponent for Rey to beat tonight."

The arena goes dark as the heartbeat sounds over the PA. The Tron flashes an image of the barbed wire tattoo with "13" in the middle. The image becomes solid as we hear a flatline before pyro goes off and the ramp is bathed in orange. The original music ("If You Dare") plays as Tazz emerges, towel over the head and sunglasses off.

Chimel: "And his opponent, from the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, NY, weighing in at 245 pounds, Tazz!"

Cole: "Well, he sure looks like he's near the top of his game, Corny!"

Cornette: "Yeah, but looks don't mean a thing, Michael Cole, and you know it. We gotta see if these two are still capable of bringing the goods tonight, and if Tazz should go back to this job here or if he does indeed have a future back in the ring where I'm willin' to bet he wants to stay!"

Tazz vs. Rey Misterio

They lock up, and Tazz shoves Rey into the corner and offers a clean break. They lock up again, and Rey gets a headlock. Tazz shoves him out, so Rey tries a spinning DDT, but Tazz stops the momentum and gets a release Northern Lights suplex. Rey bounces back up and connects on a dropkick, but a second try is brushed aside by Tazz, who immediately goes to the ground and pound on Rey. Referee Andrew Thomas pulls him off, so Tazz picks Rey up and delivers a snap suplex. He covers for two.

Tazz pounds on Rey against the ropes, but his whip is reversed. Rey snaps off an armdrag, then a second one when Tazz charges. Tazz stands and waits as Rey charges in for a monkey flip, but Tazz blocks and forces Rey's shoulders to the mat for two. Tazz tries a judo throw on Rey, but Rey blocks, leaps up onto Tazz's shoulders, and snags a Victory Roll for two. Rey follows up with a sunset flip for two. Rey gets a crossbody on Tazz, then climbs to the top rope and connects with a dragonrana for two, causing Tazz to bail to the outside.

Rey bounces off the opposite ropes and flies over the top with a tope con hilo on Tazz. Rey climbs onto the guardrail to dive at Tazz as Tazz stands up, but Tazz moves aside and Rey hits the apron head-first. Tazz grabs Rey and tosses him into the steps. Back in the ring, Tazz stands behind Rey, hands up for the Tazzmission. Rey, however, rolls forward to avoid the hold, then hits a standing moonsault press on a charging Tazz. It gets two. Tazz picks Rey up and tries to whip him into the corner, but Rey reverses.

Rey charges in, does a handspring, and connects with a back elbowsmash. Tazz staggers out and lands on the second rope, prone. Rey bounces off the opposite ropes and hits the 6-1-9 on Tazz, then jumps up to the top rope and leaps. However, Tazz catches him, re-adjusts his grip to release one of Rey's legs, and throws him in a T-Bone suplex. Tazz stands behind Rey, who staggers backwards into a release German suplex from Tazz. Tazz covers for two.

Tazz stands back, noticeably breathing hard, and waits for Rey to stand up. Rey gets up, but charges Tazz and monkey flips him right into Thomas. Rey charges again, not noticing the referee down, but Tazz lariats him while falling forward. Tazz pulls himself up and motions to the front row, at which point a man stands up and steps over the railing, then over the top rope.

The man (at least 6'8) grabs Rey while Tazz makes sure the ref stays down. He picks Rey up and delivers DDP's old 360 spin powerbomb to Rey. The man leaves and returns to his seat as Tazz staggers over to Rey and locks on the Tazzmission. The referee checks Rey, who tries to fight for a few seconds before tapping out to end the match.

WINNER: Tazz (11:03)

Cole: "Who WAS that guy? A fan... a huge fan... just jumped over the railing and powerbombed Rey Misterio to gift-wrap this win for Tazz!"

Cornette: "I dunno, I didn't get a good look at him when I saw him and I don't think anyone here's seen him before but... wait! Ya don't think that's Joey Numbers, do you, Michael Cole?"

Cole: "It... it must be! But I get a feeling I've seen him somewhere before..."

As Tazz leaves the ring, he stops by where the man is sitting and talks into the camera so that those at home can hear him.

Tazz: "This is my secret weapon. This is my old friend. I got him trained by da best through Tough Enough. This is Joey Numbahs. But you know 'im as Joseph Matthew Morgan. C'mon, Joey, let's go back to Brooklyn!"

Cole: "Matt... oh, my God, Jim! That was the Matt from the second season of Tough Enough! I remember now!"

Cornette: "Well, tell me, cuz I still don't!"

Cole: "Matt Morgan was considered the odds-on favorite to win Tough Enough 2 before he broke his leg and had to withdraw! Tazz must have been training him on the side, though, cuz he looks like a million bucks out there!"

Cornette: "Well, just from seein' him once, I gotta say Tazz knows how to pick them!"

An ad runs for the WWE in Europe, including two television tapings from Manchester, England! Get your tickets now!

Japanese flute music plays as Paul Heyman comes from the back with Ultimo Dragon. Dragon stops at the stage and bows, setting off spurts of flame behind him.

Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and is ONLY for the WWE United States Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, being accompanied by Paul Heyman: from Yokohama, Japan, weighing 185 pounds, he is also the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Ultimo Dragon!"

Cole: "What a step up this would be for Ultimo Dragon -- one of the most decorated Cruiserweights of all time -- if he could capture the WWE United States Title here tonight live on Pay-Per-View!"

Cornette: "Well, he already has a bit of an advantage in that he has Paul Heyman at ringside. Heyman's a man who will stop at nothing to achieve his goal, and that includes stooping to lows that the Japanese would shake their head in shame over. But he's a man you probably want on your side if you have no qualms about how you win."

Didgeridoo music plays as Shannon Ward laughs her way to the ring. Behind her is Nathan Jones, menacingly walking forward, the WWE US title over his shoulder.

Chimel: "And his opponent, being accompanied by Shannon 'Psycho' Ward, from the Boggo Road Penitentiary in Queensland, Australia, weighing in at 340 pounds, Nathan Jones!"

Cole: "The Thunder from Down Under, Nathan Jones, has a very unique method of winning matches, Corny. And it isn't always the prettiest, but you can't argue with its effectiveness."

Cornette: "You're not kidding there, Michael Cole, and in a lot of ways he reminds me of a Hulk Hogan -- not nearly as effective, but the way he makes basic moves like punches and kicks destroy opposition. He's a new age brawler, and he's the kind of guy you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of in a dark alley or a bar somewhere."

WWE United States Championship: Nathan Jones (champion) (w/Shannon Ward) vs. Ultimo Dragon (challenger) (w/Paul Heyman)

Ultimo keeps his distance from Jones, who flicks out a few jabs to attempt a shot at Ultimo. Eventually, Jones winds up a haymaker, but Ultimo catches the arm and gets a hiptoss. Ultimo follows with a seated dropkick and a falling headbutt on Jones. He tries for a cross armlock, but Jones hooks the ropes with his legs, and as both men get up, Jones nails Ultimo with a right jab.

Jones backs Ultimo into the corner and delivers a right uppercut as Ultimo spills over the top to the floor. Nathan steps over the top to follow and slaps Ultimo in the face. Ultimo falls into the table, so Nathan picks him up and points to it. Ultimo sweeps Nathan's leg out in desperation, then as Nathan recovers, Ultimo bounces to the apron and nails the Asai moonsault. Ultimo returns to the ring as Nathan clears the cobwebs and screams (Ward echoing him).

He returns to the ring, but Ultimo shakes the ropes as Nathan steps over them, crotching him. Ultimo climbs to the top and tries Elix Skipper's ropewalk rana, but Jones swats Ultimo into the ring. Jones steps over and charges Ultimo, but Ultimo avoids the Punt and clips Nathan. Ultimo goes for La Majistral, but Nathan blocks it (okay, Nathan has no clue how to roll over in it) and Ultimo switches to an STF.

Nathan pries his feet loose and stands up with Ultimo on his back, then falls backwards, squashing Ultimo. The cover gets two. Jones picks Ultimo up and sets him in the corner, nailing him with a flurry of lefts and rights. He stands back after about ten of each, expecting Ultimo to be beaten into oblivion, but instead the referee checks Ultimo and stands aside. Nathan charges, but Ultimo catches him with an elbow to the gut and goes up top.

He dives, but Nathan nails Ultimo in the face with a left hand out of mid-air. Nathan takes a few steps backwards, ready to Punt Ultimo, but Heyman grabs Nathan's foot in desperation to distract him. Nathan looks at Heyman and pulls him up onto the apron. As Jim Cordaris tries to pry the two apart, Ultimo gets to his feet, only to be stunned by a beltshot from Ward. Ward exits as Ultimo pulls himself up again. Nathan drops Heyman and charges Ultimo, Punting him down. The cover gets a three-count.

WINNER and STILL WWE United States Champion: Nathan Jones (8:53)

Cole: "And Nathan Jones steals one with help from Shannon Ward!"

Cornette: "Steals it? It was a fair outcome!"

Cole: "How can you say that! Shannon Ward entered the ring illegally..."

Cornette: "But she wouldn't have done it if Heyman hadn't stuck his nose in where it didn't belong!"

Cole: "So now it's an eye for an eye, Jim?"

Cornette: "With Heyman, I'd rather poke both his eyes out."

Pick up Vengeance on DVD at stores everywhere! See Eddie Guerrero face the Undertaker! Edge and Bull Buchanan tear the house down! One of the best pure tag matches ever! Ultimo goes half an hour in two matches! All this and more!

Chimel: "Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for Tag Team Turmoil! Allow me to explain the rules, as they have been modified from previous events. Two teams will begin the match. Every five minutes, another team will enter the contest as determined by a drawing held backstage. Your team is eliminated if either member of the team is pinned or made to submit. Only two men can be legal at any time, so a new team must report to the apron or risk disqualification. The last team standing will be declared the winners and #1 Contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championships! And now, introducing Team #1..."

"Not Quite Intergalactic" plays as the first team heads down the aisle, slapping hands with fans.

Chimel: "At a total combined weight of 405 pounds, the team of Paul London and Nova!"

The TitanTron shows a browser loading to 10, 30, 70... oops, system error, as Matt's music plays.

Chimel: "And Team #2, at a total combined weight of 380 pounds, representing Mattitude, Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore!"

TAG TEAM TURMOIL~!

London and Evan start. They lock up, and Evan gets in a few shots to London's gut in the clinch. He backs London into the ropes, but London reverses the whip and hits a rebounding Evan with the Dropsault. Shannon charges in, but London backdrops him. Nova joins the fun, and London and Nova get a double hiptoss on Evan and a double dropkick on Shannon to send him back out. Nova returns to the apron as London grabs Evan in an armhold. Evan fights to his feet and tries to leverage out of it, but London rides him to the mat.

