The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Yeah my brother and I got it. I've only played the tutorial but he's hammered it cause he's a bit of a trophy-whore. It seems alright but I definitely wouldn't have paid for it.

To answer the earlier question, I have my main UK PSN account and a US one for things like earlier demos and free junk like this. Don't bother with a Japanese account since... I can't read Japanese.

So, Hammy, are you buying the PSP GO! ? :shifty:

I shall not be purchasing the PSP Go. I am perfectly happy with my PSP 3000 and happily make use of it for games, music, movies, linking to my TV, linking to my PS3, 1Seg TV, Skype and general boredom killing on my commutes.

Plus I imagine you're one of those thoughtless souls who actually bought UMD games which wouldn't be much use for you if you got the GO.

I wonder how that's gonna work. Whether they'll just be 'New system, not our problem' or reimburse you in some way. I read something about sending in your games and getting a download code in return.

Yeah I heard about the code thing.

Perhaps the main problem with the Go is how ugly and ridiculous looking it is. I'm sure I can still download games for the PSP as I can now from the online store. I could buy a 16gig card if I wanted to and don't have a problem with the weight...So I've nothing to gain from getting it.

I think this is a wrong turn. I don't like all this evolution stuff that the DS and PSP are doing. Sony would be better to hold off on the big change until they sort out a huge hardware improvement and a proper "PSP 2" advance. By getting rid of UMD and making an ugly flip down control (how am I supposed to use shoulder buttons? Are they hidden underneath?) it's hardly advancing things greatly. Waste of money and a kneejerk reaction I think.

Did any of you get Rag Doll Kung-Fu? I heared it even was free on the US Store last week.

Yeah, it's alright. Like AJ said probably not something I'd have paid for, but I've messed around with it a little bit and it's pretty neat.

EDIT: From PS3 Joystiq:

To be honest, we never expected it to happen. We're so used to Japan getting awesome PS1 titles that never come to the US or Europe, we just assumed Final Fantasy VII would be one of them. The ESRB says otherwise, however, as it has rated the game for both the PSP and PS3, meaning that we could see it release at any time. Wouldn't that make make a great E3 week treat?

Whether this will be released in Europe is at the whim of Square Enix, though there is no listing for the game on the European ESRB equivilent, PEGI. Like Resident Evil: Director's Cut, this may be exclusive to America.

Edited by Cloudy Kingston

To answer the earlier question, I have my main UK PSN account and a US one for things like earlier demos and free junk like this. Don't bother with a Japanese account since... I can't read Japanese.

Yeah, i´ll prolly use my german acound to play with (from what i heared you can play everything you go with every acound) and have at least a US one to get stuff... becaus i heared the german one is pritty slim (it´s not alowed to have 18+ stuff eg, so no UFC or InFamous Demo would be in it i guss)

Oh yeah, my German acound, the one i will most likely be playing under is "mmatzat"... go ahead and ad me. Fifa 09 and LBP will be around for Multiplayer. Later on i might get MGS, GTA and UFC for further Multyplayer wackyness, and maybe somesmal stuff... heared that Bomberman is comming?! That would be awsome!

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

UFC is rated 15 over here.

In germany prittymuch everything that has blood and violence has a pritty harsh stand wen it comes to age ratings. Boxing might still get away becaus it´s higly accepted but wen it comes to stuff like UFC or "killer games" you are almost shure to get an 18+ rating... or even the next higher one with is basicly 18+ aswell but disalowes shops to sell the game by advertiseing it in anyform (this goes as far as not having the game over the counter, you have to ask to get it from the back room if you want to buy it... this makes these games incredebly expencive... for example, a used GTA4 would coast me 50€ here. I can get it new from the uk for almost half the price...

My System arived. Sony now can safely anounce a price drop later today. :shifty: (well, i still could send it back the next 14 days or something, but i asume that i will not)

It´s basicly a normal playstation 3 system, they just opend the Box and dumped the InFamous game in it (normal edition, not special, they just put a InFamous cardboard around it)... the consol issent even up to date yet, only 2.60 instead of 2.76, so the first thing i do is download stuff... i asume that will go on for a while since fifa will need several patches aswell.

And it´s a fucking space ship.

I am amased by how quiet the thing is. My PS2 sounds like a vacum cleaner. The PS3 i might actualy turn on after playing SNES without thinking that there is an airplane landing.

Oh yeah, the controler that came with the system is a bit different from the one i already own. The case is matt instead of "glossy".

My TV seems to suport 1080i, i guss since the console picked that it´s actualy better than HD ready 720p?

PSN looks nice but Blows... who needs big shiny images instead of a propper list?

Is it normal that the Screen turns black wen i try to install the second Fifa 09 patch (1.03)?

Gave inFamous a short try, looks great, but the controls seem of, i need an aiming trainer.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The PS3s wlan is as shitty as the one from my iMac... the MacBook is doing great but for the PS3 i need to unplug my lancable from the iMac to get propper and steadyfast conection. - Setting up an acound in the us store worked fine, just downloaded the UFC Demo.

And it´s a fucking space ship.

I am amased by how quiet the thing is. My PS2 sounds like a vacum cleaner.

I know, right? It's a console I wouldn't be afraid to leave on all night if I had to. I mean, I probably won't anyway, but with stuff like my old PS2 it sounded awful just after two hours or so of gaming. I love how quiet it is. Shit, with the old PS2 I had to worry about waking people up it got so loud sometimes.

Early PS3's are pretty loud though. My friend had his about June/July 2007 IIRC and it's pretty loud compared to mine which I got in November.