LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

My original question and other thoughts:

Yeah, I thought about it being Claire, but it was just so quick and never mentioned, I'm not even sure if it was intentional or if someone else got in the shot, which would be funny. What makes me laugh is that I'm not seeing it being mentioned all over the place where people usually dissect Lost frame-by-frame and notice shit like how many books are on the shelf and how that number applies to the theory of time traveling and some obscure biblical reference.

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume Christian is actually alive and was resurrected after the original crash, like Locke now. Of course that raises the question of what significance does he have to the island and why does he speak for Jacob? And of course that raises the question, who/what the hell is Jacob?

Fantastic episode that has left my brain hurting. There's so much going on I struggle to keep up. Never noticed the woman in the background until Zero brought it up. And if the woman IS CLAIRE, could the 'son' Christian was on about to Locke be Aaron somehow? I dunno, it's hard to keep up with so much going on. And where the heck has Faraday gone?

Despite me being confused in every way possible, I love this.

Fantastic episode that has left my brain hurting. There's so much going on I struggle to keep up. Never noticed the woman in the background until Zero brought it up. And if the woman IS CLAIRE, could the 'son' Christian was on about to Locke be Aaron somehow? I dunno, it's hard to keep up with so much going on. And where the heck has Faraday gone?

Despite me being confused in every way possible, I love this.

Aaron is not Christian's son...so no...Plus it was Jack anyway.

Edited by Fitzy

My original question and other thoughts:

Yeah, I thought about it being Claire, but it was just so quick and never mentioned, I'm not even sure if it was intentional or if someone else got in the shot, which would be funny. What makes me laugh is that I'm not seeing it being mentioned all over the place where people usually dissect Lost frame-by-frame and notice shit like how many books are on the shelf and how that number applies to the theory of time traveling and some obscure biblical reference.

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume Christian is actually alive and was resurrected after the original crash, like Locke now. Of course that raises the question of what significance does he have to the island and why does he speak for Jacob? And of course that raises the question, who/what the hell is Jacob?

I don't think that it's safe at all to say that Christian is actually alive. He seems to have a lot of supernatural stuff about him, and from what (little) we've seen of Locke so far, he just seems to be alive again. I mean, Christian constantly appears where he's supposed to be (in Jacob's Cabin, near the Donkey Wheel, etc.) which seem to suggest that he's not simply reborn, but that there's also something special about him. He seems to be acting a lot more like the other apparitions that we've seen around the Island (Eko's brother, for instance), appearing where it's convenient for him to do so. Maybe that's what you were getting at, I dunno, but I don't think that you can say that he's definitely alive.

What if that girl in the background is an actual ghost... :mellow:

But, I'm in love with Lost. While I'm not as smart as you guys to figure some of these things out (I over think things and thought that the two islands was actually just the same island and it reflected because of a bubble shield or something... <_< ) But, this is by far my favorite show right now. Anyone annoyed how whenever Lost gets someone separated from the group that they must do an entire episode just to keep the show continuous through the season? I know recently it was for detail and I didn't mind it but they expanded one time period over three episode (Locke's death) Hope they don't keep Sun, Ben, and Frank like that because I can really only stand Ben as a main part of the show. Also, does Faraday remind anyone of Charlie? Maybe it's just the accent but he reminds me of Charlie every time he appears on the show. And also, forgot what happened because the two week break, but where did Faraday go? Did he just run off?

I also believe that Christian is one of the island spirits.

My reasoning: When he appeared with Locke at the donkey wheel, and Locke's leg was busted, Locke asked for help up and Christian immediately said No.

While it could have just been him being a dick, or more of the testing of John Locke, I kinda think it was a "I can't help you, because I am not real" kinda thing.

I also believe that Christian is one of the island spirits.

My reasoning: When he appeared with Locke at the donkey wheel, and Locke's leg was busted, Locke asked for help up and Christian immediately said No.

While it could have just been him being a dick, or more of the testing of John Locke, I kinda think it was a "I can't help you, because I am not real" kinda thing.

I agree with this, and to add another angle to it, I think Sun and Lapidus seeing Smokey moments before they see Christian suggests that Christian may be an apirition created by Smokey, much like when Eko saw his brother.

Also, I don't know if anyones asked this in this thread yet, but I am the only one who wants to know where the heck Rose and Bernard are?!?

So, it's still a couple of episodes away, but the press release for 5x12 keeps making me want it this week.