Evan tries to use the ropes to get up, so London lets go and tags in Nova. Evan goes to bring in Shannon, but Nova dashes across the ring and rolls Evan up for two. Both men get up, and Nova scores a pair of dropkicks to send Evan to the outside, where he talks to Shannon. As Evan returns to the ring, Nova grabs him in a DDT. He covers for two.

Nova applies a ground sleeper, but Shannon climbs to the top and dives off, missile dropkicking Nova in the face. Evan gladly tags out as Shannon nails Nova with a springboard legdrop. He covers for two. Shannon backs Nova into the ropes and sends him for the ride, scoring a headscissors on the way out. He hits a chinlock as the timer counts down to 0.

BZZT! Enter Billy Gunn and Jamie Noble. Shannon tags in Noble, who stomps away on Nova. Noble picks Nova up and lifts him for a stalling brainbuster. He covers for two. Noble tags Gunn in, who holds Nova up in a military press and drops him. Gunn covers for two. Gunn backs Nova into the ropes and chops away at his chest with overhand chops. Gunn sends Nova into the ropes and drops down on the way back as Nova runs head-on into a fist from Noble.

Gunn rolls Nova up for two. Gunn tags Evan in, then slams down Nova. Evan perches himself on the top rope and dives off with a flying elbow to Nova. He covers, but it's still only two. Evan picks Nova up and whips him into the Mattitude corner, but his blind charge hits elbow. Nova flies out with a bulldog on Evan. He tries to crawl over to get to London, but it's too far and Noble races in to stop it.

Noble is sent back, but Shannon enters illegally and hits a corkscrew moonsault on Nova. He covers for two. Shannon brings Evan in, and the two hit a double suplex on Nova. Evan covers, but London saves at two. The ref escorts London out, so Evan and Shannon hit a Rocket Launcher on Nova. Shannon goes back up top, but as he perches there, the timer hits 0 again.

BZZT! Enter the APA. The APA's music distracts Shannon just long enough for London to run over and shove Shannon off the top rope. Nova quickly sneaks up behind Shannon as Shannon argues with London. Nova hits the Spin Doctor and covers, and to everyone's surprise, it gets three at 11:13.

Gunn dives in and slams an axhandle into Nova's back to keep him in the ring, then tries a Jackhammer on Nova. Nova slips over the top, however, and hits a second Spin Doctor on Gunn. Rather than try to cover, Nova dives to the nearest corner, tagging in Bradshaw. Bradshaw unloads stiff rights on Gunn and knocks him over with a shoulderblock. Noble enters but gets caught in a fallaway slam. Gunn tries to tag out to London, but London drops Gunn's throat on the ropes as Bradshaw bounces off the opposite ropes. Bradshaw unloads on Gunn with the Clothesline from Hell, and with Faarooq catching Noble in his spinebuster, he gets the three-count at 13:45.

The APA face London, who waits for one or the other of them to be declared legal. As Faarooq is sent out, London dives in with a crossbody on Bradshaw before hitting a series of punches. He tries to charge, but Bradshaw hits a big boot as the timer hits 0 again.

BZZT! Enter Tajiri and Scott Colt. Bradshaw pounds away on London's back, then tags in Faarooq. Faarooq tosses London into the DA2K4 corner, not realizing they've arrived, and this allows Colt to tag himself in. Colt hits a dropkick on Faarooq, then one on a charging Nova. Colt ducks Bradshaw's lariat try and gets a snap suplex on the big man.

Faarooq is back up as Colt charges, and Faarooq gets a powerslam on Colt. London then dives in with a headscissors on Faarooq as the match breaks down. Nova and Tajiri clothesline Bradshaw out of the ring as London gets a London Bridge (spinebuster and flip pin) on Faarooq for two.

Colt slingshots in with a legdrop on Faarooq for two. Bradshaw returns and tackles down Nova, but walks into a face full of green mist from Tajiri, who sends him out onto the steps. All four cruisers then climb separate corners. They simultaneously leap off and hit Faarooq with four swandive headbutts. Colt does the honors of covering, and the APA are gone at 19:17.

London tries to attack Colt, but Colt ducks and gets a German suplex for two. Colt picks London up and rams his knee into London's back, which London grabs. Colt applies a bow-and-arrow as the clock goes down to 0.

BZZT! Enter Los Maximos. London hangs on in the bow-and-arrow until Jose enters and delivers a Lionsault to the wide open London. Colt shrugs and leaves, making Jose the de facto legal man. Jose drops a knee onto London's back, then tags in Joel. Joel, Jose, and Joel again deliver the Super Crazy moonsault sequence to London's back. Joel rolls him over, but it only gets two. Joel applies a camel clutch to London, who tries to reach the ropes with his right hand.

Jose enters, runs the ropes, and dropkicks London in the face as Joel breaks. Joel leaves and Jose stays in, slamming down London before Charles Robinson tells Jose to leave. As Jose leaves, Joel flies off the top with a 360 double foot stomp to London's back. Tajiri tags in, and he stomps away on London's back before picking London up and thrust kicking him in the back. A knee to the back from Tajiri sends London to the floor.

Jose grabs London from the floor and rams his back into the apron as Tajiri bounces off the opposite ropes. Tajiri baseball slides London in the back of the head. Jose tosses London back in as Tajiri tags Joel. Joel snapmares London and dropkicks him in the back of the head, then pounds on London's back as the clock returns to 0.

BZZT! Enter 3 Live Kru. Dogg and Killings charge the ring and save London by cleaning house on the Maximos. Dogg gets funky punches on both Maximos in turn, and Killings comes off the top with a sunset flip on Jose as Dogg lands the shaky kneedrop on Joel. Charles Robinson pleads with both men to get to the apron, as they're not legal, but Dogg ignores him and pumphandles Joel as Killings mixes it up with London. Finally, the referee calls for the bell, disqualifying Dogg and Killings for being in the ring out of turn at 27:04.

In the chaos, Jose and Joel place London on the top rope and hit him with the Spanish Fly. Joel covers, but the ref is escorting Jose out, so Nova comes off the top and gets a kneedrop to Joel's head. Both men are down, but Joel crawls over and tags in Colt. Colt races over, but London ducks and Colt and Nova clang heads. Colt staggers back into a London rollup, and that gets another shock three at 28:45.

Colt stares in disbelief before Paul Heyman emerges and gets him to leave. As Joel applies a chinlock (with knee to the back) on London, we see Heyman and Colt walk to the back, with Heyman coaching Colt. This takes us all the way to the timer counting down to 0.

BZZT! Enter Rob Van Dam and Hurricane. As they get to the apron, Joel releases his hold and slugs Hurricane off. Joel tags in Jose, and they try for a second Spanish Fly on London, but RVD grabs Jose's leg and London manages to shove Joel to the mat. He then grabs Jose and gets a Rock Bottom-like maneuver off the top. Jose and London are motionless as Joel rolls away and all three other men beg for a tag.

London moves first, crawling towards any corner he can. He finds an empty corner and looks around as Joel gets up. London staggers down the ropes and tags in Hurricane, who nails a rising Joel with a Shining Wizard as he races in. Hurricane hovers over Joel as Nova pulls Jose off the apron. Hurricane gets the goozle on Joel, gives the thumbs up, and chokeslams Joel. Hurricane tags in RVD, who bounces to the top rope and comes flying off with the Five-Star Frog Splash. RVD covers, and that's an easy pin at 33:46.

Nova enters the ring and pounds on RVD's back, but a whip into the ropes is reversed. RVD does the splits as Nova rebounds into a monkey flip. RVD grabs Nova's foot as he picks him up, hitting the stepover enzuigiri. Nova quickly bails and waits out the clock as it counts back down to 0.

BZZT! Enter the Right to Censor. Nova holds his ears, London holds his back, and Hurricane holds his nose as they enter. Nova returns to the ring to lock up with RVD, but Richards demands in. Richards gets the tag from RVD, and he locks up with Nova. Nova breaks and chops away on Richards, sending him into the ropes and hitting a leaping clothesline. He quickly covers for two.

Nova catches Richards in a cradle for two. Nova makes a desperation crossbody leap at Richards, which knocks him over for two (as the announcers play on Nova/London's tiredness). Nova sends Richards into the ropes, but puts his head down and Richards nails a DDT. He covers for two. Morley tags in, and he gets the running knee smashes and a Russian legsweep, which he converts to an Octopus hold.

He hangs on to it, using Richards for leverage, for almost a minute before RVD decides to break it. As RVD is sent back out of the ring, the RTC hits Nova with a DDT/3D-style double-team. Morley covers as Robinson turns around, but London dives in to save at two. As Robinson tells London to leave, Morley chokes down Nova. Morley covers as the ref returns, but again it's two. Morley tries a guillotine choke, but Nova hangs on as 0 hits.

BZZT! Enter World's Greatest Tag Team. Morley continues to apply the guillotine choke as Nova's fighting spirit seems to go away. Robinson checks the arm... it falls once, twice, but that's all. Nova fights to his feet, but Morley turns the hold (now a front chancery) into a DDT. He covers for two. Morley stomps away at Nova before tagging in Haas.

Haas pounds on Nova's back, setting him up and delivering a release German suplex. Haas applies a surfboard on Nova as Nova sits up. Shelton reaches through the ropes and slaps Nova in the face repeatedly, but this draws Robinson's attention, and as a result he doesn't see London grab Haas in an inverted DDT to break the hold. Nova tries to pull himself up using the ropes, but Haas rolls over and tags Shelton in first. As Nova stands up and turns around, Shelton nails the Dragon Whip on Nova. He covers, but Nova makes the ropes at 2.

Shelton tags in Richards, who tries for the Steven Kick, but Nova ducks and, as Steven turns around, hits Steven with a swinging neckbreaker. Both men are down. Steven is up first, but Nova grabs him and catapults him into the top rope, guillotining him. Steven slowly crawls over, as does Nova, and as Steven tags Morley, Nova tags in London. London goes to town on Morley with shots to the head, sending him into the ropes and getting a big back body drop before clutching his back in pain.

Morley drops a knee on London's back and tries for the cover, but it gets two. Morley picks London up and slams him in the center of the ring before climbing the top rope. He tries the Moral High Ground, but London gets his knees up. He slowly gets up as Morley does. Morley charges, but London catches him in the London Bridge. RVD blocks Richards for the heck of it, and the RTC is gone at 47:03.

