The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

In Japan right now the 80gig is 35,000 yen, the 20gig is 45,000 yen (retro appeal?) and the 60gig is 55,000 yen.

Before the yen got really strong and the pound got really cheap that would have meant that the 80gig brand new would cost about 165 quid or so.

Also big disasters! My carefully looked after PSP was sitting on the arm of the couch all happy like as I climbed up to pull open a cupboard to get new bedsheets out. The lousy slidey cupboard door fell out of it's runners and crashed down, corner first into my beautiful PSP. Ugh. My heart sank cos although I didn't se impact I could guess what happened.

I jump down and first glance it's scuffed but then I switch it on and the screen is cracked and it's all black. Useless. AGGGHHHHHHHRHHHHHHHHHH.

Still that means I'm off to buy a 3000 series next week for 19,000 yen (about 90 quid in pre-pound uselessness money). Black, white or a dark metally silver. Probably go for black cos it's classic. No doubt they'll bring out all the 1000 series colours soon though that I see around - pinks, blues, greens, bronze, turquoise....REALLY miss it on my commutes though. Even if I'm not gaming I'm watching movies on it, TV series or listening to music. Gah. Everyone plays DS and PSP on subways here though, even serious looking businessmen. Saw some good classic GBA playing the other day as well.

Buck the trend, take a 32" inch screen, your PS3, MGS4 and one big ass generator on the train/bus next time. They will be impressed. If not by the actual rig, but by the sheer determination.

You're not trying hard enough! Don't they have a SpeedyHire in Japan? <_<

I'm well pleased I discovered a way that I can watch DVD's through HDMI rather than going through the painstaking trouble of switching to component all the time. Apparently DVD's can't be upscaled to 1080i which is what my TV and PS3 are generally running at. So I just have to deselect the 1080i option in the display settings since they CAN be upscaled to 720. Hurrah. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was having this problem. Think it may just be for certain types of television.

I hated Ninja Gaiden but I know plenty of people who love it so we'll just say that it's not my personal idea of fun.

Also AJ I :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: you.

I thought that my Japanese TV was the problem but it's just the settings! I can watch DVDs in my PS3 again! Whooooooooo!

Each level takes place in a different flower's dream as it sits on the windowsill of a dull city apartment. As the player progresses through the game, the apartment and city gradually becomes more vibrant and colourful. The player guides a petal through brightly coloured, abstract fields by tilting the motion-sensitive controller, pressing any button on the controller gives a speed boost. The aim is to guide the petal into other flowers in the field, triggering an explosion of colour that spreads through the game world.

American PS3 owners who fancy getting their hands on the Killzone 2 demo will get an opportunity to try it out tonight, when the Helghast invasion of Home begins. If you're not into pre-ordering or setting up a European PSN account, you'll want to be wandering around Home from 9pm EST onwards. At that time, the Helghast soldiers will appear, brandishing demo codes for all who request them. Use the code to redeem the demo from the PlayStation Store.