NFL 2009

livid

Yay, go Ravens!

I can't help but like Flacco, despite him being average tonight, since the Jags are gone, I'm rooting for Blatimore to win the superbowl, though the Colts will probably rape them next week, can't see Manning doing a Brady.

It took one game and already I'm reading people talking about how the Eagles need to get rid of McNabb. Last I checked it wasn't McNabb who sucked on defense. The Eagles linebackers are horrendous, and their secondary was banged up going into the game (and got more banged up during it). At home, against Tony Romo, Miles Austin, and Jason Witten it was a guarantee the Eagles would get shredded

McNabb completed 2 passes in the first half and the Eagles had the ball for roughly 5 minutes out of the opening 30, any defence would be gassed after that. Considering McNabb has been around so long and is taking up so much cap space, he should be making plays in these situations, not Mike Vick. McNabb was always going to be fucked when Jackson finally got shut down, which the Cowboys did in all 3 games. Not saying thdy should oust him, but it's not as if he played well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Carson Palmer sucks. He was never good and he never will be good. He comes up short in big games and in big situations. He's a perfect leader for the Bengals because he's a soft player and they are a soft franchise. The Bengals could be a decent team with a real on-field leader. But with guys like Palmer and Chad Johnson they'll never have that.

Chase?

Cincinnati made the playoffs and Pittsburgh didn't.

That's all I wanted to say.

They made the playoffs largely on the legs of their running game and the fact that their defense played really well. Carson Palmer was just along for the ride.

Besides, I didn't realize that the fact that their fluke season (going 4-6 outside of your division makes you a fluke) lead to them getting in the playoffs when the Steelers didn't makes my criticism irrelevant.

If that's the case then all the times Ravens fans ripped on the Steelers last season were thrice as irrelevant.

Everything I said is true whether the Bengals finished with a better record than the Steelers or not. The Bengals are a joke franchise, they always have been and they always will be.

They came into the playoffs, just like 2005, with a sense of entitlement and they got beat. Carson Palmer never shows up in big games, Chad Johnson disappears whenever a good CB lines up across from him, and when the situations get big the Bengals come up short.

That's because they lack a true leader in their locker room. Palmer can't do it, and Chad Johnson won't do it.

Edited by Evil Chase K

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Carson Palmer sucks. He was never good and he never will be good. He comes up short in big games and in big situations. He's a perfect leader for the Bengals because he's a soft player and they are a soft franchise. The Bengals could be a decent team with a real on-field leader. But with guys like Palmer and Chad Johnson they'll never have that.

Chase?

I didn't realize that the fact that their fluke season (going 4-6 outside of your division makes you a fluke) lead to them getting in the playoffs when the Steelers didn't makes my criticism irrelevant.

If that's the case then all the times Ravens fans ripped on the Steelers last season were thrice as irrelevant.

Everything I said is true whether the Bengals finished with a better record than the Steelers or not. The Bengals are a joke franchise, they always have been and they always will be.

They came into the playoffs, just like 2005, with a sense of entitlement and they got beat. Carson Palmer never shows up in big games, Chad Johnson disappears whenever a good CB lines up across from him, and when the situations get big the Bengals come up short.

That's because they lack a true leader in their locker room. Palmer can't do it, and Chad Johnson won't do it.

In Palmer's defense, he didn't really have an opportunity in 2005. He got injured almost immediately. This was is first full playoff game and while it wasn't a good performance, I think it is a stretch to say he doesn't show up in big games. Give him time.

Facemask occurred after the fumble/int whatever you want to call it, so the penalty would have been enforced on the extra point, but there wasn't was.

What's going to be a bigger issue is the helmet to helmet hit Rodgers took that they didn't call.

Chase?

I didn't realize that the fact that their fluke season (going 4-6 outside of your division makes you a fluke) lead to them getting in the playoffs when the Steelers didn't makes my criticism irrelevant.

In Palmer's defense, he didn't really have an opportunity in 2005. He got injured almost immediately. This was is first full playoff game and while it wasn't a good performance, I think it is a stretch to say he doesn't show up in big games. Give him time.

Name a time, since his days at USC when he came up big in a big game. If you look at Palmer's stats he's always struggled during the times when the league's best QBs excel: third down, fourth quarter.

Palmer was probably the most overrated QB in the NFL up until last season. Now he's fallen behind a few guys on that list, but he still doesn't have that it factor that makes guys winners. No USC QB ever has, really.

I properly started watching NFL this year having watched the last 2 superbowls and i must say the Cardinals/Packers game was my favorite game so far, its a shame the packers couldn't complete the great comeback, i'm backing the Cowboys to go on and win the SuperBowl coz they are playin well atm

• Like 1

Chase?

Name a time, since his days at USC when he came up big in a big game. If you look at Palmer's stats he's always struggled during the times when the league's best QBs excel: third down, fourth quarter.

Palmer was probably the most overrated QB in the NFL up until last season. Now he's fallen behind a few guys on that list, but he still doesn't have that it factor that makes guys winners. No USC QB ever has, really.

Again, he hasn't had any big games to speak of before yesterday.

Looking at this splits this season, he has been a bit above average on third down (88.9 rating, 8TD and 3INT), in the 4th quarter he's pretty average, although a bit better in closer games.

He is overrated when he's put into the same league as Manning and Brady (which he incorrectly has been), but he is a good quarterback, and I think his career will have a better definition over the next few seasons.

I've kept it off ESPN today. I was too afraid they'd have a Breaking News segement as soon as the game was over, declaring it a national tragedy because their god Tom Brady lost. Or everyone would be in mourning, wearing black and crying.

I've kept it off ESPN today. I was too afraid they'd have a Breaking News segement as soon as the game was over, declaring it a national tragedy because their god Tom Brady lost. Or everyone would be in mourning, wearing black and crying.

They probably did anyway.

Breaking news, Jesus Christ Tom Brady and the Patriots lost to Baltimore in a hard fought battle to the end. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lowerdeck
  • Like 2

Again, he hasn't had any big games to speak of before yesterday.

Looking at this splits this season, he has been a bit above average on third down (88.9 rating, 8TD and 3INT), in the 4th quarter he's pretty average, although a bit better in closer games.

He is overrated when he's put into the same league as Manning and Brady (which he incorrectly has been), but he is a good quarterback, and I think his career will have a better definition over the next few seasons.

Big games don't happen exclusively in the post-season. He's had lots of big games throughout his career and he's come up short. Even in games this season where Cincy won he was less than impressive.

But there's really no need to continue this discussion as with the Bengals' loss this is an irrelevant topic.