Haas and Shelton both enter the ring and simultaneously attack London. Shelton whips London into the ropes and picks him up while Haas bounces off another set of ropes with the Hart Attack. It only gets two. WGTT look to RVD for help, and Haas tags RVD in. RVD backs London into the corner and delivers the shoulder thrusts with backflip. London staggers out into a superkick from RVD. That gets two. RVD tags in Hurricane, who picks London up and stands behind him. Hurricane nails the Eye of the Hurricane, but doesn't cover. Instead, he tags RVD back in, who goes to the top rope. RVD dives off with the Five-Star Frog Splash. He eventually covers as Shelton knocks Nova off the apron, and that's FINALLY enough to get Nova/London eliminated at 50:37.

Shelton hits RVD with a Dragon Whip to knock him down. He covers for two. Haas tags in, and the duo hit the Star-Spangled Blaster. Haas holds the bridge, but Hurricane breaks. Shelton and Hurricane tangle to the outside while Haas tries for the Angle Slam on RVD. RVD lands on his feet and runs Haas into the ropes, then rolls him up for two. RVD hits a crossbody on Haas for two. Shelton comes in from behind and gives RVD a release German suplex. Robinson won't count Shelton's cover, though, since he's not legal. As Shelton leaves, Haas tries an Oklahoma roll. It only gets two as Mike Barton is seen running to ringside.

He distracts Robinson as he drops a set of brass knuckles into the ring. Haas picks them up and attempts to use them on RVD, who ducks. Haas spins around, so RVD tries a back suplex, but Haas flips out. Haas winds up, but Hurricane disarms Haas from behind. Haas turns and kicks Hurricane low, but that allows RVD to cradle him from behind. At two, though, Barton pulls RVD off and to the outside. RVD and Barton get in a shoving match, while in the ring, Haas grabs Hurricane for a Star-Spangled Blaster. Instead, though, Shelton is tripped up by Eric Angle, who appears from the crowd.

Hurricane flips over the top of Haas and lifts him on his shoulders, dropping him in the Vertebreaker. As Robinson gets Hurricane to leave the ring, Barton climbs onto the apron, ready to interfere. RVD pulls him off and throws him into the railing, then hops onto the apron, then to the top rope. He dives off, connecting with the Five-Star Frog Splash on Haas. After clutching his gut, he drapes an arm on Haas, and the ref turns around in time to count the final pinfall and end Tag Team Turmoil.

WINNERS: Rob Van Dam and Hurricane (57:25)

Cole: "We have a winner! We have #1 Contenders! Rob Van Dam and the Hurricane are going to the Survivor Series! What a match! What a performance!"

Cornette: "And how close can two guys get? Haas and Shelton were inches away from victory before Eric Angle robbed them with his unwanted interference!"

Cole: "Robbed? He was evening the odds!"

Cornette: "Didn't you say two wrongs don't make a right?"

Cole: "Well, yeah, but... wait... Eric has something to say..."

Eric: "Hey, cut the music! First of all, let's have a big hand for the winners here. You guys did a hell of a job." Applause. "Secondly... and don't worry, B-Team, I'll get to you in a minute... secondly, let's have a round of applause for Paul London and Nova, who fought the hardest I've ever seen two guys fight in my career!" RVD and Hurricane lead an ovation. "And now, you guys. You tried to steal what wasn't yours... and that's just the reason I left Team Angle! So if you got a problem with what I did, you come in here and face me! Yeah, I'm talkin' to you, Mike! C'mon!"

Barton looks at his teammates, then at Eric. He charges the ring, and as he does, Robinson calls for the bell.

Eric Angle vs. Mike Barton

Eric pounds on Barton as he enters. He sends Barton into the ropes and flings him with an overhead suplex on the way out. Barton gets back up and walks into an armdrag. Eric stays on him with punches, but Barton gets in a throat thrust to turn the tide. Barton then heads outside and dares Eric to follow. Eric does so, giving chase, but Haas is waiting at ringside with a cheapshot.

He rolls Eric back in, and as Haas has Robinson distracted, Barton finds and slips on the brass knuckles he brought to the ring. He hides them from view until Eric comes around, then swings, but misses. He spins, and Eric catches him from behind with the Angle Slam. Eric disposes of the knuckles and covers, but it only gets two. Eric picks Barton up and tries a German suplex, but Barton connects with a mule kick. Barton picks Eric up in a fireman's carry, looking for the TKO, but Eric slides out the back. Eric rolls Barton up for two.

Barton hits a dash punch to Eric, knocking him flat. He covers for two. Barton goes up top as Eric is prone and looks for the fistdrop. Eric rolls aside and, as Barton lands, grabs Barton's leg and slaps on the Anklelock. Barton has nowhere to go, and he taps out to end the match.

WINNER: Eric Angle (4:47)

Cole: "And it looks like Team Angle is off to a bad start tonight! It's gonna come down to their leaders to salvage tonight, as Eric Angle has one-upped Mike Barton!"

Cornette: "I ain't got no complaints about that, it was a simple, old-fashioned counter as Eric caught Barton comin' off the top. When you come off the top, you open yourself up to risk, and Barton got caught, and that was it."

We go backstage, where Hulk Hogan is working out. Due to space constraints, I will summarize: Edge is psyched, but Hogan cautions him about how devious Angle and Lesnar are. As Edge leaves, Hogan bumps into Paul Heyman. Heyman assures Hulk he's here strictly on business and promises that should it be necessary, the Dangerous Alliance has Hogan's back. Hogan thanks him, but seems perturbed.

Chimel: "Ladies and gentlemen, at this time would you please rise and join the WWE family in a moment of silence to honor the memory of Ray Traylor, known to you as Big Bubba Rogers, who died ten days ago."

Silence, followed by a ten-bell salute.

Chimel: "Thank you."

Applause. As the crowd returns to normal, the browser loads up 10 - 30 - 70 - 100%, then explodes a pop-up window reading "UPGRADE!". Matt Hardy's music hits as he enters from the back, holding the new V-2 hand signal (a pair of V's with either hand, held over the head and crossed so that the fingers form a diamond).

Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Heavyweight Championship! Introducing first, the challenger: from Cameron, NC, weighing 225 pounds, Matt Hardy Version 2!"

Cole: "It is with a heavy heart but a determined mindset that Matt Hardy enters the biggest match of his life. Not only did his associate and bodyguard Ray Traylor pass away just ten days ago, but it was a year before that almost to the day that his brother Jeff was killed in the ring in a fluke accident. The memory of both these men has to be wearing on Matt right now."

Cornette: "Yeah it does, and I have it on good authority that Piper allowed him the chance to postpone the match, but you can see right now that Matt wants this chance more than anything else, and he's gonna fight for all he has to see it come true."

VIVA GUERRERO leads into the Mexican rock theme music of the champion. Eddie Guerrero emerges to a thunderous ovation, waving the Mexican flag and wearing the WWE Title.

Chimel: "And his opponent, from El Paso, Texas, weighing in at 220 pounds, he is the WWE Heavyweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero!"

Cole: "Well, if there's one thing we know, it's that Eddie isn't going to go easy on Matt Hardy tonight. These two are going to duke it out tooth and nail until only one man stands as the winner, Corny."

Cornette: "This is what SmackDown! is all about, and it's what the WWE is all about! You get an opportunity to show what you're made of, you do not let it pass you by, and I assure you Matt Hardy is going to come in here and fight with all he's got!"

WWE Heavyweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero (champion) vs. Matt Hardy Version 2 (challenger)

They lock up. Matt backs Eddie into the corner and gives him a clean break. They lock up again. This time Eddie backs Matt into the corner. Eddie offers a clean break, but Matt slaps Eddie instead. Matt punches away at Eddie, sending him into the ropes and scoring a twisting forearm on the way out. He picks Eddie up by the hair and sends him into the corner, following in by leaping over the ropes and slamming Eddie's throat on the rope.

Matt re-enters with a springboard legdrop. He covers for two. Matt picks Eddie up and knees him in the face before setting up the Twist of Fate. Eddie picks Matt up and gets a Northern Lights suplex out of it, bridging for two. Eddie and Matt lock up again, and this time, Eddie leaps and gets a front dropkick out of the lockup. He charges Matt, but Matt catches Eddie in an armdrag. Matt stands up and catches Eddie again, this time in a flapjack.

Matt goes for an Oklahoma roll, but Eddie blocks and lands on top for one before both men get up and stare each other down. Matt fakes a lockup and punches Eddie in the gut, hitting a gutwrench suplex. He punches Eddie in the solar plexus a few times before driving a knee into the gut. He covers for two. Matt picks Eddie up and sends him into the ropes, catching him on the way out with the Side Effect. He climbs to the second rope, hollers, and goes for the legdrop, but Eddie rolls aside. Eddie catches Matt in a rana, flipping over into the El Paso Lasso. Matt kicks Eddie off, however, and catches him with a drop toehold on the rebound.

Matt works a headlock, but Eddie stands up and hits a back suplex on Matt. He covers for two. Eddie picks Matt up and delivers a suplex. He rolls through with it and connects with another. He rolls through again and tries a third, but Matt blocks and gets a snap suplex of his own. He picks Eddie up and delivers an inverted atomic drop to him. Eddie staggers around into a lariat from Matt. Matt covers for two. Matt grabs a front chancery with one arm and slugs the back of Eddie's neck with the other. He stands Eddie up and suplexes him.

Matt floats over for two. Matt picks Eddie up and tosses him into the turnbuckle, then sets him on it. Matt follows him up, looking for a superplex, but Eddie blocks. Eddie headbutts Matt, who loses his grip on Eddie and hangs on to the ropes. Eddie flips over Matt, trying to powerbomb him off the second turnbuckle, but this time Matt grabs Eddie's head and DDTs him. Matt covers for two. Matt picks Eddie up and kicks him in the gut. He signals for the Twist of Fate, but Eddie blocks it. Eddie shoves Matt off and bounces off the ropes. He catches Matt in a headscissors, knocking him down by the ropes.

Eddie heads to the apron and delivers his slingshot senton to Matt. He covers for two. Eddie grabs Matt and chops him into the corner before climbing the second turnbuckle. He begins a ten-punch countalong, but Matt stops it at 8 and powerbombs Eddie out of the corner. Matt covers for two. Matt waits for Eddie to get up, then delivers a dropkick to him. He covers again, and again it gets two. Matt tosses Eddie to the outside in frustration, then runs the ropes and baseball slides Eddie into the guardrail. Eddie tries to create space by walking around outside, but Matt follows him and does the railrunner clothesline onto Eddie.

