Suuper Bowl Sunday Bitches

Meacon Keaton

I was hoping the Giants would've kicked a field goal at the end instead of kneeling to end the game, just to piss of Bellicheck and Brady. Show them how it feels like to have the score run up on them when they knew the game was over those selfish pricks. Also, I say good for the Patriots, especially after what I read in the newspaper that day. According to the news, the Patriots pattented the terms "19-0" and "19-0: The Perfect Season". It also said that upon hearing that, New York pattented "18-1", so fuck you Brady. Looks like Seau's gonna be back another year haha. I just wish my Miam Dolphins didn't suck so bad this past year, but hats off to the G-Men, especially the Defense. I say the MVP should've been given to Tuck, he played a hell of a game, and remember not only was the D-Line giving pressure, the entrie D did. Safeties blitzing, Kawika and the other linebackers blitzing and pounding away on Brady.

I am going to tip my hat off to the Giants for putting up the best effort that no one gave them the chance to do. I feel really sorry for Tiki leaving before the Giants could even dent the playoffs. He's gotta be feeling better than Ronde though. :shifty:

David Tyree is a superstar stud after last night. Anyone that can make a catch like that is incredibly talented, and I expect next season will see him get many a pass thrown at him.

I am glad the Patriots didn't go undefeated as I loathe them. As a former semi-Dolphins supporter (up until the last season with Marino) I am glad to keep the legacy alive. Also, fuck Tom Brady. :shifty:

And finally, http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vW9gUmooFg&feature=user . Awesome advert.

cheerup.jpg

You make it sound like that's almost a problem. Depressed female? Check. Patriots fan? Check. Damn it, I knew I shoulda went out last night.

The ending was the greatest single ending to any Super Bowl that I have ever seen. The Eli Escape and the Tyree Grab will be shown on a loop on ESPN as one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever.

It's definitely one of the top five moments. Along with you know... Vinateri's two game winners at the final seconds. Or Tennessee falling short on the one yard line against STL. And that's just the stuff I can remember/was alive for.

And now... some thoughts from me. It's a MySpace blog entry that I wrote up, and decided to post here. You can actually see the viewpoint of a humbled Patriots fan. (Because you know, they do exist if you look hard enough.) You're all having fun knowing the Patriots lost, but now you can see the other side.

The Nightmare in Glendale

So last night was the Super Bowl. Last night was something I can't even describe. It just felt horrible, or some emotion similar to horrible.

Let's just throw it out there. 1. The Giants played their asses off and they deserved to win. No question about it. Their defense was phenominal, and Eli Manning pulled through when it mattered most. They wanted it far more than the Pats. 2. Bill Belichick is a douche. If the team starts to rebuild, he needs to go. We need a clean start, no more of this cheating shit. I'd rather finish 6-10 and 3rd place (above the Jets of course) for a few years than deal with this guy. Sure, he brings wins. But you know, I rather have my team win legit instead of having to videotape everyone else and having an autistic savant nitpick every weakness of other teams and ... well, not be the new Oakland Raiders for "biggest assholes in the NFL" award. We'll leave that for Al Davis in Oakland. I'm tired of being demonized simply being a Patriots fan because of the sketchy actions of the leadership. I mean hey, I'm sure the Giants didn't videotape people and look what they did last night...

Alright... sorry about that tangent. Anyhoo. The Patriots pull ahead with 2:40 left, and the Giants need a touchdown. As soon as they start driving up the field, I know this is not going to be a collapse. That catch to David Tyree, one the most impressive plays I've ever seen in football. Eli Manning, I've far underestimated him until this playoffs. He's really turned it up a notch, and finally got that monkey off his back... just like Peyton last year (goddamn Colts).

As soon as Manning threw it to Plax for the touchdown, it was over. I was just shocked. 19-0, the Super Bowl, it's all gone. I was just stunned. I was standing about three feet in front of my TV, I'm grab this blanket off my bed and just hold it on this last drive, only picking my head out for a play. My fingers crossed, I was just hoping we would pull through at the last second, get a touchdown or a field goal to tie.

A handful of seconds left, 4th and 20, turnover on downs. Game over, Giants win. The IMs start flooding in, assholes from all over the country rubbing it in the Patriots lost. The Pats haters start celebrating that Belichick got his. All the Patriots fans out there can now shut up for being assholes, because we all are apparently assholes and bandwagoners and the most obnoxious people on the planet and child rapists. The world are the Allied powers, Patriots fans are Nazis, and the Germans just surrendered.

