The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Recommended games for 30 year old who enjoys RPG, strategy style, action rpg, regular action, and just general fun to play on 3DS? Haven't had a handheld in years so other than Mario, Pokémon, and Fire Emblem I'm lost on what to look into picking up. 

4 hours ago, Trey said:

Recommended games for 30 year old who enjoys RPG, strategy style, action rpg, regular action, and just general fun to play on 3DS? Haven't had a handheld in years so other than Mario, Pokémon, and Fire Emblem I'm lost on what to look into picking up. 

Bravely Default and Bravely Second have good reputations. They're JRPGs from Square Enix that blend old mechanics with more modern systems. Then there's Xenoblade Chronicles, but you need the New 3DS to play that.

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

Yeah, that seems like one of the more "why?" announcements coming out of these last couple days.

$$$

Why Saints Row 3 of all of them? I liked SR3 but just seems random to release a game from the middle of the series years after it was original released. Why not the whole series, or why not at least Saints Row 2 first?

Saints Row 3 was the most well received and the best games of the bunch, so probably just went with the one they thought would sell the most. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

$$$

Well yeah, but I can't imagine many Nintendo only fans were clamoring for Saints Row - and then people who have had a PC or any other console since the PS3/360 era have had the chance for years to pick the game up for practically pennies.

1 hour ago, RPS said:

Saints Row 3 was the most well received and the best games of the bunch, so probably just went with the one they thought would sell the most. 

Oh, fair enough. I always thought that 2 was better received and people didn't like 3 as much, but I'm ok with that because I always liked both of them.

29 minutes ago, Apsham said:

The switch just got a surprise launch of Into The Breach today for 14.99.

I bounced off of that one pretty quick while playing on the PC, but damned if I'm not intrigued by this on the Switch.

Definite recommendation:  Towerfall Ascension hits 9/27 and holy hell is that one a must-get if you have gaming friends.

In the post game dungeon for Octopath... It's connecting all the stories together which I like but.....

the final boss? You apparently have to use all 8 characters. I power leveled/geared 4. So my other 4 are like 10 levels lower.

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

To be fair, all his videos are super interesting. 

Yeah, I've been watching through them for the last couple hours. Word Record Progression is a fascinating look into speedrunning.

• Like 1

Just now, Owen said:

Yeah, I've been watching through them for the last couple hours. Word Record Progression is a fascinating look into speedrunning.

Right? He does such a great job of explaining it, with a nice calming voice. Makes speed runs interesting, when I have no real interest in them.

• Like 1