Nintendo Megathread 2021

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Pokemon Unite is free and fun.

I played one game and won. You would think there would be more than 20 Pokemon though. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

I played one game and won. You would think there would be more than 20 Pokemon though. 

For the game type that it is, it's probably for the best that it doesn't have as many. For character based games like that - I think they only feel good when each character feels individually good or different and when you get too many in there, they just start to feel generic. That being said - Tencent has done an amazing job of creating a game where... none of that really matters and if you want to put any money in you'll just win regardless so. There's that.

Finished Breath of the Wild. It was fun. Wish it was a bit heavier on story. Not going to 100% percent it. I did like how they explained why Link is a silent protag though.

Me wanting to build a physical games collection vs. the game I want being half the price on the Nintendo eStore. Do I want to pay an extra £13 for a box and a card?

dailystruggg.jpg

Worse still, it's for Lego City Undercover - that game was originally released eight years ago on the Wii U. :lol:

I imagine that's only a problem with third party stuff given that even on sale stuff like Breath of the Wild is still like £40+ on the eShop so you might as well go physical at that point since you'll probably get everything you paid for it back (and maybe even then some) if you want to sell it afterwards.

Vaguely related; I got a physical copy of Bloodstained since it came up cheapish. Already beat it on Gamepass but I figured it's nice to throw some money at the developers (more Koji produced Metroidvania type games for me please) and the portability seems like a nice home for the game with the history of portable Castlevania titles. This is the first physical third party game I have on the system though so it looks really weird on the shelf. I hear the Switch version was shoddy at launched but has had a few patches since so hopefully it runs smoother nowadays.

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only Mario Party.

c3e786c8a6078a704cd6afb8daf8d171cdb67f2c

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, iDOL said:

Just snagged a Wii U for $70 on Marketplace! Are there any must play games aside from Nintendo land that haven’t been ported to Switch?

Not really. Just the virtual console. 

2 hours ago, iDOL said:

How is Yoshi's Wooly World? My son loved Yoshi's Crafted World and actually cried when we completed it. Was thinking about picking that one up.

I never actually played. I heard Wooly World was easier, but no idea.