The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Bravely Default 2 is growing wise to my tricks. A lot of the bosses now have a "buff counter", which destroys my "save 3bp, buff four times,  God speed strike four times" plan.

Which is unfortunate, as I just unlocked the ability to break the 9999 threshold. 

14 minutes ago, apsham said:

Every time Ruki posts about this game, I feel more and more intimidated about playing more of it haha.

It's seriously a lot of fun and the best experience I've had with a JRPG in a long time. The writing is kinda shitty, but the job system and fight mechanics are quite fun. Grinding also doesn't feel like such a chore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Every time Ruki posts about this game, I feel more and more intimidated about playing more of it haha.

I like it! It means I have to change up my tactics to be successful!

There's also a super cheap way to cheese the game for all the stats.

Spoiler

Phantom 2nd speciality (make anything with a % chance to happen, happen 100% for 40mp) + indiscriminate rage (passive from berserker) + beastmaster passive (that captures 30% of defeated monsters).... so that you mass capture low level creatures. 

Then you switch to beastmaster, who's 2nd speciality is your stats increase based on number of captures!

The above also works with mug + magpie for rare steals.

57 minutes ago, LL! said:

It's seriously a lot of fun and the best experience I've had with a JRPG in a long time. The writing is kinda shitty, but the job system and fight mechanics are quite fun. Grinding also doesn't feel like such a chore. 

Just now, Ruki Returns said:

I like it! It means I have to change up my tactics to be successful!

There's also a super cheap way to cheese the game for all the stats.

Reveal hidden contents

Haha I did pick it up on launch and I've played up until the second kingdom and all, I just kind of stalled out there because I ran into other things to play. I'm at a point where all I really need to do is just Brave everyone at the start and spam attacks to win.

6 minutes ago, apsham said:

Haha I did pick it up on launch and I've played up until the second kingdom and all, I just kind of stalled out there because I ran into other things to play. I'm at a point where all I really need to do is just Brave everyone at the start and spam attacks to win.

That works for 90% of single battles. Probably not for multi battles.

On 31/03/2021 at 11:35, Ruki Returns said:

This is what an hour of grinding got me. Plus a few mastered classes for 3 people.

20210331_113306.jpg

Oh no. This is too broken. Attacks that were doing 2000 to me are now doing less than 50. I tore through a boss like it was nothing. Gonna save these for super bosses.

Got the credits to roll...

Spoiler

But I read something about it being a bad ending, and now I need to unlock the final job to get the good one.

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Pac-Man 99 has been announced as a Switch Online exclusive and will come out later today. As you probably guessed, it's Tetris 99 with Pac-Man.

I have been training for this my whole life. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Liam said:

What is technically the highest SD card in terms of memory that you can use in a Switch Lite? I seem to remember looking and just getting a bit confused by it all.

All the Switches support up to a 2TB microSD card, but that capacity doesn't exist yet in a legitimate card.

There are a few legitimate 1 TB cards out, though they run in the near-$200 range.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07P9W5HJV/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=1tb%2Bmicro%2Bsd%2Bcard&qid=1617814888&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08HCPTMJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=1tb+micro+sd+card&qid=1617814959&sr=8-5

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I was really enjoying Graveyard Keeper but I seem to have hit a game breaking bug which got fixed on the PC a year ago yet still isn't patched out on the Switch version.

They absolutely abandoned the Switch version. They put the DLC out, sometimes, but otherwise just ignore it after the fact and provide little to no communication.