No messing around, show us the ONE ultimate CD cover

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

20.jpg

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time

The subtle little hints to their other songs and albums all over the place, the general futuristic feel within a familiar setting which tells you what you're getting in the album, and really I love the fact that there's so much going on in it (and also continued on the back cover, ie the left half of the image) without it feeling cluttered is awesome. I might also be biased.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ToxicReasons-Independence-front.jpg

I just like the design quite a bit here. The animated cowboy imagery goes well with an album titled "Independence" and the unification of the America, Canadian, and British flag is a nice touch. The text also goes well with the old western motif of the album cover, as do the skulls in the sand beneath the horses hooves.

lovegun.jpg

My favorite band, yes, but the album cover is just great I think. It's Japanese design is good, and not to mention if you look closely, this is when Gene Simmons invented the now massively popular metal sign. Well, he says he invented it. Dio says he invented it... But, my bias says Gene did!

Metallica_-_Metallica.jpg

Metallica - The Black Album. If you needed to be told.

Also, while I can see the nods to Powerslave, Aces High and Two Minutes to Midnight (the pyramids, the building on the far left with the "Aces High Bar" neon sign and the digital clock reading "23:58"), I was told that there's supposed to be some reference to the Trooper and Number of the Beast in there as well which I can't see. Anyone else spot them? Also also, West Ham 7 - 3 Arsenal? lolololol, i luv u maydens but u so crazee

Edited by De

this is when Gene Simmons invented the now massively popular metal sign. Well, he says he invented it. Dio says he invented it... But, my bias says Gene did!

Dio's grandmother used the gesture to "block the evil eye," so it should always be credited to Granny James Dio!

And Be wins.

Metallica_-_Metallica.jpg

Metallica - The Black Album. If you needed to be told.

Also, while I can see the nods to Powerslave, Aces High and Two Minutes to Midnight (the pyramids, the building on the far left with the "Aces High Bar" neon sign and the digital clock reading "23:58"), I was told that there's supposed to be some reference to the Trooper and Number of the Beast in there as well which I can't see. Anyone else spot them? Also also, West Ham 7 - 3 Arsenal? lolololol, i luv u maydens but u so crazee