Matt tosses Eddie back into the ring and follows him in, catching him with a kick. He signals, and this time the Twist of Fate connects. He covers, but it's only two. Matt picks Eddie up and throws him into the ropes, trying for a clothesline. Eddie ducks the first try, then the second. Eddie then rebounds and hits Matt with a crossbody. Eddie covers for two. Eddie picks Matt up and sends him into the ropes. He catches Matt with a powerslam on the way out, but he doesn't cover. Eddie heads to the top, slaps his chest, and dives for the frog splash, but he hits Matt's knees.

Both men are down and crawling their way to the ropes. Matt is up first, and he sends Eddie into the ropes. On the way back, he hits Eddie with a scrapbuster, which the announcers recognize as the Bossman Slam. Matt doesn't cover, but instead looks up and points to the sky. He steps to the apron and climbs to the top rope as the camera shows tears in his eyes. He points skyward, then imitates Jeff's guns salute to his own face. He dives off and connects with the Swanton Bomb on Eddie. Matt rolls back over and covers, and he gets the three-count for the biggest victory of his career.

WINNER and NEW WWE Heavyweight Champion: Matt Hardy Version 2 (17:48)

Cornette: "He did it! We have a new champion! Can you believe it, Michael?"

Cole: "What a performance by Matt Hardy, and what a way to finish! The Bossman Slam and the Swanton Bomb, the tribute nets him the WWE Title!"

Tim White presents Matt with the belt as Matt gets to his feet. Matt looks into it, then looks upward, a mixed bag of emotions. He proceeds to hug the title close to his chest as Eddie gets to his feet. The music stops. Eddie looks at Matt, then extends his hand. Matt takes it, and the two shake. Eddie then raises Matt's hand in victory as we go to black.

October 19 -- ABC and the WWE present the first ever democratic wrestling show! YOU -- THE FANS -- decide all the matches! Who will challenge for the titles? How will they do it? How many matches will there be? It's all up to you! WWE presents Halloween Havoc, October 19, live and only on ABC!

The sirens blare as Bull Buchanan heads to the ring.

Chimel: "The following contest is a triple threat match scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring, from Eddyville, KY, weighing in at 270 pounds, Bull Buchanan!"

Cole: "Well, the last match was all about emotion and all about the spirit of competition -- this one -- there's a lot of emotion, but it's all negative, Corny."

Cornette: "Oh, you're not kidding, Michael. This is all about three guys fighting for the rightful place of one woman, and I'm only half certain she knows she's the one being fought for!"

Kidman's music plays as he emerges, staring a hole in Bull the whole time.

Chimel: "From Allentown, PA, weighing in at 195 pounds, Billy Kidman!"

Cole: "It is this man's wife that we are about to find out the fate of. Will she remain with the Undertaker? Will she join the Right to Censor? Or will she come home to her husband, who if we're to be believed hasn't been united with her since SummerSlam?"

The lights go out. GONG. Lightning strikes the stage as the dark presences of Undertaker and Torrie appear. They walk slowly to the ring.

Chimel: "And their opponent, being accompanied by Torrie Wilson, from Death Valley, weighing in at 305 pounds, The Undertaker!"

Bull Buchanan vs. Billy Kidman vs. The Undertaker

Kidman jumps the gun and attacks Bull, sending him into the corner. Bull leaps to the top and fires back the clothesline, but Kidman ducks and Taker gets it. Bull pounds on Taker as Kidman heads to the outside. Bull picks Taker up and throws him into the ropes, but Taker goes with it and dives out onto Kidman. Bull follows them to the outside and tosses Taker back in. Bull pounds on Taker's back before sending him into the corner.

Bull catches Taker in the body-vice as Kidman returns. Kidman leaps into the air and grabs Taker out of the body-vice into a DDT. Kidman gets up, only to be booted by Bull. Bull picks Kidman up and powerslams him down, covering for two. Bull sends Kidman into the ropes, but Taker catches Kidman by the throat. Kidman pries Taker's hand off his throat, allowing Bull to grab Taker from behind and DDT him.

Kidman goes up top and hits Bull with a swinging rana, but as he gets up, Taker sits up. Kidman waits for Taker to stand and dropkicks him out of the ring, right by Torrie. Kidman goes to the top rope, but before he dives, he sees Torrie there and hesitates. It's enough for Bull to pull him off the top rope with a back superplex. Bull covers for two. Taker returns as Bull heads to the top rope. Taker stands between the two, and when Bull jumps off, Taker catches him in a powerslam.

Kidman rolls outside the ring as Taker stands up. Bull follows him to his feet, but walks into a chokeslam from Taker. Taker delivers the cutthroat sign as we see Kidman forcibly leading Torrie back to the locker room. Taker picks Bull up and turns him over, hitting him with the Tombstone. He folds the arms and covers, and that's a three count.

WINNER: The Undertaker (7:00)

Cole: "The Undertaker wins! The Undertaker has vanquished the Right to Censor's challenge for the services of Torrie!"

Cornette: "Taker didn't do that! He doesn't have Torrie! He... where's Kidman going?"

We follow Kidman backstage, where he grabs his bags on the way to the outside. He has Torrie by the wrist, and she follows, emotionless. He takes the urn out of her hands and throws it aside as they approach Kidman's car on the outside. He opens the back door and forces her in, closing it behind her. He then gets in the driver's seat, yelling about how he's getting his wife back. He tosses his gear in, gets in, and drives off.

A commercial for "Matt Hardy: Life, Death, and Wrestling", the WWE's newest DVD, plays. On sale November 9.

Cole: "Well, Jim, we've had a lot of things go on tonight -- a huge Tag Team Turmoil match, a new WWE Champion, a... I don't even know WHAT's going on with Torrie anymore... but this is the match many people have been waiting for."

"Medal" plays as the tag team champions enter the arena to the tune of "You Suck" chants. Kurt sets off his pyro at the entrance, and Brock does the same as he leaps onto the apron.

Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Tag Team Championships! Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 530 pounds, the WWE Tag Team Champions, Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle!"

The words "you think you know me" lead into "Never Gonna Stop" as Edge appears through the smoke effect and strobing on stage before heading to ringside, stopping before he enters.

Chimel: "And their opponents, first, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, weighing in at 240 pounds, Edge!"

The place goes silent. Then when the first guitar chords of "Voodoo Child" play over the PA, the arena explodes in cheers.

Chimel: "And his partner, from Hollywood, USA, weighing 280 pounds, the Immortal Hollywood Hulk Hogan!"

WWE Tag Team Championships: Team Angle (champions) vs. Edge and Hulk Hogan (challengers)

Edge and Hogan charge the ring, with Edge knocking over Angle and punching him while Hogan trades shots with Brock. Hogan knocks Brock out of the ring and follows as Edge pounds away on Angle. Edge whips Angle into the ropes, catching him with a belly-to-belly on the rebound. Edge waits for Angle to get up and delivers a kneelift. Brock re-enters, however, and clotheslines Edge down. Angle takes over with an overhead suplex. Brock tags in, and the duo hit a double suplex on Edge.

Brock remains in charge, picking Edge up and hitting a gutwrench suplex. He hangs on, floats over, and gets a second one. He repeats, getting a third one. Brock sets Edge on the top turnbuckle and tags in Kurt. Kurt gets a running start and flings Edge across the ring with the Pop-Up Superplex. He covers for two. Kurt grabs Edge from behind and hits a German suplex. He rolls through and connects with another one. He rolls through again and flings Edge on a release German.

Kurt tags in Brock, who picks Edge up in the fireman's carry. Hogan enters the ring and kicks Brock in the stomach to stop the F-5, then grabs Brock and slams him down. As Hogan is told to leave, Kurt enters and Angle Slams Edge. Brock rolls over as the ref turns around (delayed), and Edge manages to fire the shoulder up at two. Brock tosses Edge into the Team Angle corner and tags in Kurt. Brock fires off a series of shoulder thrusts to Edge, then back off so Kurt can deliver a running dropkick to Edge's face.

Kurt calls to the crowd before covering, but at two, Edge's foot is on the ropes. Kurt picks Edge up and overhead suplexes him back to the center of the ring. Kurt picks Edge up and tosses him into the ropes, but on the rebound, Edge hits a Thesz Press on Kurt (who was trying for another suplex). Edge tries to crawl to Hogan, but Kurt catches him and slaps on the Ankle Lock. Edge screams in pain, but as the ref checks Edge to see if he taps, Hogan charges in and clotheslines Kurt.

Kurt gets back up and places Edge on the turnbuckle, following him up for a superplex. Edge shoves Kurt off and leaps, connecting with a missile dropkick on Kurt. Both men are down. Kurt makes the tag to Brock, but Brock can't keep Edge from diving and tagging in Hogan.

Hogan slugs away on Brock, hitting him with right hands, then nailing Kurt with one to knock him off the apron. Hogan backs Brock into the corner and hits the ten punch countalong, then bites Brock's nose. Hogan picks Brock up and connects with a back suplex on him before posing and pointing at Brock. Hogan bounces off the ropes, but Kurt grabs Hogan's foot. Hogan argues with Kurt as Brock kips up, and Hogan turns around straight into the F-5. It gets two.

Hogan shakes as he gets to one knee. A punch does nothing. Another punch, and Hogan starts walking off the pain. Another punch -- YOU!!! Another is blocked. Hogan hits three right hands before sending Brock into the ropes and booting him down. He poses and signals, but he comes off the ropes into the arms of Kurt, who delivers a belly-to-belly.

Kurt pulls the straps down and slaps the Ankle Lock on Hogan, but Edge charges in and spears Kurt off. Brock gets back up, but Edge boots him in the gut and hits the Edgecution. Hogan gets to his feet as Brock is out and Edge tosses Kurt. Hogan and Edge point to each other. Hogan bounces off the ropes and connects with the Legdrop, and Edge follows suit. Edge covers, and the whole place counts three.

WINNERS: Edge and Hollywood Hulk Hogan (14:16)

Cole: "They did it! Edge survived a torrential onslaught of suplexes -- and with the help of the legend, he has defeated Team Angle's top guns! We have new WWE Tag Team Champions! We have a new WWE Champion! What a night! For Jim Cornette, I'm Michael Cole, saying we'll see you on Thursday! "

<<<FIN>>>

No room for contest results. Let's do that in the next post!

Dukes

Hehe, atleast I predicted my suckiness right.

Good PPV, Dukes. I would have had the Three Way before the World Title match, but hey, it's your diary, and you've done pretty damn well so far.

Looking forward to Halloween Havoc. ;)

EDIT: Perhaps you've explained this before, but why ABC? I know George Lopez was at WrestleMania, but I just don't get it. I would have prefered NBC. :P

Edited by Tristof Kitler

First, to Tristy: not just George Lopez. Also Dick Vitale. I'm thinking that, in exchange for those two being at WM20, the WWE agreed to put some shows on ABC. The business was (and still is) above 85%, so it's a smart move.

