The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

18 hours ago, Owen said:

I won a Mario Party game by four coins. It genuinely all came down to the final minigame. I feel only pure elation.

I like playing Mario Party but it was a massive oversight to not make the switch one have online in any way whatsoever. Completely missed the boat on that one

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Has it not got online? That means I can stop fobbing my nine year old off with "I'll look into it"...

Nah it's all pretty much local multiplayer and there's only 4 boards and they've not added anything to it really since it came out. Which is a shame 

32 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Oh no, can't play online with anyone else.  Physically need the people to be with you 

Mario Party maker a republican/conservative? Never heard of Coronavirus eh Nintendo?

2 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

If you like classic FF titles and job systems, it's just like that. The performance is meh. But I am loving everything so far.

Elaborate. 

I love grinding in RPGs, so that is not a turn off. I am playing Pokemon Shield and I am just grinding it up. 

To me, an interesting battle system can survive grinding. 

5 hours ago, RPS said:

I love grinding in RPGs, so that is not a turn off. I am playing Pokemon Shield and I am just grinding it up. 

To me, an interesting battle system can survive grinding. 

If you love grinding, you're gonna love this game! This is totally a game you will be able to grind in! And you will probably need to. The second boss I fought was pretty strong and I struggled a bit, and I was (I think) over leveled for the dungeon I was in. 

5 hours ago, RPS said:

Elaborate. 

Frame rate drops at times, some lag when opening menus. But it's a minor gripe about a game I am really enjoying! I'm in the second town, almost have a max'd out Black Mage! And I am really liking the Vanguard class, which is just a beast vs melee monsters. 

59 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

If you love grinding, you're gonna love this game! This is totally a game you will be able to grind in! And you will probably need to. The second boss I fought was pretty strong and I struggled a bit, and I was (I think) over leveled for the dungeon I was in. 

Frame rate drops at times, some lag when opening menus. But it's a minor gripe about a game I am really enjoying! I'm in the second town, almost have a max'd out Black Mage! And I am really liking the Vanguard class, which is just a beast vs melee monsters. 

God damn you. Now I'm purchasing this game. God damn you. 

Just now, Your Mom said:

Do I need to have played the first one? I know nothing about it but I enjoy a good RPG

Nope! Completely different world (I assume, with about 10 hours of gameplay. And this is actually the third game in the series. JRPGs and their weird naming conventions). And if the difficulty spikes get to be too much? You can drop the difficulty down at any point in the game! 

• Like 1