The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

There is a Move bundle coming out - to put the price scale here it's about 300 for the 120GB, 350 for the 250GB and it'll be 400 for the Move bundle. The guy at EB told me that closer to Christmas though, the bundles are going to be changing - so you'll at least get a game or so with whatever you're buying, he noted the possibility of a Call Of Duty bundle.

I had SotC pluged in not so long ago. It still looks amazing even if only a PS2 game, it even workes with 720p but i do not own the cables needed to view it... these games will be a dream to look at on a PS3. I guess The last Guardian will be released around that time aswell like the GOW colection was wen GOW3 (?) got released.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I'm taking Kane and Lynch 2 back tomorrow and getting a refund on it.

It's a good game, but so fucking annoying - my nephew and I are playing through the missions on co-op mode, but you can't save checkpoints whilst playing it this way, you need to play a whole chapter at a time. This wouldn't be a problem, except we're playing on the hardest difficulty, and every time we (finally) get near the end of a certain chapter, the game freezes on us meaning we have to put in another hour of gameplay to get to that place again.

Yeah, the third time this happened was the final fucking straw.

They've already brought a patch out, but it's unclear even on their forums what it fixed. I'll probably rent it again in future if the crashes get fixed and will finish it then.

...not to mention, I paid £40 on release day in Tesco and now the Limited Edition is only £25 up there. :/

I liked K&L 1 because the game was just flat out cool, the club scene and so on was awesome, but the actual gameplay sucked more balls than Fitzy. Is the sequel any better?

Also, getting back into Killzone 2 for the first time in ages. Still the best looking game I've ever played, I think.

Umm, the combat in the sequel is better, but what isn't evident until you play it is the "youtube" style visuals in terms of how the camera shakes/looks. It's meant to look pixelated and amateurish, almost as if there's someone following you around with a video camera in their hand. It takes a while to get used to it, but it's pretty cool - as I say, the gripe is with the crashing and the lack of being able to save/continue from checkpoints whilst in co-op.

There's an option to "continue" where you left off for single player, which is why it's so annoying that you can't do it with co-op too. :/

Alpha Protocol is really not the best or greatest game in the world at all. But god I really can't stop playing it. Change one small thing and the whole story changes with it. It's what I have wanted from an RPG for ages. It's a shame the game style of it sucks.

Edited by Sexy Lexy

Alpha Protocol is really not the best or greatest game in the world at all. But god I really can't stop playing it. Change one small thing and the whole story changes with it. It's what I have wanted from an RPG for ages. It's a shame the game style of it sucks.

I got the game, played it once, traded it back in.......the idea behind the game is AMAZING...the dialog was great....but the actual playing of the game? Shitty as fuck. I tried to be stealthy and....yeah, that failed horribly.

Umm, the combat in the sequel is better, but what isn't evident until you play it is the "youtube" style visuals in terms of how the camera shakes/looks. It's meant to look pixelated and amateurish, almost as if there's someone following you around with a video camera in their hand. It takes a while to get used to it, but it's pretty cool - as I

Ugh, that's all the way through? I thought it might have just been on the level that's on the demo, which is presumably the first level, y'know sort of like a flashback moment or something and they changed the visual style for that part only.

That's all the way through, yeah. But you do get used to it, and can enable 'steadycam' in the options so that it doesn't shake as much as Cloverfield.

Limited Edition is now 21 quid in Tesco. Says it all about the problems they're having. Hopefully they'll take mine back this morning.

What bugs did Heavy Rain have? mine worked fine.

Is the new Kane and Lynch worth it? or is it best staying away. I really want a new game. But Fallout is coming out and so I'm going to get it half trade and paid.

Yeah Roochi. Alpha Protocol and it's game play is shit as hell tbh. But the RPG side and story side so good. The graphics are also a let down. I hope that they do make a sequel but learn from this. TBH. Dragon Age is also one of my favorite RPG games but the game play to me is far worst than Alpha Protocol. And yeah I know I will be hated. But I found it was really. Like a let down from the makers of Mass Effect.

What bugs did Heavy Rain have? mine worked fine.

Some people disliked that textures poping up a few seconds late and i belive some consoles have the game crashing.

Im actually looking to getting a move to try it out on heavy rain. I really enjoyed the hell outta that game.

I´ll just wait... i got a bunch of PSN Titles + Heavy Rain and RE5 to use with move so i guess i will eventualy get it wen it gets discounted or comes bundelt with a interesting game... but there is no way i am paying a releasday fullprice on this.

I have played some of it yesterday at the CL game in Bremen (with playstation being a sponsor) and it felt a lot smother than Wii. I hope they get a good lineup of non casual games going... i think the RE4 Wii game worked great, maybe RE5 Move will follow. Maybe LBP2 will work great aswell in single player...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/gran-turismo-anywhere-brings-the-web-more-features-to-gt5/

This game could be 120€ on releas day and still would have enough contend to justifie the price.

ICO/Shaddow of the Colossus for PS3 wil arive in spring 2011 and will have a 3d option. The last guardian wil get it´s release 2011 around he hollydayseason.

TGS seems to be bringing the best gaming news this year. Finaly some more on the Studio Ghibli game. And it looks amazing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/ni-no-kuni-ps3-preview/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane