The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

5 hours ago, apsham said:

Any of you Mafia/Werewolf types look into Gnosia yet? It's supposed to be a perfect implementation of a single player version of a deduction games and has me interested.

I've never heard of it, but that sounds fascinating! 

15 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I've never heard of it, but that sounds fascinating! 

It's on my wishlist for sure. Something of a mix of Danganronpa and Among Us is how it's being talked about, all presented in a visual novel. You work your way through the games "loops" and each time they could introduce new roles, you could be the Gnosia that is killing people off, you could be helping it, other people could be deciding to help it, there might be multipel Gnosia.... it's sound pretty neat and dynamic. 

Bravely Default 2 update! (Which, sadly, I've been putting all my gaming time into. Sorry new Mario game)

Switched Seth back to Freelancer so I can get that JP Up and Up ability. Elvis managed to get to level 9 freelancer just by the JP orbs, so he got the JP Up ability, switched him Beastmaster (which I just learned, has the same 'pool' of monsters captured from previous teammates!). Gloria is still a Berserker and messing things up. Adelle hit level 9 (or 10?) to get drain attack, and is now also a berserker.

I think my next boss fight I'm gonna try and keep the classes as they are, to get the JP. I REALLY like using Vanguard in boss fights to tank hits, but it's already maxed out.

Been playing a lot of Mario Kart ATM online. Forgotten how much I enjoyed it and got into it whether it's stealing positions from people or getting screwed over by a red she'll near the finish and 5 people overtake you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki Returns said:

I might have done too much grinding. Entering a new area and enemies flee

I don't progress until all the enemies in the outside vicinity fear me. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LL. said:

I don't progress until all the enemies in the outside vicinity fear me. 

Have you beat any of the overworld monster bosses? The super powered ones? I've beat the one on the beach, snake in the hidden desert and a mushroom in the forest. 

Also, shield master is SUCH a good class.

1 hour ago, Ruki Returns said:

Have you beat any of the overworld monster bosses? The super powered ones? I've beat the one on the beach, snake in the hidden desert and a mushroom in the forest. 

Also, shield master is SUCH a good class.

I believe I've only beat the one that's like a pink flowery type that's on a cliff near the first town. I have a feeling I could beat a couple of others I've run into but haven't wanted to invest the time it would take. 

23 minutes ago, LL. said:

I believe I've only beat the one that's like a pink flowery type that's on a cliff near the first town. I have a feeling I could beat a couple of others I've run into but haven't wanted to invest the time it would take. 

I must have missed that one!

And I am now on chapter 3. 30 hours in. Still loving this game.

On 10/03/2021 at 11:52, apsham said:

Any of you Mafia/Werewolf types look into Gnosia yet? It's supposed to be a perfect implementation of a single player version of a deduction games and has me interested.

I've got Gnosia.

About 120 loops in and still unlocking bits of story.

Some loops won't see anything happen outside of the typical trials and those can become very generic.

There's also a bit of an RPG element where you get XP at the end of a loop depending on how well you did. Then you can spend it on stats like charisma or logic that helps in various ways during the trials.

I don't think it's as good as Danganronpa but it's certainly worth playing if it sounds like your sort of game.

• Like 1

I finally hooked my Switch up to the television because it's very hard to play The Witcher using the handheld portion of it, but man the Switch controller isn't much better at all. I've definitely got to get myself a Pro controller if I'm going to spend any time actually playing the game.

30 minutes ago, Forky said:

I finally hooked my Switch up to the television because it's very hard to play The Witcher using the handheld portion of it, but man the Switch controller isn't much better at all. I've definitely got to get myself a Pro controller if I'm going to spend any time actually playing the game.

This is an absolute MUST. 

14 minutes ago, damshow said:

Yeah I bought a 3rd party pro controller when I got my Switch and it's basically the only controller I use. The only downside of 3rd party thus far is I can't remotely turn on the Switch. 

This is the one that I picked up and I quite love it.

8BitDo's SN30 Pro+ is a near-perfect Switch controller | Engadget

On 23/03/2021 at 14:18, Ruki Returns said:

Apparently there are 7 chapters in Bravely Default 2, I just started chapter 4. And I'm 40 hours in already. Hot dang.

Chapter 4 is annoying because the human enemies have SO MUCH HP. And got my ass kicked by one of the bosses... but that was more so me being greedy and not using my best classes so I can get jp.  (Also the boss counters both magic and physical attacks.)