I'll rant on this later... maybe in this space... but just a note.

I totalled up the results without looking at who predicted what for best match of the night (which is looking to be Tag Team Turmoil). I'll list the answers to the questions here so you can check your own results, but as it stands, I believe we have a very unlikely three-way tie. In that two of the three were certain they'd lose.

1. Eddie Guerrero v. Matt Hardy

ANSWER: Matt Hardy

2. What moves (Bossman Slam, Swanton Bomb, both, or neither) would Hardy use?

ANSWER: Both

3. Would there be any interference in the title match?

ANSWER: No

4. Angle/Lesnar v. Edge/Hogan

ANSWER: Edge/Hogan

5. Who pins whom?

ANSWER: Edge -> Lesnar

ANSWER: Undertaker

7. Who pins whom?

ANSWER: Taker -> Bull

8. Rey Misterio v. Tazz

ANSWER: Tazz

9. Who is Joey Numbahs?

ANSWER: Matt Morgan

10. Tag Team Turmoil -- 1st place

ANSWER: RVD/Hurricane

11. Tag Team Turmoil -- 2nd place

ANSWER: World's Greatest Tag Team

12. Nathan Jones v. Ultimo Dragon

ANSWER: Nathan Jones

13. Best match of the night

ANSWER: To be determined (this question was not scored)

14. Were these the only matches?

ANSWER: No (Eric v. Barton impromptu match)

15. What match would be last?

ANSWER: Angle/Lesnar v. Edge/Hogan

The scores as I have them...

8 points:

NICK ADAMS (correct on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 14)

TRISTOF KITLER (correct on 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15)

TROY MASKELL (correct on 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14)

7 points:

KAPALUA2483 (correct on 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15)

RAISTLIN (correct on 1, 6, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15)

6 points:

DEANITUDE (correct on 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 14)

DOUBLEX (correct on 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, 14)

JAM (correct on 1, 2, 4, 8, 11, 12)

K.O.T.W (correct on 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 14)

OLDSKOOL (correct on 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 14)

5 points:

HURRICANE DONALD (correct on 1, 2, 8, 9, 15)

Y2GUDGE (correct on 1, 3, 4, 8, 12)

4 points:

CRAIG (correct on 1, 6, 7, 8)

THEACE (correct on 1, 8, 12, 14)

3 points:

GCCWOLVERINE (correct on 1, 8, 12)

2 points:

THE_MONKEY_MOLESTER (correct on 8, 12)

Q#  #RIGHT

01 13/16

02  7/16

03  9/16

04  6/16

05  1/16

06  5/16

07  4/16

08 15/16

09  1/16

10  2/16

11  4/16

12 10/16

13 ungraded

14 10/16

15  4/16

Average Score: 5.688 (91/16) = 40.6% accuracy

Standard Deviation: 1.778

Congrats to Hurricane Donald, the only person to predict correctly that "Joey Numbahs" would be portrayed by Matt Morgan. Congrats also to Nick Adams, who was the only one to say that Edge would pin Brock in the tag title match. However, Nick was also the only person to pick Rey Misterio instead of Tazz. I bet he's kicking himself on that one.

Although probably not too hard, because as you can see, he's in the three-way tie for first, with two others one behind, entering the final question. Of course, all five of them gave the EXACT SAME ANSWER for the ungraded question, so it doesn't matter.

Nick, Tristy, and Troy all win the contest and are hereby declared part of the SmackDown! booking team for Survivor Series. Congratulations!

Rant later.

Hmm...I got the first six right...and we really need to include the :wall: smiley around here. What was I thinking, believing that Rey Rey could beat Tazz?

Well, the more, the merrier.

And you know, I actually based my predictions off the original BVS, and the past few shows. Man, I'm a good guesser.

So, how're we gonna' divvy this thang up?

<_<

The second time I make a prediction in your diary, and I actually do decent, and get to be on the booking team for Survivor Series.

*sigh*

*goes to read 23 pages of the diary so he won't fuck up SS*

:lol:

- The SmarK Rant for No Mercy 2004.

- Live from Joizee.

- Your hosts are Michael Cole and James E. Cornette.

- By the way, kudos to whoever came up with the "movie trailer" opening montage. My PPV viewing party nearly lost it when they had "and Hulk Hogan as himself" at the end.

- Opening match: Rey Misterio v. Tazz. Tazz is back to his original BADASS music, I see. Clean break to start to tease Tazz's face/heel status, then they work a headlock sequence into a Northern Lights suplex by Tazz. Rey hits a dropkick, but misses the second one and Tazz goes ground and/or pound on Rey. Snap suplex gets two. Rey reverses momentum with some armdrags, but a monkey flip try is reversed for two. Rey with a Victory Roll for two. Sunset flip gets two as Rey plays the speed card. Crossbody and Dragonrana get two, and Tazz exits, only to get hit with a tope con hilo. Rey misses whatever off the guardrail, landing headlong on the apron (EW). Into the steps, and Tazz signals for Tazzmission, but Rey catches him with a standing moonsaut press for two. Handspring elbow by Rey sets up the 6-1-9, but the West Coast Hop is caught and turned into a Tazzplex. Ah, there's the Tazz I know and love. Release German suplex gets two, and Tazz is blown up. Rey with another monkey flip, sending Tazz into the ref. Tazz with a lariat and he decides to go home early, as Matt Morgan (the big dude from TE2) enters the ring and hits a helicopter powerbomb on Rey. He leaves, and Tazzmission finishes at 11:03. Well, Tazz ain't in game shape yet, but not a bad return all in all. *3/4 And indeed, Matt Morgan is introduced as being the Joey Numbahs Tazz is referring to. They even refer to "Matt Morgan" as being his middle and last names, although as far as stretches go, this is up there.

- WWE United States Title: Nathan Jones v. Ultimo Dragon. Feeling-out process to start, and Ultimo turns a haymaker into a hiptoss. Seated dropkick and falling headbutt follow, and Ultimo goes to the arm, trying to cut out half of Jones's offense, but Jones makes the ropes and jabs away. Ultimo channels the spirit of Curt Hennig and flies over the top rope on an uppercut. Jones threatens the announcers' table (anyone notice how much the table has survived in the past year or so? Eerie), but Ultimo escapes and gets the Asai moonsault. Ultimo crotches Jones as he steps over the top, but an attempt at a ropewalk rana is batted away. Punt is ducked, and Ultimo gets a clip. He then tries La Majistral, but Jones is useless and has no clue what to do, so Ultimo goes for an STF instead. Jones powers out, so Ultimo tries to make it a sleeper, only to get squashed for two. Corner flurry, but the ref stops it early and nothing comes of it. Blind charge eats elbow and Ultimo goes up top, but YOU CAN'T CROSSBODY NATHAN. Jones tries the Punt again, but Paul Heyman distracts. As the ref breaks up their soap opera, Shannon Ward adds a gratuitous beltshot, and the Punt finishes for real at 8:53. Ultimo tried, but there was too much working against him. *

