The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I completed Metal Gear Solid 4 last night. Epic. Epic. Epic.

I was holding off on finishing it the last few days waiting for my new new TV for Xmas. I didn't really fancy completing the game on my crappy 14" that gives you a blurred line of writing instead of telling you which ammo you've picked up when a brand new shiny 22" HD one was just around the corner. <_<

That fist fight is the pinnacle of epic. Epicus Indeedus. Though that guy in the epilouge really just would not shut the fuck up.

Tried playing MGO today too, but was welcomed by a download update message. Hour later, it finally finishes, and 7 mins later I still needed 6 more people to join the game. Eventually got one going though... it's not that good IMO. That and I suck. :(

Ugh. Why is it every time I need to "download update data" for a game, it never fucking wants to work? It'll get to somewhere between 4 and 11% and then just freeze... about 38 times... before it'll actually fucking download the data so I can play the game. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm really getting sick of it and it's been doing this shit ever since I got the damn thing. It's not my internet connection because I NEVER have this problem with my 360 or my laptop. And goddammit... I just want to play Resistance 2!!!

Thanks to kind Christmas gift givers I now have Midnight Club LA and NBA 2K9 along with my recent LBP purchase. In case anyone fancies playing either of those online.

2K9 is boss, but I'm struggling to not get arrested every time I go cruising in Midnight Club. I'm on like -$800 due to fines.

Got Burnout Paradise in the sales for £15. Still have to pick up Oblivion and Assassin's Creed at some point methinks.

I'm really looking forward to LOTR Conquest though. The PC strategy games like BFME are more my style but still reckon it's gonna rock.

Anything else coming out in the not so distant future that I should be looking forward to?