The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So I got all my save data off and started to do a System Restore. When it started I get a blue screen with "Default Settings Corrupted. Press X to Continue" and it gave me a black screen. And the instructions online says the controller and power button won't be active but they are active right now and I can't risk turning off the PS3.

EDIT: So all I had to do with do a Hard Reset and then it asked me if I wanted to format. I did, took ten seconds and now it's fixed.

Edited by Clawson

Trophy tracking coming soon to Playstation.com.

Do you know the exact number of Trophies you have ... off the top of your head? We know how tedious it is loading up your PS3 every time you want to remind yourself of your in-game accomplishments. Thankfully, this is now a thing of the past. Once PlayStation.com updates with its new Trophy tracking features, you'll be able to check your PSN level, Trophy count and lists for each individual game from anywhere with internet access.

The update is due to go live tomorrow. The functionality will be very basic at launch, allowing you to simply check your own Trophy stats. After a later update, you'll be able to compare your Trophies against friends' and "look at your Trophies in new and interesting ways." We're hoping the info will be made available for third-party applications and websites to access at some point in the future, too.

In the meantime, check out our gallery below to see what your Trophies will look like on PlayStation.com and visit the PlayStation Blog for a video walkthrough of the new site features.

Link to original article with screenshots of proposed website

Looks fairly similar to the site I use at the moment (ps3trophies.co.uk) but obviously auto-updating. I'm pleased about this news, I just wish they'd make trophies worthwhile rewards like the X-box achievements.

What makes achievements worthwhile? You can't do anything with either trophies or achievements as far as I know.

I actually thought you got MS points via achievements and were able to spend them on stuff. Admittedly, I should've researched before making that comment. I just thought the achievement system was more rewarding. Shows how much I know <_<

What may have confused you is that Xbox achievements have points, rather than the whole bronze, silver, gold, etc. Therefore, your Xbox user has a gamerscore, which is the sum total of all of his achievements, I believe. PS3 does have a star rating system, but yeah, it sucks.

Not sure if this deserved a new thread, but..

I've never had any online issues with any other games. I've played Madden, NBA 2k9, NCAA Football, etc. and have never had issues connecting online.

For some reason, I cannot play MLB 08 or 09 online. I can connect to the servers to download rosters and connect to games, but as soon as the loading screens finish the game runs smoothly for about 5 seconds then i get the "Traffic Delay" message and I get disconnected every time.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I just find it odd that I can play any other game online but The Show.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/06/infamous...emo-on-the-way/

You're currently looking at the box art for Sucker Punch's upcoming PS3 exclusive, inFamous. The cover, along with the release date (well -- month, at least), was revealed on the PlayStation Blog today. You'll be stepping into the electrified shoes of Cole McGrath at some point in June. We're not sure inFamous will be as successful as last June's major PS3 exclusive, but players will be able to try this one out before they buy, as a demo has already been confirmed.

The game's soundtrack has also been detailed recently on Music 4 Games. It will be a collaborative effort between Amon Tobin, Jim Dooley, Mel Wesson, Martin Tilman who, between them, have worked on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Pushing Daisies, Pirates of the Caribbean and Black Hawk Down. In order to produce a more urban, gritty sound, the composers will be creating music from "real-life objects and materials found in urban environments." We're looking forward to seeing (and hearing) more as the release nears.

Amon Tobin working on the soundtrack? That's pretty awesome.

I had someone ask me for Batman Arkham Asylum and inFamous on Thursday, and they got really annoyed when I told them they weren't even finished yet, let alone out. They were insistent that we did have them in and I was just being a lazy fuck and trying to kick them out of the shop because it was close to closing (admittedly, that does sound like something I'd do >_>).

Hahahaha we'd always try and get people out the shop before we were closing. We'd then shut the door a couple of minutes before if we could and then tell people that the till had already been zeroed from head office if they complained that we'd closed a minute early...They should have come earlier than one minute before closing.

People arguing that a game is out when it's not happened a few times to me too. They moan that you're CHOOSING not to go and get the game for them. Stupid.

I had someone ask me for Batman Arkham Asylum and inFamous on Thursday, and they got really annoyed when I told them they weren't even finished yet, let alone out. They were insistent that we did have them in and I was just being a lazy fuck and trying to kick them out of the shop because it was close to closing (admittedly, that does sound like something I'd do >_>).

While you're in the back, could you get me a copy of GTA 5? The guy told me you had it in when I rang.....

Uncharted, Killzone 2, Disgaea 3 (if you like the other Disgaea games, or tactical RPGs). Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna be PS3 exclusive (can't remember when it releases). God of War III will be a PS3 exclusive, might be worth checking into when it releases. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is supposed to be good if you like racing games.

inFamous releases in May and looks pretty promising. LittleBigPlanet. Metal Gear Solid 4.

EDIT: Oh, if you like baseball games and the MLB: The Show series, MLB: The Show '09.

Edited by KC 'Cloudy' Day

While you're in the back, could you get me a copy of GTA 5? The guy told me you had it in when I rang.....

Oh god, the confusion The Lost and Damned has caused. It's bad enough that the people around here are too thick to understand roman numerals ("Yo, blood, gimme that Grand Theft Auto Eye Vee!" "Sorry, we aren't trained to perform medical procedures here" *staff snicker* "....Eh, whassat geez?" *grumbles, does the whole explaining what roman numerals are schtick again*), they also can't figure out that there's no physical release (I've been yelled at several times for "refusing" to sell it), and that it isn't, and never will be out for PS3. They even flat out lie, I've been told that "my mate's got it on his PS3, so don't give me none of that exclusive bullshit" more than once. And yet they're the ones surprised that they don't have jobs (and I know they don't have jobs because they keep trying to use JSA paperwork as ID, fucking idiots).

Oh god, the confusion The Lost and Damned has caused. It's bad enough that the people around here are too thick to understand roman numerals ("Yo, blood, gimme that Grand Theft Auto Eye Vee!" "Sorry, we aren't trained to perform medical procedures here" *staff snicker* "....Eh, whassat geez?" *grumbles, does the whole explaining what roman numerals are schtick again*), they also can't figure out that there's no physical release (I've been yelled at several times for "refusing" to sell it), and that it isn't, and never will be out for PS3. They even flat out lie, I've been told that "my mate's got it on his PS3, so don't give me none of that exclusive bullshit" more than once. And yet they're the ones surprised that they don't have jobs (and I know they don't have jobs because they keep trying to use JSA paperwork as ID, fucking idiots).

But the guy on the phone said you've got it. The new GTA 5. So get it or I want to see the manager....