- TAG TEAM TURMOIL~! Tony Chimel goes over the rules: two teams start, a new team enters every five minutes, two men are legal, and a new team must wait to be tagged in or risk disqualification. Fasten your seat belts, because this'll be a long ride. So, Nova and Paul London enter #1, while Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore enter #2. Evan fires off at London in a clinch, but London gets a Dropsault, triggering a four-way brawl. Nova and London go "Rockers 2K4" on everyone, and London goes to work on the arm. Nova rolls Evan up for two. Dropkicks and Evan bails. Back in, Nova gets a DDT for two and switches to a ground sleeper, but Shannon enters with a dropkick to Nova's face to begin heat segment #1 of what I think will be about 349875. Shannon goes legal and hits a springboard legdrop for two. Headscissors follow and we HIT THE CHINLOCK as the crowd decides to count the seconds down rather than pay attention to the match. Nidia's Boys are #3, and Noble tags in right away with a stalling brainbuster for two. Gunn with a military press for two. Overhand chops by Gunn, and he whips Nova into a straight right from Noble, rolling him up for two. Neat double-team there. Gunn and Evan do a slam/flying elbow for two. Blind charge misses, and Nova gets a bulldog. Chicanery leads to a corkscrew moonsault from Shannon for two. Double suplex by Mattitude gets two. Rocket Launcher and Shannon goes up, but the APA enter at #4. Shannon's doubletake allows London to shove Shannon off the top, and Nova nails a desperation Spin Doctor and gets a shock pinfall at 11:13. On replay, you can clearly see Evan's surprised look when Shannon is pinned, as he anticipated a kickout. Gunn dives in to keep up the heat segment, but Nova slips out the Jackhammer and hits a Spin Doctor on him, too. Hot tag Bradshaw as he goes nuts on Noble and Gunn. Gunn tries to bring London in, but he gets met with a Hotshot from London and the Clothesline from Heck to finish at 13:45. Both APA are in, but that's not cool, so Faarooq leaves and London dives in on Bradshaw immediately. He keeps the advantage until he eats a boot as Tajiri and Scott Colt arrive at #5. We all think this is heat segment #2, but Faarooq gets careless and tosses London into a corner near the ramp, allowing Colt to tag himself in and go nuts on everyone. Dropkick on Faarooq, another to Nova, snap suplex to Bradshaw, but Faarooq gets a powerslam. It's BONZO GONZO as London ranas Faarooq and Bradshaw is sent out. London Bridge gets two. Colt gets the slingshot legdrop for two. Bradshaw spears Nova, but Tajiri with the GREEN MIST OF DOOM to send him back out. And then the payoff: Nova, London, Tajiri, and Colt hits a QUADRUPLE SWANDIVE HEADBUTT OF DEATH on Faarooq, and Colt pins him at 19:17. Wow. Colt begins to school London with a German for two. Colt works the back with a bow-and-arrow as Los Maximos enter at #6 and Heat Segment #2 begins in earnest. Jose hits a Lionsault on London (who is still in the bow-and-arrow), and Colt shrugs his shoulders and assumes he's no longer legal in a cute bit. The Maximos go double-team crazy, hitting the moonsault sequence for two. They get the Kaientai camel-clutch/dropkick combo, and Joel adds a flip foot stomp for good measure. Neat. Tajiri in, and he kicks away on the back and tosses London. Jose and Tajiri then go nuts, as Jose slams London's back into the apron, leading to Tajiri baseball sliding London's shoulder blades. Sick. Joel in with a snapmare and back-of-the-head dropkick, but here comes 3 Live Kru at #7. They clean house on the Maximos, hitting all their signature spots, until the ref DQs them for not reporting to the apron at 27:04. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. In the chaos, the Maximos hit the Spanish Fly, but Nova gets a flying kneedrop. Colt in, and he tries to prevent the hot tag, but London ducks and Colt and Nova butt heads. London rolls Colt up for the pin at 28:45 in a direct homage to the Bulldogs/Dream Team finish at WM2. Joel HITS THE CHINLOCK, beginning Heat Segment #3, as we see Heyman consoling Colt. Tajiri doesn't leave with them, oddly enough. Anyway, RVD and Hurricane are #8, and Joel greets Hurricane with a shot to knock him off the apron. The Maximos go for another Spanish Fly, but RVD gets even with Joel by grabbing Jose's leg as Joel falls flat on the mat. London then hits Jose with a top-rope Rock Bottom for a Double KO as the everyone begs for a tag. London goes to the wrong corner, then finds Hurricane, who gets the tag and hits a Shining Wizard on Joel. Chokeslam and Five-Star Frog Splash finish the Maximos at 33:46. Nova enters and hits some CLUBBERIN', THEY BE CLUBBERIN', TONY, but RVD reverses a whip to get his split-legged monkey flip. Stepover enzuigiri and Nova bails, preferring to wait for the next team. The next team is RTC at #9, as they show Nova holding his ears from the sirens (and Hurricane holding his nose at the same time -- too funny). Richards demands in to face Nova, and RVD obliges. Nova chops away and gets a leaping clothesline for two. Rollup gets two. Crossbody gets two. Nova makes a mistake brought on by fatigue as he puts his head down, and Richards gets a DDT for two. Morley enters with the running knee smashes, then applies the Octopus hold as Nova is the target of Heat Segment #4, all on his team. Ouch. Richards helps with it before RVD breaks out of boredom. RTC with a beautiful elevated DDT, but London saves at two. Morley with a blatant choke for two. Guillotine choke follows as World's Greatest Tag Team enter as the 10th and final team. Nova teases a KO in the choke before fighting to his feet... and straight into a DDT for two. Haas in with a release German suplex, and he applies a surfboard. Shelton slaps away at Nova, so London gets an inverted DDT on Haas to break the hold. Shelton cuts off the hot tag with a Dragon Whip. Nova's in the ropes at 2. Richards misses the Steven Kick and scores a swinging neckbreaker. Catapult hotshot by Nova, and it's hot tag London. BAAAAAAACKBODY drop, but London's back goes out and that stops that rally dead. Morley gets two as Heat Segment #5 begins. Moral High Ground hits the knees, however, and a blind charge leads to the London Bridge to eliminate RTC at 47:03. No rest for the weary, though, as WGTT pound on London to continue the heat segment. Hart Attack gets two. RVD volunteers, and he scores his backflip shoulder thrust and superkick. Eye of the Hurricane and Five-Star FINALLY gets the pin at 50:37, as we're down to RVD/Cane v. WGTT. The announcers start pimping this as Nova and London's coming out party, and the crowd seems to agree, delivering a HUGE "Bullsh*t" chant as they're pinned. And now the party really begins as it's practically BONZO GONZO from here on out. Dragon Whip on RVD gets two. Star-Spangled Blaster gets two. Haas loses his grip on an Angle Slam, and RVD rolls him up for two. Crossbody gets two. Shelton hits a German suplex, but he's not legal. Haas rolls RVD up for two as Mike Barton appears and things really go crazy. Barton adds brass knuckles to the match, and Haas puts them on. Swing and a miss on RVD, who tries a back suplex that Haas flips out of, but Hurricane yanks the knucks away, distracting Haas. RVD rolls Haas up, but Barton pulls RVD away at two. RVD and Barton go at it, distracting the ref while Hurricane is set up for a second Star-Spangled Blaster. Eric Angle runs in out of the crowd to break this one up, tripping Shelton. Hurricane switches behind Haas and hits the MOTHERF*CKING VERTEBREAKER on him. RVD re-enters, having disposed of Barton, and gets a Five-Star for the pin and the #1 Contendership at 57:25. Absolutely red-hot finishing sequence and some hella-cool storytelling on Nova and London, combined with new faces being shuffled in and out a la the Royal Rumble, make this an easy MOTYC. Get the replay just to see Nova and London become stars. ****1/2

- BUT WAIT! Eric Angle takes the mic and (after putting over RVD, Hurricane, Nova, and London) challenges Barton to fight fair, one-on-one. So we have...

- Impromptu Match: Eric Angle v. Mike Barton. Screw Benoit, Charles Robinson is the REAL Iron Man for working an hourlong match like what we just saw AND sticking around for this one. Eric catches a charging Barton to start and gets an overhead suplex. Eric with an armdrag, but Barton blocks a flurry with a shot to the throat. Barton suckers Eric to the outside, where Haas nails him. Back in, Barton gets the brass knuckles and tries to KO Eric with them, but he misses, and an Angle Slam gets two. German suplex is blocked, TKO is blocked, and a rollup gets two. Dash punch by Barton gets two. Barton tries the top-rope fistdrop, but Eric rolls away and hits the Anklelock out of nowhere for the tapout at 4:47. Couldn't this have been saved for SmackDown!? 1/2*

- Backstage, Paul Heyman promises Hogan that the Dangerous Alliance is also not a fan of Team Angle. This didn't go anywhere.

- Ray Traylor gets a ten-bell salute.

- WWE Heavyweight Title: Eddie Guerrero v. Matt Hardy. Crowd is torn on this one, as the usually cynical Tri-State crowd pays respect to Matt. Matt gives Eddie a clean break to start, but when Eddie returns the favor, Matt slaps him and opens up. A twisting forearm and Eddie goes to the turnbuckle, where Matt snaps his neck on the ropes. Back in with a springboard legdrop for two. Twist of Fate is reversed to a Northern Lights suplex for two by Eddie. Eddie gets a dropkick out of a lockup, but Matt catches a charging Eddie in an armdrag and flapjack. Rollup is blocked by Eddie for one. Matt with a gutwrench suplex and he works the gut for two. Side Effect sets up the Control-Alt-Delete, but Eddie rolls away. El Paso Lasso is kicked away, and Matt gets a drop toehold. Eddie uses a back suplex to break a headlock and gets two. Rolling verticals, but the third is reversed by Matt. Inverted atomic drop and lariat gets two. Suplex (set up by Matt punching the back of Eddie's neck) gets two. Matt tries a superplex, but Eddie slips out. Eddie tries the MURDERDEATHKILL powerbomb, but Matt turns it into a DDT for two. Awesome sequence. Twist of Fate is blocked again, and Eddie gets a headscissors and slingshot senton for two. Eddie for the ten-punch countalong, but Matt powerbombs him out (something Eddie couldn't do) for two. Dropkick gets two. Matt tosses Eddie and baseball slides him, and Eddie tries to clear his head by walking away, so Matt hits the Railrunner on Eddie to pop the crowd big. Twist of Fate finally hits... for two. Eddie ducks some clotheslines and gets a crossbody for two. Powerslam sets up the Frog Splash, which hits the knees for the Double KO. Matt up first, and the Bossman Slam connects. A vocal part of the crowd chants for the Swanton, and as the camera shows Matt almost crying, he connects with the Swanton Bomb for the pin and his first ever world title at 17:48. Matt breaks down in tears of joy at the end, and Eddie raises his hand in victory. Well, if this was a hotshot title change, it worked. ***1/2

- Bull Buchanan v. Billy Kidman v. Undertaker. Torrie emerges with Taker, naturally. Kidman attacks Bull to start, but Bull fires back with the rebound lariat, hitting Taker by mistake. He'll live with it, of course, and continues pounding Taker. Bull sends Taker to the ropes, so Taker vaults over them and it's the REDNECK ZOMBIE OUT OF CONTROL PLANCHA onto poor Kidman. Back in, Bull and Taker continue pounding as Kidman lies around on the outside, probably waiting for the pain of being in this match to go away. Bull slaps on the body-vice as Kidman returns and DDTs Taker out of it. Bull thanks him by booting him down and hitting a powerslam for two. Taker tries to chokeslam Kidman, but he escapes and Bull DDTs Taker. Kidman ranas Bull and dropkicks Taker out, but passes on the dive because Torrie is helping Taker. Bull with a superplex on Kidman for two. Bull tries the flying legdrop, but Taker intervenes and powerslams Bull in a spot that looked better on paper, most likely. Kidman decides he's had enough of the match and walks off, taking Torrie with him, as Taker finishes Bull with the usual at 7:00. DUD We follow Kidman to the back as he "kidnaps" his wife, throwing her in the back seat and pausing to explain he's going to try to de-program her. Bizarre use of a PPV match -- they would've been better served with just running an angle and not a match here. I know, I don't believe what I'm saying either.

- Main event, WWE Tag Team Titles: Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar v. Edge and Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Well, if there's ever a time when the tag title match should be a main event, this is it. Faces charge the ring to start as Edge and Angle stay inside the ring and Brock and Hogan fight outside it. Edge gets a belly-to-belly and kneelift, but Brock appears and lariats down Edge, who becomes the face-in-peril. Angle with an overhead suplex on Edge, then Brock comes in and they do a double. Brock hits rolling GUTWRENCH suplexes on Edge, then sets him on the top rope so Kurt can hit the Pop-Up Superplex. Screw Tazz, this duo's the Human Suplex Machine. And yes, a machine can have multiple parts. It gets two. Rolling Germans now, and Brock looks to finish with the F-5. Hogan stops it with a kick and slam, so Kurt enters with the Angle Slam to Edge. After... Hogan... eventually... leaves, it gets two. The announcers play up the strategy of giving Edge time to recover -- which disguises how friggin slow Hogan was. Brock delivers shoulder thrusts, and Kurt follows with a running dropkick (!!) for the heck of it. Edge makes the ropes at two. An overhead suplex, but the second one is countered to a Thesz Press as the crowd sees signs of life. Ankle Lock seems ready to stop that, but Hogan runs Kurt over with an Axe Bomber of sorts. Kurt puts Edge on top, looking for a standard superplex, but Edge shoves him off and hits a missile dropkick. Brock comes in, but it's the hot Hot HOT tag to Hogan. Standard house of fire segment, with ten punches to Brock and a bite from that sportsman and hero to millions. Back suplex sets up the legdrop, but Kurt stops it. Hogan yells at him before walking into the F-5... for two. We all know what happens next, so fast forward to the big boot. Hogan bounces off the ropes... straight into a belly-to-belly from Kurt. HA! Ankle Lock to Hogan, but Edge repays the favor and spears Kurt away. Brock gets an Edgecution, Kurt is disposed of, and both men hit legdrops on Brock (with Edge getting the honors) for the pin and the titles at 14:16. To say the crowd goes wild would be a mild understatement. Now, I doubt it'll be played up much, but it should be: Edge essentially won a handicap match, as Hogan did little else but his Hulk-Up routine and pulling Edge out of the fire. Sure, Edge wouldn't have won if it HAD been a handicap match, but understand that he wrestled about 90% of the match for his team, including during the ending sequence, and KO'd both opponents with his primary and secondary finisher. If this doesn't make Edge a star... well, actually, I think we know who to blame there. Still, shockingly good tag match considering Hogan was in it. **3/4

The Bottom Line:

Not as good as other offerings from the blue team, but certainly keeps the WWE on a PPV roll they've had since Vengeance. Undertaker was his usual drag on the card, but that's almost to be expected. The real story here is that Nova, Matt, London, and Edge emerged as prime-time players and will likely be mainstays for some time. Go out of your way to get the TAG TEAM TURMOIL, and see if you can keep from getting varklempt by the end of the WWE Title match.

