Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

The brand put downs being included are more to do with the fact that they can't be fucked taking them out. Or CHANGING THE COMMENTARY AT ALL. I watched a video of LOW the other day and having not had a SD! game since 2007 (the last non-ECW game) because it was the same ever year, and it was still the same stoic commentary from JR that they've had since HCTP.

Not sure about this year's game.

I was relaly looking forward to SVR 09, went out and got it straight away, and after about three weeks of playing it I got bored :(

It was a good game en all, but it didn't seem to have that extra edge to it that makes something stand out.

Im hoping that this years will see the inclusion of backstage fighting and being able to fight in the crowd. And with backstage fighting I mean more than just the one area.

Even the N64's No Mercy had multiple backstage environments.

I was relaly looking forward to SVR 09, went out and got it straight away, and after about three weeks of playing it I got bored :(

It was a good game en all, but it didn't seem to have that extra edge to it that makes something stand out.

Im hoping that this years will see the inclusion of backstage fighting and being able to fight in the crowd. And with backstage fighting I mean more than just the one area.

Maybe one day we'll see an repolished No Mercy make it's way to XBLA.

Maybe one day we'll see an repolished No Mercy make it's way to XBLA.

Yeah, that's what I'm clamoring for. Character models with one facial expression, a broken reversal system in which the CPU always wins, a story mode that forces the player into matches in which stamina loss in a handicap match carries over into a crucial singles match, ludicrously overpriced unlockables, and a menu screen that goes DICK-DICK-DIKKITY DICK-DICKITY DOG.

I think if they gave it the Bionic Commando/Turtles in Time/SFII treatment, a brand new No Mercy would be a great Arcade/PSN/WiiWare game.

Which is what I meant by repolished.

Have any wrestling games seen re-releases on current gen systems ala XBLA or the PSN Network?

I think licensing issues would put a stop to exact ports because of the ever changing roster.

Have any wrestling games seen re-releases on current gen systems ala XBLA or the PSN Network?

I think Saturday Night Slam Masters has been released on the Wii Virtual Console (or on some Capcom compilation)... but that's about it. And yeah, it's due to licensing that keeps that from happening, you'd need a completely fictional roster or update to a current roster. But since No Mercy characters are built entirely on the CAW system, all they would need to do to update the game is facial scans.

n numerous interviews at E3, WWE wrestler John Morrison discussed that the main theme for the game would be based around customization and said that one of the many new features would have to do with creating ring attires for wrestlers in the game.

That's just from wiki, but if anyone has the E3 interviews that'd be helpful. Gonna need more than creating ring attires though.

Id say its going to need something OTHER than creating attires. I never really understood the fascination with multiple attires for wrestlers, outside entrance/backstage gear, or the wanting to edit wrestlers attires.

For those of you who are talking about an updated version of No Mercy, it should be noted that some time ago, the word was leaked on 1UP Games that it would be coming to the WiiWare service in due time, complete with a mass roster update to reflect the current product. However, since that initial news tidbit over a year ago, I have heard absolutely nothing about it, nor did the news really go viral.

Here's the news article in question. The actual tidbit is towards the bottom.

Take that for what you will. 1UP isn't exactly the WrestleZone of video game websites, so I'm sure there was at least something to this. That said, the long amount of time in between that informal announcement and any actual news on it, is definitely worrying.

Either way, I doubt you'd ever see No Mercy hit Xbox Live or PSN, since it was an exclusive. I know Banjo-Kazooie was too and it's on Xbox Live, but that was definitely a special case given Rare/Microsoft's new ownership of the character and Nintendo's ownership of the game.

This was one of the better career modes though since it was tailor made for those characters. All they needed was to create an additional "generic" Road to WrestleMania for any other Superstar and it would've been nearly perfect.

The main problem with the SD series is the fact that the core game is running on an engine that dates back to the PS1, it's all completely stale. It also doesn't help that they remove more features than they add.

Edited by Zero

Yeah... the stories might have been "better" since they could make it all nice since it was tailored to specific people --- but I don't want to be forced to be any of those characters. Rey and Batista - thumbs down. Like I said, don't even want a "good" road to mania... just a decent one. And if they can add that along with the others, fine by me, just give me that option.

I miss the days of HCTP and SmackDown 2, where career spanned the entire year and continued after that. HCTP was probably the closest they've come to a good career mode. But I doubt we'll ever see the return of that since they've got such a hard on for voice overs.

Smackdown 2's seemingly random backstage attacks and alliance forming was superb. Lead to the unstoppable stable of my CAW, The Undertaker and Crash Holly. Trying to play along with what that game threw at you is like trying to make sense of TEW's AI booking.

Id say its going to need something OTHER than creating attires. I never really understood the fascination with multiple attires for wrestlers, outside entrance/backstage gear, or the wanting to edit wrestlers attires.

How many wrestlers do you know wear exactly the same thing to every single match? At the very least, each guy on the roster should have one or two alternates (and I'm not talking business suits) if for no reason other than to keep the game from looking stale after a few matches with the same guy. Editing attire would be great for keeping the rosters up to date, I don't see there being an argument against more than one attire to be perfectly honest.

Id imagine quite a bit do, probably more than those that wear a different attire outside of special occasions. It's a wrestling game, though. I never saw any point to alt attires. I never understood what the big deal was about alt attires because it never came across as something that would make or break a game to me, and it just isnt a good feature to me. Im not trying to argue against alt attires, Im just saying to me its a useless feature as I never picked alt attires in the games.

Edited by Vitamin E

I still think Smackdown! SYM was one of the best games for the career mode as well-in HCTP you could set what peoples brands were which, but SYM was good because the career still spanned a couple of years and had interesting, branching storylines. Plus, nearly every wrestler had an alternate attire.

The total customisation idea they seem to be putting in this year could be a really good thing, but of course some specifics will need to be seen first, the attires idea sounds cool though.