A handful of seconds left, 4th and 20, turnover on downs. Game over, Giants win. I just fall backwards. I don't even move for several minutes. I start crying, I just bury my face in the blanket. The TV is still on, I can't really hear it, nor do I care. This is Aaron Boone all over again. This is what it must have been like in 1986, watching New York rape Boston of glory at the last possible moment. My team has come so close, and yet fell. Something you've invested way too much emotional investment in, it has just collapsed on you. It's the worst feeling I've had in a long long time.

Cheer up Pats fans, I know it's crushing when you finally lost a title game after your team "only" won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and you're now tied for the 2nd most SB appearances in the history of the NFL with 6 after being a laughing stock for decades. The fact that you guys are looking for someone to empathize with you is precisely why people think the vast majority of your fanbase is comprised of douches. It's the same affliction Yankees fans are cursed with when they lament the "drought" they're currently experiencing since 7 seasons without a championship is unacceptable!

Averaging a championship every four years over the course of a decade (or a century) just isn't satisfying enough for some people I guess. The average fan in America would sacrifice their first born to be rooting for the team that everyone hates because it means that your team has won a handful of titles in a short period of time. Ask a Cubs fan what it's like to have to be 100 years old to remember the last time your team won a trophy the next time you're looking to extend invites to the pity party.

To add to what Naiwf said, it's the whole cockiness issue. Respected guys like Toomer have come out today saying how much trash the Pats were talking on that final drive. All year long I've been saying that their attitude was going to come back and bite them in the ass and it did. How many times did Brady get hit(and I mean hit hard)?Someone mentioned it on WFAN today and I have to agree.....the Pats were horrible at making offensive adjustments this year. Sure they blew teams out at the start of the year with the spread offense but once teams caught on....what did they do? They got blessed with an easy schedule down the stretch playing a bunch of layup games or they would've been picked off in the regular season. I do however give Brady and Moss all the credit as they didn't come across as bitter sore losers in the post game like pretty much everyone else associated with the Patriots (including the fans)

Ok firstly I'm looking for empathy and I'm not sure where you figured that Pats fans were. Second, I can only speak for myself when I say it's not losing that hurts the most its the way they lost. They seemed like another team team out not the team that had won 18 straight.

Trash talking in an NFL game? Madness. If The Patriots trash talk, it shows how little class they have. If the Giants trash talk then they are psyched about the game. People who hate the Patriots will find something they do that you can see in every single NFL game and use it for further justification for angry rants. I'm sure in Toomer's entire career he's never once talked trash to an opposing team. :rolleyes:

I would love to actually talk about the game and everything the Giants did right and The Patriots did wrong, but I keep having to defend The Patriots and myself as a fan from stupid remarks about how classy they are supposed to be and how they are cheaters. I mean you guys look at a picture of an upset Patriots fan and think it's hysterical, why? How is that classy? I hate the Cowboys with a passion but if I saw a girl crying on the corner of the street in a Romo jersey after they have lost I wouldn't post it on here saying "look at how stupid she is for being a fan, AHAHAH!" It's just so cheap. You say all Patriots fans are obnoxious but you really think I'd be on the board after the game had The Patriots won with a bunch of pictures showing Giants players? But again I'll say it again, if you hate The Patriots fine, nothing will change that just like I'll never stop hating The Cowboys.

I would love if next year The Patriots lose the very first game of the season just so they don't have to spend the rest of the year having to hear "could they do it again!" after every win.

I've seen as many whiny and assholish Patriots fans as I have people ragging on the Patriots, but I've seen a lot of nice Patriots fans congratulating the Giants as well.

However, some Patriots fans are COMPLETELY INSANE. On the Comcast.net NFL board, some jackass was actually begging to get the government to investigate because he believed the game was fixed! I think that if the government did decide to waste their time investigating fixes in football, they'd be looking at the Patriots' season, not the Super Bowl. And someone else was making conspiracy theories, saying that during the Giants' final drive the refs stopped the clock for 2 bs measurements to give the Giants more time, the clock didn't start on one of the Giants' plays, and the refs added time back on the clock at one point. Another Pats fan was making the excuse that the Giants won not because they played well, but because the Patriots didn't. (Must've had their eyes closed or been out of the room whenever the Giants' D made an awesome play and when Eli threw that pass to Tyree....)

As for that moron's conspiracy theories....

1. The clock stoppages were NOT bs, although I kinda think the second was unnecessary because it was obvious as hell they got the first down, but I've seen them move the chains in situations that were just as obvious plenty of times.

