ATTN: Coin Op

The Mask of Norro

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give some ideas on the ones not filled out on the main post right now...

B: Bubble Bobble or Bionic Commando

D: Diablo 2 or Doom

E: Escape From Monkey Island

F: Fallout

I: Ikaruga

J: Joust

N: Ninja Gaiden (1,2,3,Black,4, whatever)

P: Pac-Man

Q: Q*Bert

R: Resident Evil 2

T: Tetris

U: Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness

V: Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Y: Ys or Yar's Revenge

Z: Zaxxon

If Xevious doesn't turn your crank you could use Xenogears, or X-Men Legends.

I think Ninja Gaiden 2 can go on the mural. Should be nice actually, since last mural I had the original Ninja Gaiden on there.

So, yeah, N will be Ninja Gaiden 2. As for T, I'm leaning more and more towards Tetris. Not completely decided on it, but definitely thinking it may be the best option here really.

Alright, here's a list of the remaining letters and the games I am currently considering using for them. If you guys could, either voice your opinions on the ones you'd like to see make the mural, or suggest other games for these particular letters:

B is down to Brain Age, Bioshock, Bubble Bobble, and Bomberman

D is down to Donkey Kong Country, Dead Rising, Dance Dance Revolution, Duck Hunt, Doom, and Dig Dug

E is down to Escape from Monkey Island, Elebits, Earthworm Jim, and Earthbound

F is down to Final Fantasy VII or X (personal favorites, hush >_>), Fallout 3, F-Zero, Frogger, and any one of the Fire Emblem games

I is down to Ico and Ikaruga

J is down to Joust and Jak 1, 2 or 3

P is down to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokemon Red or Blue, Pacman, Prince of Persia, and Pong

Q is down to Q-bert, Quake, and Qix

R is down to Resident Evil (any of them really), Rock Band 2, Rayman or Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

T is down to Tetris, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Turok, Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tekken or Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, THPS2 and Twisted Metal

U is down to Unreal Tournament III, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Uniracers

V is down to Virtua Fighter or Virtua Fighter 5, Viewtiful Joe or Viewtiful Joe 2, and Viva Piñata

Y is down to Yoshi's Island DS and Yar's Revenge

Z is down to Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Zaxxon and Z.O.E.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

B is for Bomberman

D is for Doom

E is for Escape from Monkey Island

F is for Fallout 3

I is for Ikaruga (God bless eenie-meanie-miney-mo)

J is for Joust

P is for Pacman

Q is for Quake

R is for Resident Evil

T is for Tekken (I've been classic game friendly for long enough)

U is for Unreal Tournament III

V is for Virtua Fighter

Y is for Yoshi's Island

Z is for Zaxxon

D is down to Donkey Kong Country, Dead Rising, Dance Dance Revolution, Duck Hunt, and Doom

F is down to Final Fantasy VII or X (personal favorites, hush >_>), Fallout 3, F-Zero, Frogger, and any one of the Fire Emblem games

P is down to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokemon Red or Blue, Pacman, Prince of Persia, and Pong

R is down to Resident Evil (any of them really), Rock Band 2, Rayman or Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

T is down to Tetris, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Turok, Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tekken or Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, THPS2 and Twisted Metal

V is down to Virtua Fighter or Virtua Fighter 5, Viewtiful Joe or Viewtiful Joe 2, and Viva Piñata

I've only included the ones I have a preference on:

It's just too visually appealing. The image of the Big Daddy is incredibly memorable and there are plenty of other parts of Rapture that would look great in a mural. Second place to Bomberman for how instantly recognisable the design of the character is.

D is down to Donkey Kong Country, Dead Rising, Dance Dance Revolution, Duck Hunt, and Doom

This is a tough one, but I've gone for Dead Rising because it's one of the only contemporary games I can think of with memorable imagery (particularly the logo itself.) DKC or Doom would be excellent too.

Simply one of the greatest games of all time - this one is no contest for me. Guybrush and LeChuck will instantly add some humour to a mural that's probably going to be dominated by nostalgia and respect for the greatest games of all time.

Obviously the FF games are far more famous, but I've opted for Fallout for the same reasons as Bioshock and Dead Rising - they're some of the most graphically interesting games of recent years, whereas yesteryear will have dozens of entries I think.

Pacman is amongst a handful of the most significant characters in gaming history, so can't be excluded. Pong is never going to look interesting, so the only other competition is Phoenix Wright - which has plenty of characters that would be worthy of inclusion.

Sure, this might be a drearily-designed game aesthetically, but the icon alone is one of the best in the industry. Neither of the other games stands up to Quake in importance.

I reckon one of the rhythm/music games has to be in and if it's not Guitar Hero it has to be this. RB is a modern phenomenon and the chance to include some pictures of performing musicians will break up the logos and retro characters that will make up the majority of the piece.

This is one of the most competitive letters. THPS and Tomb Raider are fierce competition, but Tetris is one of the most widely popular games ever made. If you could somehow include the theme music in the mural this one would be a shoe-in.

lol at Pitfall cover. Major feature: ONE PLAYER AT A TIME USING JOYSTICK!

(or Tekken 3) :shifty:

(Zool) :shifty:

Edited by TheModernWay

I think Xevious is the way to go for "X". I need more oldschool games to balance things out, considering I have a lot of modern games already on the list. Xevious could work pretty well for that.

Plus, hell, I've no idea what other game starts with an "X" that would be suitable to put up there.

I was going to mention this but someone beat me to it: Xenon! Xenon was awweeeesome. And gives you plenty of cool artwork to choose from.

The bolds are my votes. This is more from a perspective of what would look awesome visually than my favourite games.

F is down to Final Fantasy VII or X (personal favorites, hush >_> voter's note: come on, no FFVI or FFXI?), Fallout 3, F-Zero, Frogger, and any one of the Fire Emblem games

J is down to Joust and Jak 1, 2 or 3 (Author's note: the Jak series character design is... unappealing, if you have to do this focus on the cool settings)