Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the end cutscene:

http://youtu.be/swkMijETQJA?t=46m

It's being narrated over but he pretty much explains what's going on.

I really liked Realm Reborn, it was the group of 'veteran' MMO players you encounter about a third of the time that ruined it for me. Plus the fact that there's no way around some missions you have to undertake with other players. As a result I never paid anything beyond the initial subscription.

Out of interest, did they patch in any new/repeatable side missions and fix the economy? They were the big issues when I dropped out.

I've been playing since the steam release, managed to find a bunch of friendly players in a guild which caters to Newbies and veterans alike. Seems quite standard mmo style, but the story is decent and the game world is beautiful.

It's got plenty final fantasy in it to make it more interesting than a Warcraft clone and has 100% less Japan bullshit (you'll know what I mean if you've played) than in XI. Which for the record I do actually still play, but that's just because it's a way for me and some good friends to stay in touch.

LR is kind of okayish if you use the guide. Playing blind just doesn't work for me first time.

Contemplated trying ARR, but I just can't justify paying £30-£40 for the game and then having to keep on paying £10-£15 per month for access to a game I should really already own, just so I can be killed by a bunch of people way stronger than me.

Finally started playing LR again after a week off....followed a guide to find all of Yuel's flowers so I could heal the chocobo and continue to the story.

I found Sazh! I have to go on a fetch quest to save his dang kid

<_<

Also, just about to fight Caius

Edit:

Caius is hard. Like....really hard. Am I even an appropriate level to be fighting him? Should I go to the desert first? Should I save Sahz?

Apparently this asshole is one of the hardest bosses in the game. So, fuck this guy. I am gonna do some other stuff and then come kick his ass.

Also, I am on Day 6, 5 days until the end (so...at 11 of 13 days, woo).

Sahz spoiler...

Got two pieces of the soul....one they give it to you, and one where you have to fight in the arena. Went to get the one from the seed buyer, but I have to go all the way to the moogle village and get an item? This quest was already a huge fetch quest, why make it longer!?

I just want to beat the boss I am stuck on :(

Wildlands spoiler:

A steed that Lightning feels a bond with, who is called "The Angel of Valhalla" and who has a Zantetsuken tattoo on it. Oh I wonder who this mysterious white chocobo could possibly be

:shifty:

The Chocobo has a tattoo? I have not noticed. And didn't realize the Chocobo might be somebody.

She mentions it during the quest, feeling a bond with the bird just after you feed it the first time, mentioning that it felt like they'd fought together before. Tattoo is pretty visible, right above one of it's eyes.

Oh goddammit....

Is it going to be Fang? It's going to be Fang, isn't it?

Talking to interviewers in preparation for the release of Rise of Mana, Kitase was bombarded with questions unrelated to the game. These questions mostly revolved around a possible remake of Final Fantasy VII.

“Look, I would love for Square to work on a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but that is no longer an option,” reminisced Kitase, “To be honest, I can not picture an outcome where a remake of Final Fantasy VII will be better than the original as long as Square Enix is behind it. Have you played Lightning Returns? Even I thought that game would not receive good reviews and I produced it.”

Reporters were shocked that Kitase would be so blasé about disparaging the company that he worked for. Others were not so surprised.

“I pretty much have immunity,” remarked Kitase, “They can not fire the man who directed Final Fantasy VII. That is like firing Miyamoto from Nintendo. The last thing Square Enix needs is headlines about firing the guy who helped direct Chrono Trigger. People still remember that as a good game. Will people remember Rise of Mana as a good game? The answer is no in case you were wondering.”

He then elaborated on his thoughts about a potential Final Fantasy VII remake and who he would want to work on this treasured title.

“Anybody but Square Enix would be fine,” said Kitase, “Even bad developers would be acceptable because they would have respect for the franchise and rise to the occasion. Look around you. I am supposed to be promoting Rise of Mana right now. This is a free-to-play game on smartphone platforms that is supposed to be another landmark title in a franchise that is now even further ruined. However, I can not leave this company. Ito-san still needs a friend.”

Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda has said that this is some of the most positive attention Square Enix has received in the last few days.

:P

• Like 5

Talking to interviewers in preparation for the release of Rise of Mana, Kitase was bombarded with questions unrelated to the game. These questions mostly revolved around a possible remake of Final Fantasy VII.

“Look, I would love for Square to work on a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but that is no longer an option,” reminisced Kitase, “To be honest, I can not picture an outcome where a remake of Final Fantasy VII will be better than the original as long as Square Enix is behind it. Have you played Lightning Returns? Even I thought that game would not receive good reviews and I produced it.”

Reporters were shocked that Kitase would be so blasé about disparaging the company that he worked for. Others were not so surprised.

“I pretty much have immunity,” remarked Kitase, “They can not fire the man who directed Final Fantasy VII. That is like firing Miyamoto from Nintendo. The last thing Square Enix needs is headlines about firing the guy who helped direct Chrono Trigger. People still remember that as a good game. Will people remember Rise of Mana as a good game? The answer is no in case you were wondering.”

He then elaborated on his thoughts about a potential Final Fantasy VII remake and who he would want to work on this treasured title.

“Anybody but Square Enix would be fine,” said Kitase, “Even bad developers would be acceptable because they would have respect for the franchise and rise to the occasion. Look around you. I am supposed to be promoting Rise of Mana right now. This is a free-to-play game on smartphone platforms that is supposed to be another landmark title in a franchise that is now even further ruined. However, I can not leave this company. Ito-san still needs a friend.”

Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda has said that this is some of the most positive attention Square Enix has received in the last few days.

:P

Just in case someone's naive enough to think this is real (since Ticklez didn't cite a source, and far too many people fell for it on Reddit even with the source) - it's satire.

Also, I have to admit... I'm kind of now enjoying Lightning Returns. Using the guide made things a lot better, and realising the Chronostasis can basically eternally stop the clock so long as you fight battles to bump your EP gauge up, the clock is no longer any kind of issue except for being blocked off from certain areas at certain times. The game is like the first one - it throws you in at the deep end when it's not a game that should be doing that by any stretch, but once you learn the tricks, it becomes a lot less panic reactions, and a lot more "I can do what I want".

Also, Ruki, did you figure out who Angel of Valhalla is yet?