The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I just got to the part of Mario 3D land where it says you can use the touch controls. Man I don't fucking get it at all. I move one block and before I can move the second one the first one moves back. Can I just not use the touch controls or am I screwed already?

I'm not screwed! :D I just skipped that level

Star Wars Game 😮

Third person shooter 🙂

...Competitive 🙁

Zynga :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Project Triangle Strategy! By the same team that did Octopath. I am buying this game 1000%

Just tried the demo, I like it! It's very much like FF Tactics. I saw the first story bit, did the first combat, and then the first vote which seems like it will be an interesting mechanic! Decided not to play anymore, as much will change during development, and I don't want to get super into it and then not be able to play the rest for another year (also why I haven't gotten Baulder's Gate 3).

I do hope they have classes in it though! All the main characters you control had a different class, but no idea if you'll be able to freely switch between them. 

I've always wanted to own a Gamecube so I said screw it and bought one on ebay, and then instantly thought 'why did I buy this' as soon as I paid for it! But if I didn't get one I'd be thinking about it forever anyway. It's just something I've always wanted to own even if I can play the games on my Wii, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and just never bought one... but I said screw it and treated myself because I've got a bit of money after my tax rebate. I bought a bunch of games with it too so I'm excited!!

...Some games are seriously expensive, though, like... the Mario Party titles are ridiculous in price.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Owen said:

I've always wanted to own a Gamecube so I said screw it and bought one on ebay, and then instantly thought 'why did I buy this' as soon as I paid for it! But if I didn't get one I'd be thinking about it forever anyway. It's just something I've always wanted to own even if I can play the games on my Wii, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and just never bought one... but I said screw it and treated myself because I've got a bit of money after my tax rebate. I bought a bunch of games with it too so I'm excited!!

...Some games are seriously expensive, though, like... the Mario Party titles are ridiculous in price.

1st party Nintendo games hold their value across multiple consoles in retro collecting. That’s why you see a bunch of greedy idiots buying multiple copies of the newer switch titles and keeping multiple copies unopened.

Okay Mario Golf is cool I guess but I don't see much new from Nintendo to get hype abo-

HYYYYYYYYYPED

Finally been back on the Switch the past week and I've finally completed Luigi's Mansion 3. Really enjoyed the game and got my hours out of it. Would definetly recommend to anyone who hasn't got it. 

Started Links Awakening and checked the last time I was on it and it was October 2019 as it was a birthday gift that year. Again really enjoying it although did take me a little bit to remember what I was doing etc 

• Like 1