Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The source for Def Leppard was whitesnake oddly enough

Edit: Source...

Sheffield’s finest will be grabbing a piece of the Donington action!

In a statement from Whitesnake, who self-confirmed their appearance at this year’s Download festival, have released the following statement about Def Leppard’s performance:

“WHITESNAKE are very happy to announce they have committed to playing a one-off UK gig in 2009 at the DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL on JUNE 14th with DEF LEPPARD…The show will coincide with action-packed Anniversary releases of the multi-platinum albums, SLIP OF THE TONGUE, marking its 20th Anniversary, & the SLIDE IT IN album, which celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year.”

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/def-lepp...e-for-download/

The source for Def Leppard was whitesnake oddly enough

Edit: Source...

Sheffield’s finest will be grabbing a piece of the Donington action!

In a statement from Whitesnake, who self-confirmed their appearance at this year’s Download festival, have released the following statement about Def Leppard’s performance:

“WHITESNAKE are very happy to announce they have committed to playing a one-off UK gig in 2009 at the DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL on JUNE 14th with DEF LEPPARD…The show will coincide with action-packed Anniversary releases of the multi-platinum albums, SLIP OF THE TONGUE, marking its 20th Anniversary, & the SLIDE IT IN album, which celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year.”

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/def-lepp...e-for-download/

I have a strong feeling Heaven & Hell will most likely be on that day as well, as they announced themselves for Wacken today, so it's definately the fest tour.

Heaven & Hell will be amazing, by the way their new album comes out April 25th!

And for Iain, who cares if it's not 1988 any more? I think numbers speak, especially numbers like Motley Crue's current tour, which is pretty much sold out across the board. Like them or not, yes, they're an 80's band, but they're damn good and would most likely outsell any of the other bands on the bill. Rather you choose to believe it or not Iain, Crue is still a big deal today in music.

Rollin', rollin', rollin... More acts confirmed and tickets onsale from Friday 13th

On 12.02.2009

We're delighted to announce four more incredible acts to coincide with tickets going on sale 9am, Friday 13th Feb.

Confirmed as a second main stage headliner alongside masked metallers Slipknot are iconic British rockers DEF LEPPARD, who return to Donington Park after a 23 year gap, having played Monsters of Rock in 1986. Joe Elliott and co. will be joined on the bill by Very Special Guests WHITESNAKE who make their way back to Donington for the fourth time, following a world tour with Def Leppard last year.

Also announced are the recently reformed nu-metallers LIMP BIZKIT who will make their Download Festival debut, and Orlando heavy metallers TRIVIUM, making their third Download appearance.

These all join Slipknot, Motley Crue. Korn, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Devildriver and DragonForce at this year’s Download Festival, 12-14 June 2009.

Admittedly, Limp Bizkit playing has piqued my interest, but there's still not enough there to justify the price for me.

And Motley Crue being a big deal? lol.

Edited by Major Dragsy

I'm liking the line-up so far. Who do we reckon the third headliner will be?

Manson, Heaven n Hell. Both names rumoured.

Slipknot, Korn, Bizkit, Crue, Leppard, Whitesnake, Trivium.

Worth the price - everything else is just a bonus.

Seen, Seen/Don't care for, Want to see, No interest, no interest, Seen (like 4 times).

I've seen the same as you, seeing the others will be awesome though. Bizkit will rock the house.

People, me and Summ will now use Twitter to convince Mark Hoppus to get blink-182 in for download, help us! :shifty:

It'll work. We can do this.

Edited by Johnny Superstar

Heaven & Hell will be amazing, by the way their new album comes out April 25th!

And for Iain, who cares if it's not 1988 any more? I think numbers speak, especially numbers like Motley Crue's current tour, which is pretty much sold out across the board. Like them or not, yes, they're an 80's band, but they're damn good and would most likely outsell any of the other bands on the bill. Rather you choose to believe it or not Iain, Crue is still a big deal today in music.

First off, I love Motley Crue.

Secondly, that's not true in Britain is it? They never tour Britain outside of the festivals, which when the last time they played Download they were in a tent. As far as I can tell 'Saints Of Los Angeles' did not chart in the UK. 'All Hope Is Gone' reached number 2. Korn's last album reached number 15. Trivium's 'Shogun' reached number 17.

Motley Crue are just a nostalgia act that can put on one hell of a live show. They are not a big deal today in music.

Aren't they? They're fucking selling out shows all the fucking time. I've got countless posters from recent UK tours. They just released a huge album - which I'm not actually that fond of - but it is still popular as fuck. I mean, Christ, it's even cool for teeny boppers to like Motley Crue these days.

I'm liking the line-up so far. Who do we reckon the third headliner will be?

Manson, Heaven n Hell. Both names rumoured.

I'd put my money on Faith No More to be honest. It'll be Nu meta - Metal day / Cheesy 80's hair rock day / Alternative Metal maybe with punk day.

Blink wouldn't really interest me to be honest - as headliner at least. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like a few of their songs, but they are criminally over rated and I'm not sure I could stomach an hour and a half of them.

I've heard the Heaven and Hell and Faith No More rumours, as well as ones that Nickelback are in the mix too. H&H would be cool, but I think they'd be best in a special gust slot akin to Priest last year. Faith No More could probably pull off the headline slot if given a nice lead in. As for Nickelback - I've heard much, much worse, and some of their none singles are quite good. I could see them being chosen from the My Chem/Lostprophets line of booking from the previous few years.

Any other rumours abound?