The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I'm gonna have to find heat-proof and cold-proof clothes too aren't I?

I havent even done much of the main stuff yet. I need to learn something from Impa, I guess? Also I got a quest marker for Gerudo Town but don't know what I'm supposed to be doing there.

12 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

I'm gonna have to find heat-proof and cold-proof clothes too aren't I?

I havent even done much of the main stuff yet. I need to learn something from Impa, I guess? Also I got a quest marker for Gerudo Town but don't know what I'm supposed to be doing there.

Yes. The cold armor is pretty easy to get. 

Yaay.

Well, maybe I should start actual questing. The DLC costumes all seem kinda shite anyway except for the phantom armor which is already obsolete for me. Besides Gimp Link is more fun to run around as.

I think it's safe to say I've reached the "what on earth is going" part of Mario Golf's adventure mode.

Spoiler

The giant flame-breathing bird that I had to hit balls of lightning at was the give-away.

Actually doing the story now. Did the shrine in Hateno villaige and it's one of the ones I have to undock my Switch for to use that fucking gyroscope.

The maze was so aggravating as I had to carefully maneuver around it, thinking I have the last bit lined up perfectly only for the ball to flip off to the side.

I eventually decided to cheese the puzzle by turning my Switch upside down, hitting A, then flipping it back, turning the board over 180 degrees and bypassing the maze altogether. Got it in two minutes.

• Haha 1

If this is the so called 'Super Switch' then it's really not all that super. Slight increase in screen size to 7 inches, it's an OLED screen, there's 'enhanced audio', the dock has a dedicated LAN port (and a curvy notch for the wires) and 64gb of internal storage.

Doesn't sound like any increase in resolution or any extra horsepower or anything. The white looks nice, I guess, and I always hear that OLED's are super nice but the Vita never really jumped out at me and the Switch looks fine as it is handheld. Can't really imagine that Nintendo is gonna swerve us at this point and bring out that 4K Switch, at least not imminently. Maybe they'll try and stretch out the lifespan a little more and do one in a year or two? It's already been out, what, 4 years at this point?

oB5OniR.png

So let me get this straight...

Spoiler

Zelda says you can't go to Mt Lanaryu until you're seventeen, because only the wise can be there.

Was Lanaryu herself seventeen when she made that rule? Because only seventeen year olds think seventeen year olds are wise.

Also, Rhoam let Zelda, at sixteen years old, roam the countryside for weeks on end with someone who is also probably about sixteen? Without any adults around to make sure they wouldn't fool around? That is some trust.

So in BOTW, the Master Sword is full power vs the Guardians right?

So I finished Link's Awakening, I remember when it came out there was talk about technical issues and the word 'unplayable' banded around which I'm either misremembering the extent of it, it got patched or I have differing opinions of what 'playable' is because it runs fine? Like, I did a mix of handheld and docked and there were the odd iffy spots in handheld and even docked there was a little bit of slow down in one particular area of Tal Tal Heights. Maybe people zeroed in on any stutters because it's only this relatively small game with quite stylized looks so they thought the system should've handled it with ease?

6 hours ago, King Ellis said:

So I finished Link's Awakening, I remember when it came out there was talk about technical issues and the word 'unplayable' banded around which I'm either misremembering the extent of it, it got patched or I have differing opinions of what 'playable' is because it runs fine? Like, I did a mix of handheld and docked and there were the odd iffy spots in handheld and even docked there was a little bit of slow down in one particular area of Tal Tal Heights. Maybe people zeroed in on any stutters because it's only this relatively small game with quite stylized looks so they thought the system should've handled it with ease?

Yeah my problem was the stutters. It was a great game though. 

I restarted Breath of the Wild yesterday. 7 shrines down. I have decided to stay in one area, unlock each of the shrines and move on. 

BoTW is so wonderful. The gameplay is wonderful. The sense of exploration is incredible. I forgot how I just loved strolling around the world.