Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

Yes, you've missed five games that are pretty much the same gameplay-wise, with updated rosters and a couple of new features/altered modes each year.

Here Comes The Pain was the best game they ever made, I still play it now if I'm ever on my PS2.

Last years inclusion of Create a Finisher was a huge thing for wrestling games, so my interest is peaked to see what they bring in this year to make it "deliver player freedom never before experienced in the SmackDown vs. Raw franchise." I havent played the series in a long while because I just got bored of it and the sucky career mode and meh CAW mode, which are the ONLY reasons I bought the games. Plus the fact I dont wanna dish out tons of money for a system and then 60 bucks for a game right now.

And why do people care so much about multiple attires? I dont see the big deal about choosing to wrestle as Edge in black tights or red tights or as Ric Flair in blue or green trunks. I dont see what value it adds to gameplay.

Edited by Vitamin E

Undertaker should be offset like Orton. It's not symetrical.

Looks pretty good.

Just hoping for some changes in the game. Pretty much echo what Zero said, he summed it up perfectly. Fuck the attires and stuff, I'd like them to actually start to throw in the small things as well. Why the fuck couldn't you go through the crowd and fight out there in 09? That's just laughable when you're surrounded by the technology we have today and they cant be bothered to throw that into a game, something that happens a lot in actual wrestling. And throwing people off of the stage, maybe having certain character who can climb the titantron in certain matches (Hardy), fighting backstage and in the parking lots with the freedom to actually fucking roam around properly. There's just so many small things they're missing, things that they could seemingly throw in there with ease compared to some of the other stuff they've got. I don't really care if they announce something big if they still haven't dealt with the little things.

CAF last year was a great addition and hopefully stays in this year but gets updated a tonne. I'm hoping you'll be able to create some top rope finishers and a variety of other moves, because after a while, it actually started to feel like the CAF stuff was overrated and really samey. The online mode helped make this game more playable to me last year, but without that I'd of probably of been putting the game to one side after a few weeks. Still, the major gripe will always be the career mode and the amount you can interact with people and things, because it's just seemed non existent over the last few years, which is laughable when the old Smackdown games had better career modes than the ones of today.

June 11th, 2009. 1:23pm, AST. The joke dies.

In any case, as minuscule as it is, I'm hoping for a few additions like more Struggle Submission holds, KOs actually happening in-game (with Big Show's gimmick, I can't see how they can avoid this, frankly) and for the system in which one upgrades CAWs to be revamped. I understand that you should have to earn a 90 in the Strength category, but it's just too damn time consuming.

I think I missed it in the press release, are John Cena®, Undertaker®, Randy Orton®, Edge® and Rey Mysterio® going to be on the cover?

Yep, the cover of WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2010.

Featuring ECW®

That's another thing... can they please just start calling the franchise "WWE [Year]?" WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010: This Is Your World - Featuring ECW is a bit much.

Edited by Zero

• 4 weeks later...

Already covered and without the need to go to some shitty, ad filled website.

Either way, since I didn't say this last time, Undertaker looks like his hair has been given the John Morrison treatment.

I think I missed it in the press release, are John Cena®, Undertaker®, Randy Orton®, Edge® and Rey Mysterio® going to be on the cover?

Yep, the cover of WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2010.

Featuring ECW®

That's another thing... can they please just start calling the franchise "WWE [Year]?" WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010: This Is Your World - Featuring ECW is a bit much.

I assume that it's just going to end up being called Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 just like the other games have been, in most outlets the other games have never really been referred to by subtitles.

I'll probably get the game just because I like having a wrestling game around to play. Hopefully they do some updating with the CAW feature and include the stuff from Legends of Wrestlemania. That game had some awesome stuff Svs.R didn't have.

I agree on the whole "WWE:2010" thing as well. A much better title especially since Samckdown & Raw really aren't at war anymore. Though they seem to keep including brand put downs by the commentators in the games.