Thumbs up.

October 4, 2004

WWE.com

For the first time since WrestleMania, television and the WWE cross paths at the Greatest Arena on Earth -- it's RAW from Madison Square Garden, baby!

At the end of last week's show, we learned of one big match for this week -- Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels are set to go one-on-one! Orton's dispatching of Sting leaves him ready to take on the top names, and certainly the Heartbreak Kid qualifies. One of the first ever meetings -- if not THE first -- between these two in a match environment, and certainly one that will be special!

Speaking of Sting, he returns to the site of his loss to HBK and WrestleMania, and does so with a golden opportunity to rebound. Sting has been granted a shot at the Intercontinental Title against Chris Nowinski tonight! Old school meets new school in a big way -- a man whose training was shown on TV goes against a man from the days when it was all said to be real. Who's gonna stand out in this one?

Campaigning for the vote is going on across the country, but also in the WWE! Everyone has an opinion on who they want to face at Halloween Havoc, and we're going to need your help! Every vote counts, so make sure to send us your wishes as we get ready to collaborate with ABC and you the fans!

All this and more -- including a special Lady Liberty Bikini Contest -- tonight on RAW! Tune in at 9 / 8 Central to SpikeTV to catch all the action!

Be very afraid, gentlemen. Essa might be stepping into this diary very soon. I know I'm scared out of my mind. You should be. You really, really, REALLY should be.

- The SmarK RAW Rant for Oct. 04 / 04.

- LIVE from New York, it's Monday Night!

- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Dallas Page.

- RNN! The OrTron 7500 shows Orton beating the hell out of HBK at the end of the night last week to promote the Orton/Michaels showdown at the main event slot of this show. His guest is, appropriate in the champion of buildings, the champion of RAW, Chris Jericho. Orton mentions the chance they'll meet at Halloween Havoc, and Jericho isn't worried. "You're only second place on your team; how can you be first on RAW?" I wonder if the whole dissension thing will stick, and if it does, where they go with it. Orton remarks that he's come farther, faster, than anyone in WWE history, and that at Halloween Havoc, he would become the youngest heavyweight champion ever. As if. Jericho begins making all sorts of baby jokes in reply, so Orton slaps him (way to prove your manliness) and a brawl breaks out. Benoit races in to commence a double-team with Bischoff calling the shots, but NICK MONDO of all people makes his return and cleans house with a Singapore cane as Evolution makes a race to the back. Crowd didn't really react to Mondo the way you figured they would.

- Rhyno v. Lance Storm. Here's an interesting development: Molly comes out to referee, because apparently a lot of people are requesting she be the referee of a match. Well, no one ever accused the WWE of making sense -- one minute they want her with Bischoff, and when that's failing they switch her off to be a guest ref somewhere else. At any rate, Storm chops away on Rhyno and scores a suplex, switching to working the leg. Storm pounds the leg with punches and applies a half-crab, but Rhyno makes the ropes and Molly actively pulls Storm off of Rhyno. Rhyno grabs Storm and powerslams him for two. Rhyno grabs a bearhug, but Storm falls into the ropes, and again Molly physically causes a break. Feisty, ain't she? Rhyno threatens Molly (who cowers in order to avoid showing how short the two of them are), allowing Storm to roll Rhyno up for two. Storm tries the Sharpshooter, but Rhyno kicks Storm off. Storm charges straight into a GOAR GOAR GOAR from Rhyno to end it at 4:07. Interesting concept, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. *1/4

- Backstage, Valerie is mad that she has no control over Mike Awesome's opponent at Halloween Havoc and threatens to remove him from all voting consideration. She actually gets off the Valley Girl Line of the Night: "I'll be in my Ferrari. Don't ruin my makeup while I'm there." I keep waiting for her to slap someone and get pissed about breaking a nail, but maybe some other time.

- Intercontinental Title: Chris Nowinski v. Sting. Nowinski runs into a shouldertackle to start, and a criss-cross leads to a DDT and slam. Nowinski bails and discusses with Theodore Long, allowing Sting to ram heads together. Back in, Sting punches away and gets a belly-to-belly suplex for two. Sting tries the Stinger Splash, but Nowinski charges and headbutts Sting's gut to take over. Cactus DDT gets two, and he works the back with knees and a camel clutch. Sting makes the ropes, but gets beaten up and staggers into a belly-to-belly for two. Half-nelson facebuster gets two. Backbreaker gets two. Nowinski misses a Stinger Splash (including mock howling) and Sting begins the comeback with a German suplex for two. Lariat gets two. Sting goes up top, but Nowinski meets him and a superplex follows to cut off the rally for two. Sting reverses a powerslam try to a rollup for two. Stinger Splash follows, but Theodore Long hooks Sting's foot. Sting smacks Long, but walks into the Running Powerslam for the pin at 7:59. Rather slow. 3/4*

- And now, some scary stuff...

Molly, still dressed in her referee's outfit, is packing her belongings and heads to the door. We see her open it, then take a few steps backwards. The camera spins around to show who's waiting for her...

Molly: "Kane... what are you doing here?"

Kane: "I'm here to tell you I'm not through with you."

Molly: "Not... through... but... we're done. We've had our match. You won it."

Kane: "You think you can be rid of me that easily? Don't you get that winning and losing is not the issue here? Molly, I promised you that I would show you true pain. I still have a promise to keep. You will hurt as I hurt. You will be scarred by it as I am scarred by my..."

Molly: "Wait! Kane... please... you're not scarred. You're fine. You look great. Why can't you accept that? Here, let me show you..."

She digs into her bag and pulls out a hand mirror. She places it in Kane's hand.

Molly: "Now, look into it. Look at yourself. See yourself as we see you. Kane, your actions may not always be right, but understand that if you change, people will accept you. All your life, it's been about... being different. I know; I've been there. But Kane... you are not doomed. You are not stuck. And you're not ugly. Stop trying to make others look like you. You already look like them."

Kane stares at the mirror as the camera changes to an over-the-shoulder shot of Kane. While Molly speaks, we see Kane's reflection in the mirror. It dissolves into a view of Kane the night he removed his mask -- hair everywhere, burn marks on his face, an eye clouded over -- then back to the true reflection. As Molly stops speaking, Kane holds the mirror in his hand and stares at Molly.

Kane: "It was here I lost my shield from the world. It is here I will no longer be alone in needing one."

Kane winds up his right hand as we quickly cut to JR and Page watching on a monitor. We hear glass shatter as both men cringe in surprise and fear. We cut back to see Kane standing tall, the mirror's broken shell in his hand. He bends over, but we never see Molly (whom, presumably, he's talking to).

Kane: "No one dares to mock your pain, yet you mock mine! Soon I will show you that my pain -- my suffering -- my scars -- are not to be laughed at or dismissed! I am a monster, unleashed by the world and feuled by people like you who cannot accept me! Now" He begins swinging the mirror's handle at the ground as we hear Molly 'sell' getting hit by it. "FEEL - MY - PAIN! KNOW - MY - PAIN!"

A host of officials pull Kane away from Molly at this point. Earl Hebner turns to the cameraman and yells, "Put that down; she needs help!" The camera is set on the ground, and as it is, we see Molly's face with a giant gash open over her left eyebrow. She is crying.

- Okay, that was mildly uncomfortable. Let's just move on.

- Evolution v. Booker T, Scott Hall, and Chris Harris. Let's see, a black man, a drunk guy, David Flair, and Kane beating up Molly... is this wrestling or an after-school special on domestic violence? Hall and Batista start, and Hall gets a headlock and wristlock, then slaps Batista's head. Booker comes in with a leg lariat and tiptoe kneedrop for two before Shane breaks and everyone goes nuts. We calm down with David and Harris in the ring, and Harris gets a lariat and kneedrop for two. Booker returns with a slam, and Hall gets his second-rope bulldog for two. Batista turns Hall inside-out, though, and David tags out. Batista with a MAIN EVENT SPINEBUSTER as Hall is YOUR reformed-drunk-in-peril. Shane hits a superkick for two. David clips the leg and adds an axhandle to the back, then works the leg. Hall makes the ropes, so Batista enters with a powerslam. Shane and David get double elbows, and Shane goes up top but misses the Picture Perfect Elbow. Hot tag Harris, who spears down everyone in Evolution. Sharpshooter on David, Shane saves and it's BONZO GONZO. Axe kick and Spinaroonie, but Batista clobbers Booker and tries the Demon Bomb. Hall grabs Batista from behind and Edges him, so David hits him with a leaping DDT, but he's told to leave as Harris gets the Catatonic on Shane for the pin at 10:06. Nice fun little six-man there. **1/4

- Yay, a bikini contest. Long story short, the Divas come out dressed as Lady Liberty swimsuit models (Lucille gets in a cute throwaway remark about how the Statue of Liberty is really French -- I mean, it IS, but she still gets booed), and Trish wins. She tells the crowd she's gonna let them see "what Hunter sees", but sadly no boobage is shown. The announcers wonder what's with Trish's behavior. I wonder why no one mentioned the irony of Trish, the CANADIAN, winning a contest to dress like an American icon.

