Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

The best advantage I see in customisable attire is when someone goes through a gimmick change. The best example i can think of would be Jericho at the moment. in 2009 he was wearing the long trunks. If the attire was customisable then you could change him to the trunks and create his new attire instead of waiting for a patch that you had to pay to get the alternate (I'm looking at you Kane!)

But yeah, it's not a make or break addition.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about a story mode. The older Smackdowns for me were all about me, Ad and a friend or two rocking the Battle Royals or Ladder matches. We just haven't done that with the last few, I'm not sure why, but it's not as engaging. I think maybe it's just gotten stale, like Zero said the engine's ages old now and we've seen it all before. There's not really anything else to do, you can't stack weapons or anything, you can't create your own moves, I think it's gone as far as it's going to.

Edited by Dragonzord

For me, Story Mode and CAW is what makes or breaks a wrestling game for me. Id rather go through storymode first, and after I get things unlocked Ill toy around with exhibition matches. If the Story Mode and/or CAW sucks, I wont buy most likely.

I'd definitely agree with Dragsy's point of view. I absolutely loved SvR 2006 for its gameplay and I played it countless times with my friends back then. I put a lot of time into that game as well - I made CAWs for all the people I liked that weren't on the game and I unlocked all the belts and arenas and that sort of thing.

However, I don't think I've played any of the subsequent games for more than ten hours combined. It could just be the same old gameplay, or I might just have grown out of it. :/

Edited by Cnut the Great

For me it's more about the content like the rosters and everything. The story mode is obviously a big thing but I've never been big on CAWs, they take too long to do for me. I don't want a tremendously accurate guy, if I'm creating myself I don't care if my eyebrows aren't as long as they really are, stuff like that.

Plus they seem to keep flip flopping on how you can assign stats to your CAWs. From what I understand, 09 was back to having to play through with each character seperately? That would be annoying, especially if the season was repetitive like some of the past games.

It did for the PS3, but nothing for the 360. I don't ask much with Smackdown, I enjoy the game as a whole, but there are few things that annoy me about this years version (which I actually think has some of the best gameplay of any Smackdown). I'd like to see:

*Being freely able to assign stats to CAWs. If I create a CAW, I want to use them. I don't want to have to play through around two years worth of Career mode to get the CAW to around the 80/85 stat level, where they actually become usable. There are 30 CAW slots! There just isn't enough time.

*Abilities. The abilities are the way forward, and are a MASSIVE part of why this years game play is so good. This should continue, with a few more abilities added into the mix, And give us the CHOICE of assigning these abilities to CAWs as we create them, and the ability to add them to existing superstars, if we don't agree with them.

*Road to Wrestlemania. Loved this mode. Tailor made storylines for superstars. Add one generic one (for CAWS), another generic for superstars (or CAWS with middling stats), and another for generic tag teams, and it'd be perfect. Even the possibility of new storylines via DLC would be enough the get me buying.

*Create-A-Finisher. It was in, it was quite good for a first effort, now improve it. The ability to begin moves from the back, greater control on speeding up/slowing down animations to get the exact feel you want. Not a major overhaul, just little additions.

*Tournament Mode. Keep it! I'm worried this year it'll be removed, after being my favourite feature by far this year. It honestly doesn't need much doing to it at all, it works perfectly well.

*Highlight Reel. As with CAF, just improve it. Give us the ability to use Highlight Reels as Titantrons, and that'd be perfect.

*CAW mode. Improvements. PLEASE bring back the ability to copy and paste designs. I can't explain how much of a lifesaver that used to be, especially when creating quite a complex CAW.

*Movesets. I'd like to see ONE new addition to the options. Maybe an apron move, maybe a move you can select for your superstar to pull off when they are near the steel steps. Just something to customise wrestlers a little more, and have them feel a little less generic.

*Struggle Submissions. A good idea, well executed, now improve on it. More moves. It's rubbish only having about eight moves in the whole game that you'll ever get a tap-out from, especially when three/four of them are superstar finishers, and the rest are meaningless chinlocks and rest holds. I want to see Ankle locks, arm bars etc.

That turned into a little bit more of a rant than I was expecting, but that's what I want from the Smackdown game this year. I don't think any of these are unreasonable, or too difficult to implement. Those additions would certainly help me enjoy the game more than the rumoured "novelty controller" that's supposed to be coming with it.

Even the possibility of new storylines via DLC would be enough the get me buying.

Would be nice, if THQ/Yukes weren't so damn lazy. How long did it take to get out a pack featuring Charlie Haas, Evan Bourne, Super Crazy and Jericho in a speedo? Six months? So I wouldn't hold my breath on the idea of decent DLC.

I know it's just your hopes for the games, but they'll never release DLC that's as big as a new storyline for a yearly game like SDvRAW. There's just too much money to be had releasing one each year. That's always been the problem, too. Every so often they build on the last version of the game, but after a couple of games they "wipe the slate clean".

Whoever was complaining about the CAW system being too immersive and deep, it's a whole lot better than, say, UFC's Create A Fighter. I know it's only the first build of the game, but still.

Well, something they could also do is make one for an upper-midcarder or a main eventer who missed out on the storyline. Don't see what the problem, besides time, would be from this. Get maybe 7 bucks for a small pack of two storylines for that and gain some extra cash.

I've got no doubt that any DLC storylines would be "available from release" (meaning they'd be out a few months later), so everyone who bought the game can download them straight away and the storylines will more than likely have been created as part of the game, rather than an addition to it. THQ/Yukes don't have to do any more work, and can get on with next years game.

Not to mention that I would presume that they'd have done the voice-over recordings well in advance, rather than just dropping the WWE a line 3 months later to say "Hey, yeah, we've got a DLC storyline idea for MVP. When can we get him to our recording studio?"