Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

The Bellas are in but not Zack Ryder?

The Bellas have been around for about a year now, whereas Ryder didn't start doing his Strong Island gimmick until May. With the game coming out a month earlier than usual, they probably had to institute an earlier cutoff date.

So this year looks like it's finally not just Smackdown #XX and actually a new standalone entry.

I think that hinges on how good this Create-a-Storyline mode is. If it's the culmination of the GM Mode concept, then I think you'll be right.

I can't remember what year actually the GM Mode was first implemented but I enjoyed it a lot.

Brand Warfare, has there been any information on this yet?

Hopefully the Create-A-Storyline functions well. There's so much opportunity for this to be the best wrestling game thus far, but like Zero said it really will hinge on how well the new features work out.

EDIT - Eww. Why is the momentum bar underneath the wrestlers now? It reminds me of Watchmen : The End Is The Nigh.

Edited by Captain Eo

• Admin

I've heard Brand Warfare will focus on Cena & Triple H, take that for what it's worth

More interestingly, over on the IGN message board someone posted links to renders to Ted DiBiase Sr, Vince McMahon, Dusty Rhodes & Bob Orton Sr. on the SVR website - they've been taken down since, but could be a hint at some of the Unlockables.

I've heard Brand Warfare will focus on Cena & Triple H, take that for what it's worth

More interestingly, over on the IGN message board someone posted links to renders to Ted DiBiase Sr, Vince McMahon, Dusty Rhodes & Bob Orton Sr. on the SVR website - they've been taken down since, but could be a hint at some of the Unlockables.

You might be onto something RW, Because I think the achievement picture for the Brand Warfare storyline was two logo's was something similar to t-shirt designs for Cena and HHH.

+2klEg==.jpg

Although those logo's look like it's going to be The Hammers vs Hot Lesbian Action

• Like 1

Theres a great preview article in this money Game Informer about the game..how they try to work choices into it. Like you see someone getting attacked in the parking lot. If you help them or help attack them it sways your relationship etc..sounds good

What was the last WWE game that had a relationship system? I recall Raw 2 had something like that.

I saw this in my local GAME catalogue and thought I'd share, Obviously you get Vince's Office and Dirt Sheet in storyline maker mode.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2im145k.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to see them not only bring back the relationship system, but also the ability to make choices at certain points in the game that affect your matches, not necessarily storylines. Like deciding what type of a match to face your opponent in at Wrestlemania rather than it depending on what brand you're on.

My only gripe is I'm not thrilled at all with the absence of a damage meter. I like the damage affecting how a wrestler moves and performs, but no meter telling you how badly their damaged kind of sucks.

Well, they are going for as realistic a feel as possible so the no damage meter is fine by me. But, the AI better be fixed to where I have to just break a sweat to take down an opponent on legend difficulty. But yeah, already got my $5 down at Game Stop so looks like I'll be getting Stone Cold.

• Admin

Apparently Steve Austin will only be available to those who pre-order, and is not an unlockable in the game nor will he be made available as DLC.

However, The Rock will be available - not sure if they mean he's just an unlockable and the pre-order code unlocks him (like Ric Flair last year) or if he will be DLC later on.

:/

That just seems ridiculous to me, to have a part of the game effectively locked away forever.

I wouldn't care about The Rock...but now I'm umming and ahhing about whether I need to get the game from wherever it is that gives Austin away. Although actually, I can no longer remember where that is. ¬_¬

Curse you GAME and your money-thievery!

Annoyingly, the October/November rush of new games comes at exactly the time where I'll have to be working late/on weekends and thus have no time to play them. Clearly, come the passing of the final deadline on December 1st, I shall simply have to say "I'M GOING HOME TO PLAY GAMES"...and just bugger off on holiday for the rest of the month. :shifty:

They just did a live chat with one of the developers on WWE.com... complete waste of time. Absolutely no new info, the questions that were taken were all bullshit that's been known for months or stuff they "couldn't talk about right now." Why not? The game comes out in three weeks, wouldn't you want people to know as much as they can about the game so they might actually want to buy it? Especially after last year's disastrous sales?

Well, it is a Smackdown game, which automatically gives it a 50% chance of sucking. I don't know how they could possibly screw this up after introducing all these customization options, but they usually seem to find a way. The core gameplay is as good as it's going to get, so really it's just a matter of features and restrictions. Probably going to be one of those cases of THQ taking one step forward and 87 steps back.

• Like 1