Gigs for 2008

Liam

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly endorse Portishead. I wasn't expecting much from them live, but they put on an absolutely incredible show, Beth's almost a torch singer when it comes to stuff like Glory Box now, her voice sounds phenomenal live.

Björk's quite high on my "to see" list at the moment, hopefully I'll get the chance this year.

i´ll have the greates week in live when Blood Red Shoes, Portugal the Man, Alec Empire and The Mars Volta will be on all in one week next month.

Besides that, Obviusly Hurricane Festival with the Foo Fighters and Radiohead (whom i hope i´ll be able to catch in Berlin aswell)

The rest is still in the amking, need more time and money o get all my stuff don :-/

My cousin just told me he has an extra ticket to see The Futureheads so I'll be going there. I liked two of their songs(their first two singles) then I couldn't get into their second album at all, so I might not even enjoy it.

Then again, with enough drink, I can enjoy anything, so fuck it.

If the Foo Fighters are the best thing coming your way then there must be some absolute shit coming.

I may go see Foals in March if I can find another fan of them, just to be a maniac. Other than that nothing good comes to Carlisle really, never really considered travelling to Newcastle or anything like that. Although come September I'll hopefully be living there *fingers crossed* so I won't need to go far :D

Ideally I'll be going to Bonnaroo this year but I don't know how feasible that will be.

Other than that, I don't see anything on the horizon but I'm sure something will pop up before the end of the year. Though Gigantour is a possibility simply for High on Fire, who I ended up missing the last time they were in the area.

Update;

Select Eleven (January 20th - mates with a couple of them, their first gig. Going for moral support, and to get drunk. They supposadely do The Feeling/Scouting For Girls kind of stuff, meant to be a few covers thrown in too)

A Wilhelm Scream (January 25th)

Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto (February 15th)

Los Campesinos! (February 16th)

The Futureheads (March 3rd)

Maybe's

Leeds Festival (August 22nd-24th)

Kerrang Tour-Coheed & Cambria, Madina Lake, Fightstar & Circa Survive (February 5th)

The Feeling (March 11th)

Simian Mobile Disco (February 8th)

The Wombats (May 12th)

Yeah, I was looking on Ticketmaster and found some concerts I'm interested in seeing, granted if i have the funds.

Down (2/19)

Les Claypool (3/3)

The Luchagors (3/12)

The Kronos Quartet (3/14)

The only ones I REALLY want to see are Down and Les Claypool, with a mild interest in the Luchagors (it's fuckin' Lita in a punk rock band, come on! :shifty:), and just interested in the Kronos Quartet because they've collaborated with Tom Waits and Nine Inch Nails.

Okay...just caught my first gig of the year. It doesn't really count. As the band involved my mates, and was £2 in a pub. :shifty: But seriously...they were shockingly quite good...in a sucky way. The singer was good (Although his lyrics fucking sucked), they were funny, and their song names are awesome (Which generally seem to follow the Mighty Boosh style...put random words together and name someone almost famous, and it'll be hilarious :shifty:); "Sex With David Bellion, The Fucker Never Scores" (Which literally had the riff from "Barbarism Begins At Home" stolen, note for note :shifty: ), "Who The Fuck Is Newton Faulkner?", "Andy Carroll & David Edgar Waiting For The Bus", "Long Lost Lionel Morgan" and "L1+Square". There was another one they did, which name I can't remember. They did a few covers as well. "I Predict A Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs, "Title & Registration" by Death Cab For Cutie and "This Fire" by Franz Ferdinand

Basically all of the names of their own songs, outside of Newton Faulkner were football related, which was cool, even if the songs weren't actually about that. "L1+Square" was particuarly awesome, it being the chip button for Pro Evolution Soccer.

I was told they were kind of Feeling/Scouting For Girls like...but I'd say more Acceptance/Something Corporate. Some dude was recording it, so I'm going to try and get my hands on it, and if it's any cop I'll upload it. For being sober and in a bad mood (Which is why I came home afterwards), it wasn't too bad. The keyboard player was canny shitty though.

A Wilhelm Scream friday though, my first proper gig. My face is going to melt of awesome.

Oh...you haven't lived until you've heard the words;

Who the fuck is Newton Faulkner?

Does he think he's better than me?

Because while he's a rockstar on (M)TV

I'm behind the counter at Lloyds TSB

....so fucking bad...but so funny at the same time......the singer must have literally sat their and thought "What rhymes with TV?"

Edited by YI