2. Yes, the clock DID start late on one of the Giants' plays, but instead of starting at the time it was at, they took about 7 seconds, which was the amount of the delay, off.

3. The time was put back on the clock because the Giants called a Time Out and refs didn't call it in time, so they added about 3 seconds back.

If the NFL did actually fix a game, wouldn't it be in the league's best interest to have a team go 19-0 instead of get beat in the Super Bowl?

Now, one thing I've been hearing, and I don't know if its true or not, but I heard that during one of the practices\workouts before the game Eli went over to talk to Brady and Brady just gave him an evil look and snubbed him - wouldn't even talk to him and just walked off. If that's true, fuck Brady.

And frankly, I have no problem with Brady and Moss sitting out the Pro Bowl. Hell, Bret Favre and plenty of other players have done it when they're not injured, so I don't see why people should be bitching at them for doing it. I'd think that Pats haters would be GLAD they're not playing, since that means players from other teams will get their spots or at least get game time that they wouldn't have if those two did play.

And Pepsi?

GO COWBOYS!!

Edited by GhostMachine

You really believe Brady would do that? If you do then I repeat, gullible is not in the dictionary.

They showed it on National television right before the game, actually. I had more respect for Brady, but seeing Eli attempting the handshake, and you could even see a smile on Eli's face, and Brady just stared at him and backed away.

I've seen as many whiny and assholish Patriots fans as I have people ragging on the Patriots, but I've seen a lot of nice Patriots fans congratulating the Giants as well.

However, some Patriots fans are COMPLETELY INSANE. On the Comcast.net NFL board, some jackass was actually begging to get the government to investigate because he believed the game was fixed! I think that if the government did decide to waste their time investigating fixes in football, they'd be looking at the Patriots' season, not the Super Bowl. And someone else was making conspiracy theories, saying that during the Giants' final drive the refs stopped the clock for 2 bs measurements to give the Giants more time, the clock didn't start on one of the Giants' plays, and the refs added time back on the clock at one point. Another Pats fan was making the excuse that the Giants won not because they played well, but because the Patriots didn't. (Must've had their eyes closed or been out of the room whenever the Giants' D made an awesome play and when Eli threw that pass to Tyree....)

As for that moron's conspiracy theories....

1. The clock stoppages were NOT bs, although I kinda think the second was unnecessary because it was obvious as hell they got the first down, but I've seen them move the chains in situations that were just as obvious plenty of times.

2. Yes, the clock DID start late on one of the Giants' plays, but instead of starting at the time it was at, they took about 7 seconds, which was the amount of the delay, off.

3. The time was put back on the clock because the Giants called a Time Out and refs didn't call it in time, so they added about 3 seconds back.

If the NFL did actually fix a game, wouldn't it be in the league's best interest to have a team go 19-0 instead of get beat in the Super Bowl?

Now, one thing I've been hearing, and I don't know if its true or not, but I heard that during one of the practices\workouts before the game Eli went over to talk to Brady and Brady just gave him an evil look and snubbed him - wouldn't even talk to him and just walked off. If that's true, fuck Brady.

And frankly, I have no problem with Brady and Moss sitting out the Pro Bowl. Hell, Bret Favre and plenty of other players have done it when they're not injured, so I don't see why people should be bitching at them for doing it. I'd think that Pats haters would be GLAD they're not playing, since that means players from other teams will get their spots or at least get game time that they wouldn't have if those two did play.

And Pepsi?

GO COWBOYS!!

Edited by naiwf

You really believe Brady would do that? If you do then I repeat, gullible is not in the dictionary.

Well...they DID show it on tv.

But then again, that was probably filmed on a soundstage right?

Edited by Pepsi

Exactly...there are a LOT of fans out there who hate the Steelers because of the 70's, the 49ers because of the 80's, the Cowboys because of the 90's, and so on and so forth.

I don't claim to know how fans of those teams acted because I wasn't around and posting on message boards then, but it seems to me like Patriots fans are CONSTANTLY complaining that they're not respected when they're being hyped on ESPN constantly or being called the greatest team ever when they truly don't deserve it. Pats fans have such a huge chip on their shoulder for no reason, that's what makes them obnoxious. And that's why I hate the Pats as much as I do.

Well that and the fact that they're a bunch of arrogant cheaters.

And Bill Cowher was too dumb to know how to beat them in 2 AFC Championship Games, but that more makes me dislike Cowher than the Pats.