The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Sleeping Dogs better be coming for free to North America soon.

FFS...

Starting on Tuesday, January 29th, users will be able to download Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PlayStation Vita free of charge. Madden 13 on both PS3 and Vita will be 30% off. And the PSN games Gatling Gears, Section 8: Prejudice and Greed Corp will all be 50% off.

Wait...is Madden '13 on the PS3 getting the discount from $60 -> $45 or $40 -> $28? I could be coerced to getting Madden again for $28 as an impulse, hey-DMN-I-just-smacked-you-around-with-ATL kind of buy.

Edit: Just checked it out. Goes $42 -> $29. Will have to give that some thought.

No Sleeping Dogs for NA. :(

Yet. I think a precedent was set with RE5 Gold. We'll see it swing around here soon enough.

No Sleeping Dogs for NA. :(

Um, what? It's been released for NA. Unless you mean on the PSN store?

What would they cut?

In Germany there are "big" problems with violence in movies and Videogames even for Adult rated releases. (much a direct oposit of the problem America has with sexuality)

From what i gathered most of the cuts are made in environmental kills and torture. So you can´t hang people from meat hooks anymore or put their face into the buildings ventilation. It´s been like this forever in germany, the old WWF games had blood removed, GTA up to GTA 4 had it blood removed and people you killed did not drop money and they cut the rampage missions, games like Dead Rising would get no release at all, Resident Evil 5 got a full game mode cut i believe... usually you can help yourself by just importing (even on steam, if someone buys the key in england you - most of the time - get to download the uncut version), but that obviously dos not work with PS+ unless you subscribed in the UK from the get go.

This also is part of the reason i hate the one PSN account only lock they put on vita. I got three active PSN acounts, germany because it works nice and easy and each a US/UK one to get around censorship or buy good deals.

Sleeping Dogs was my #2 game last year. Amazing story, great gameplay, and just such an allround awesome game. I'm gonna get it with my Plus and hopefully finish off the Platinum on it :D