- Chris Benoit and Eric Bischoff v. Chris Jericho and Nick Mondo. Clearly, this was set up by RNN, and a pre-match vignette establishes that the Board of Governors is making Bischoff take Orton's place, seeing as how Orton is in the main event. Benoit is double-teamed off the bat, as Jericho and Mondo get a double-hiptoss and a pair of dropkicks. Jericho gets two before working the arm. Hiptoss by Jericho, but Benoit rolls through and nails a lariat. Mondo comes off the top with a crossbody to shut Benoit up. Mondo gets a tilt-a-whirl, and Jericho dropkicks Benoit into the ropes, where Mondo hits the Sledgehammer Legdrop. Jericho with a back suplex and ARROGANT COVER~! for two. Mondo in, and Benoit nails a chop DEAD-ON on a charging Mondo to make him face-in-peril. Benoit gets a hammerlock slam and judo throw. Bischoff in, and he kicks Mondo's shoulder. Repeatedly. Can you tell he and Ernest Miller worked together with that kind of moveset? Benoit tags back in (most likely out of disgust that he's working with THIS loser as a tag partner) and hits the Rolling Germans into a double chickenwing. Jericho clips to save. Benoit gets a jumping armbreaker and Fujiwara armbar, and at this point I'm not sure if Mondo's actually selling or really in pain. Mondo bites his own knuckles to keep from tapping (nice touch) before hooking the ropes with his legs. Benoit tags in Bischoff and presses Bischoff onto Mondo's shoulder. Bischoff gets two. Bischoff steals a page from RVD's book with an arm wrench and kicks to the shoulder. Benoit tackles down Mondo and drives knees into the arm before going up to headbutt the shoulder. He misses, hot tag Jericho. House of Fire segment ends with Jericho hitting the springboard dropkick on Benoit and sending him to the outside, then catching Bischoff in a suplex and Lionsault. He tags Mondo in and nails a pescado on Benoit, and Mondo gets the M.Bison attack on Bischoff for the pin at 8:45. ** Benoit slaps on the Crippler Crossface post-match and EMTs make sure Mondo's comeback isn't a short one.

- Shawn Michaels begs for votes.

- Christian demands Kane at Halloween Havoc and implores the fans to make it happen. I don't know if "Christian as defender of Molly" is such a hot idea -- Molly probably doesn't want it.

- Main event: Randy Orton v. Shawn Michaels. HBK dives onto Orton to start the match and pummels him on the outside, then tosses him in and nails a flying forearm. Orton reverses a whip and sends HBK out with a clothesline, but HBK skins the cat and rolls Orton up for two. Orton bails, hoping to gain some time, but HBK has none of that and follows him outside. He gets a crossbody off the railing, then back in, a second one gets two. HBK warms up the bank, but Orton is ready and ducks it, then kidney punches HBK to take over. Orton back suplexes HBK, and we HIT THE CHINLOCK as we go to commercial. We come back with HBK fighting out and getting a suplex for two. Orton reverses a whip, and HBK takes the chest-first bump (sacrilege) and gets rolled up for two. Play of the Day gets two. Orton goes to the dragon screw, then a kneedrop to the back as he can't seem to make up his mind. Half-crab (PICK ONE!) and HBK makes the ropes. Finally Orton decides to stick with the leg, getting a shinbreaker and putting on Stretch Muffler. HBK guillotines Orton's throat, but his charge results in a free trip over the top rope. On the outside, Orton drops HBK on the steps before throwing him back in and wrapping his leg around the post. RINGPOST FIGURE-FOUR BABEE! And Orton brings back the situps before releasing the hold. In the ring, Orton slaps on the Sharpshooter, but HBK makes the ropes and uses them to reverse the hold! Orton powers out, but HBK gets a flying forearm and kips up (before staggering on his leg). Release German suplex and HBK goes up with the big elbow for two. He signals for the superkick, but Orton gets one at the same time for a double KO as we go to another commercial. We come back with Orton up first and trying for a figure-four, but HBK cradles him for two. Orton gets an Oklahoma roll for two. Complete Shot gets two. Back to the leg, as he slaps on the Indian Deathlock. HBK makes the ropes, but Orton hangs on and pulls HBK back. Anklelock time, but HBK gets to his other foot and nails an enzuigiri. Orton is up first, and he waits for HBK to get up. RKO try is blocked, and HBK gets a reverse suplex and rolls over for two. Orton tries a kneelift, but HBK's leg gives out and Orton airballs it. Superkick is blocked, and Orton gets a German suplex, but both sets of shoulders are down for two. We know this because Nick Patrick uses both hands to count. Brilliant. Orton whips HBK in, but it's reversed in the corner. HBK charges and does the Holy Sh*t Bump (beta version 3.0) to the outside. Back in, it gets two for Orton. HBK changes another corner whip and vaults to the top, but his missile dropkick catches Patrick. Superkick connects, but nothing comes of it. Rhyno appears out of nowhere and hits the GOAR GOAR GOAR on HBK, and Orton rolls on top as the ref groggily counts three at 24:05. Okay, who is this guy and what have they done with the real Randy Orton? ***3/4 Bischoff appears (and pays off Rhyno -- where's he getting all this money from?), but Jericho doesn't like that and makes the save. Bischoff is sent through the announcers' table by Jericho with a quebrada to end the show.

The Bottom Line:

Way too much focus on Bischoff this week, considering he's not GM right now, but otherwise, this was good stuff. Whoever's teaching Randy Orton how to wrestle should get double salary pronto, as that's first Sting, then Michaels he's had beautiful matches with. Benoit's reign of terror continues, as he bitched out Mondo before allowing him to win, and Trish Stratus reigns as beauty queen.

So basically, Canadians rule.

Sorry, but I'm not into this show... no rant for it. Instead, let's go to WWE.com.

A BACKUP PLAN

October 7, 2004

Matt Hardy won on his own at No Mercy, but it took help on SmackDown!

On a night where one title was left in chaos, another nearly changed hands right back. After some confusion, Eddie Guerrero got his rematch with Matt Hardy and nearly got the belt back after a mere four days. However, an unlikely source bailed out Version 2.0 and kept the title in his hands.

Eddie Guerrero was up on the top rope, ready to seal the deal with the Frog Splash onto a prone Hardy. Never mind the ref being knocked out -- Matt wasn't getting up. However, Doug Basham appeared out of nowhere and crotched Eddie on the top rope! One superplex later, and it was Eddie not getting up. Matt rolled on top and retained the WWE Championship -- using up Latino Heat's title shot in the process!

It wasn't clear at the beginning whether it would even be Eddie and Matt tonight. The Undertaker demanded a title shot as well, rightly claiming the bizarre circumstances in the #1 Contender's tournament Matt won left him in position to challenge. But the Deadman had a side issue keeping him busy.

Billy Kidman appeared -- still holding on to a subdued Torrie Wilson -- and told the world that days of trying had made no progress. He then issued an ultimatum to Taker: give him his wife back -- as she was -- or never be able to enjoy a fair fight again. Taker's reply was wordless and painful: a chokeslam and Tombstone on the stage! Undertaker walked off with Torrie -- conceding the first shot to Eddie.

The attack on Kidman had farther-reaching implications than just Torrie's future. Earlier in the show, General Manager Rowdy Roddy Piper revealed that Hulk Hogan's contract as a member of the Board of Governors prohibited him from wrestling on anything but Pay-Per-Views -- and with the next show, Survivor Series, a full six weeks away, it meant he couldn't defend the WWE Tag Team Titles. A reluctant Edge returned the belts, and both the former champs -- Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar -- and the #1 Contenders -- Rob Van Dam and Hurricane -- made their case to be named the new champions.

However, Piper shocked both teams, Edge, and the whole of SmackDown! by announcing he was prepared for this! He created a tournament to determine the new WWE Tag Team Champions that would take place over the next few weeks, with the finals to be held at Survivor Series! As a concession to both teams breathing down his neck, though, he stated they would be given first-round byes. The entire tournament -- determined by random draw outside of the two seeded foes -- can be found here.

Kidman's condition left him unable to participate in the Tag Team tournament, leaving his partner Rey Misterio all alone! While Rey Rey did his best, and at times seemed to have the match won, in the end he fell victim to the numbers. Los Maximos scored the pinfall and advanced -- although their reward in the next round is hardly one they're looking for: a motivated Rob Van Dam and Hurricane team that dominated Tag Team Turmoil at No Mercy!

Kidman, though, was able to recover enough to try to get even with the Man from the Darkside. Irate that not only was he not medically cleared to regain the Tag Team titles but that his wife was still under the Taker's influence, he came armed with a chair to get revenge. However, a strange thing happened -- Torrie herself stepped in the way, offering herself as a human shield for the Deadman! Kidman walked away, confused, angered, and dejected, while Taker would only smile.

Other first-round matches were almost as clear-cut as the wheat and chaff continue to be separated. Tajiri and Scott Colt -- re-teaming despite their difficulties in Tag Team Turmoil -- had no trouble polishing off Jamie Noble and Billy Gunn, with Nidia's attempts at interference countered by Paul Heyman. Meanwhile, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin -- still calling themselves the World's Greatest Tag Team -- dispatched of 3 Live Kru's entry of Ron Killings and the Road Dogg.

The news wasn't all good for the Dangerous Alliance 2K4, though. Ultimo Dragon -- who some think was robbed of a shot at being a double champion -- now doesn't even have one belt! He found himself on the losing end against Matt Hardy's closest disciple, Shannon Moore, and has Nathan Jones to thank for that! The tough Aussie's boot to the head as Shannon Ward -- hmmm, Shannon Ward, Shannon Moore... -- was enough to stun the Dragon long enough for the MFer to steal the title. Heyman was not pleased; he vowed to take the US title from around Jones's waist, saying it has gone from professional pride to personal pain.

RESULTS:

Shannon Moore defeated Ultimo Dragon to become the WWE Cruiserweight Champion

World's Greatest Tag Team defeated 3 Live Kru in the tournament

Tajiri and Scott Colt defeated Jamie Noble and Billy Gunn in the tournament

Joey Numbahs defeated Scott Rizzono

Los Maximos defeated Rey Misterio (and, in theory, Billy Kidman) in the tournament

WWE Heavyweight Champion Matt Hardy Version 2 defeated Eddie Guerrero

October 11, 2004

WWE.com

Cheerio, lads! It's off to Manchester, England, for British Invasion Week, which begins with a special edition of RAW! Set your VCRs if you have to -- we're coming LIVE at 4 / 3 Central on SpikeTV!

The Board of Governors has decided that one of Eric Bischoff's creations will be the centerpiece of a decidedly international RAW. The RAW Roulette Wheel will be making its return! Gambling is legal in England, so why not celebrate it?

What does this mean for the participants? No one knows! Anyone could find themselves in any match whatsoever! Anything is possible, and anyone could be a star! You could see any title change hands, and anyone against anybody in any bizarre sort of match! This show could be ugly!

Get ready for this display -- which promises to be memorable -- at its special time of 4 / 3 Central on SpikeTV! We're in for a jolly good time!

Edited by Dukes