BEN ATTEMPTS TO SUMMON THE SMOKE MONSTER IN ORDER TO BE JUDGED FOR SINS OF THE PAST, ON ABC'S "LOST"

"Dead is Dead" - To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet and Terry O'Quinn as Locke.

Guest starring are Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana, Said Taghmaoui as Caesar, Melissa Farman as young Danielle Rousseau, Brad William Henke as Bram and Matt Hoffman as Jed.

"Dead is Dead" was written by Brian K. Vaughan & Elizabeth Sarnoff and directed by Stephen Williams.

Smokey! Alex! Young Danielle! kaboom!

:o

Tonight's episode:

Whoa... did not see that coming. That ending was pretty hardcore for network television and I have no idea what Sayid's actions will do. Afterall, Faraday said they can't alter the course of time... well that seems like a pretty big alteration.

Tonight's episode:

Whoa... did not see that coming. That ending was pretty hardcore for network television and I have no idea what Sayid's actions will do. Afterall, Faraday said they can't alter the course of time... well that seems like a pretty big alteration.

Nothing, young Ben will be saved. What a poor killer only putting one in the chest and not taking a second shot to the head that leavs no questions... now we finaly will get to see old ben Topless and get the scarry music as we surprisingle see a scare on his chest... it´s Lost, you just have to see it comming... i guss the pay of will be Old Ben getting killed after Lost logic... haha, he´s dead! noho he´s not! oh wait - he is!

Tonight's episode:

Nothing, young Ben will be saved. What a poor killer only putting one in the chest and not taking a second shot to the head that leavs no questions... now we finaly will get to see old ben Topless and get the scarry music as we surprisingle see a scare on his chest... it´s Lost, you just have to see it comming... i guss the pay of will be Old Ben getting killed after Lost logic... haha, he´s dead! noho he´s not! oh wait - he is!

First of all...who didn't see that coming? What, did you think that Sayid was just going to run off into the jungle with Ben, taking him happily to Otherland? He doesn't even know where that is.

And besides, Ben will be saved. He's obviously alive in the future, seeing how he GREW UP. Nothing has been altered, Ben was always shot in the chest by Sayid.

Kinda depends on which of the 10,000 theories on time space blah blah that Lost runs with. Could always go the route of "ITS OK BECAUSE THEY'RE IN A TIME LINE NOW LOL" and Ben could still be alive thanks to the fact he now exists outside of time.

Of course, if they've any sanity at all they'll keep Young Ben alive somehow, because I don't fancy the resulting tidal wave of questions that'll come from Young Ben dying.

Good episode I thought, gave us some insight into the woman who's with Locke and the rest. Apart from the goings on of The Dharma group and Sawyer/Juliet, I'm mostly interested in finding out more about Locke and his sudden revival.

Tonight's episode:

First of all...who didn't see that coming? What, did you think that Sayid was just going to run off into the jungle with Ben, taking him happily to Otherland? He doesn't even know where that is.

And besides, Ben will be saved. He's obviously alive in the future, seeing how he GREW UP. Nothing has been altered, Ben was always shot in the chest by Sayid.

I herebye claim that young Ben will also kill his father in cover of the outsiders atack.

So in my ignorance I watched an episode of this a couple of years ago when the series was already mid-flow and I was like... what? But I got bored one afternoon and decided to give it another try. Got hooked and I'm now up to date. I thought this'd be a good thing but I hate having to wait for new episodes :@

I agree with whoever said that the ending was blatantly obvious, although I thought they might have dragged it out until next week. I hope 1970s Ben is dead since that was the "reason" Sayid went back to the island. That being said I hope 2007 Ben is still alive. And where the fuck's Faraday? And the rest of the survivors (we haven't seen these guys for ages)?

I rewatched season 1 recently and remembered a couple of things to do with the island's resurrections. Firstly, Christian supposedly died by alcohol-induced heart attack. I remember thinking at the time that that was odd, but it kind of drifted away. Secondly, I'd totally forgotten about the time Ethan kidnapped Charlie and Claire and ended up hanging Charlie to the point where he was dead for several minutes before Jack resuscitated him. Not really sure whether that's a true example of the island bringing someone back, but it's at least another example of someone surviving death.

I REALLY hope that we get further exposition of Ethan's backstory this series. The Ethan/Charlie/Claire saga was absolutely gripping television and now to find he, like Ben, crossed the Dharma/Others divide, I can't help feeling that there's an awful lot of mileage to be gotten out of Mr Rom's story yet.

Edited by Downward Spiral