Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

Excellent, been waiting for that since it was in the Xbox RAW games, specifically just 2 I think.

Ruks, we never did have a crack at the 2007 achievements. I've got like 5 messages in the past month or so from people about 2008 though. Stupid kids.

Poo on 2007! 2008 online was laggy enough, I am fearful of what 2007 would be.

I am going to assume that it will have trophies, and if not then they will possibly patch it ala Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The Brand Warfare storyline seems rather intriguing if it is what someone else speculated and I myself am speculating. Edge and Orton(here's to a legend killer storyline or something along those lines) getting storylines are a plus, and an HBK storyline is just awesome in my book. Man why does it still have to be a month-plus until release?

I was going to buy this anyway as I always do, but this is getting better and better. The story maker and the 'superstar threads' along with the community were all great additions. I love that the Scramble match has been added, should be good fun. Also I'm sure its been mentioned that the Rumble match has been revamped so that should be cool.

The RTWM's look good. Just about everything they missed from last time, heels, a Diva, a CAW story and whatever this 'Brand Wars' may be, surely can't be bad.

Colour me hyped.

I just looked over the features on the game's website. As a Wii owner, I'm disappointed that we're getting the shaft again on features that should fall under the capabilities of the system. The Wii will not have the features of redesigned create-a-superstar, online sharing, and the ability to change the outfits of superstars. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall. The only positive thing I can report for the Wii is that they're ditching motion controls and going back to classic controls which will allow the use of a GameCube controller or a Classic controller.

To me, it seems like motion control would really be the only thing about getting it on the Wii. Otherwise, it sounds like it's basically going to be a PS2 version of the game.

Anyway, all this news really gets me hyped up. The entrance video thing is something so small, but so rad, too. Of course, I'll probably end up buying this game like I always do. My only hope is that it actually lasts more than a month. The features make it seem like it could, now let's just hope it's fun to play. I don't expect a FULL-OUT SIMULATION OF WRESTLING, like say Fire Pro can be at times, but if it can even just straddle a line between arcadey and simulation, be a fun single player game, and create some really memorable matches like Fire Pro has done for me, I'm sold. Undoubtedly, the Smackdown games have always been fun local multiplayer games even if they weren't amazing single player games, but aside from a few exceptions (2006, HCTP, SYM, 2009 kinda) they've never really been too amazing single player. Again, hopefully that'll change.

Just in case anyone was interested, they're going to reveal the full roster tonight I believe. (Starting at like, midnight GMT)

Was watching some videos for this earlier on the offical website, the story creation mode looks like everything I've ever wanted for a WWE Game. Also apparently one of the rosters available is WCW!? I doubt we'll get many secret characters because most of anyone that was a main player in WCW that the younger fans will remember is TNA now, so it's unlikely they'd be featured in the game, but still. I also read that Legends is a category, so looks like there may be some other than just Austin and Rock. (also, apparently, Rock is possible to unlock at a later date where as Austin isn't without the code?)

Full Roster:

SMACKDOWN

---------

Batista

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

Dolph Ziggler

Edge

Finlay

Jeff Hardy

Jesse

John Morrisson

JTG

Kane

Matt Hardy

Mike Knox

Rey Mysterio

R-Truth

Shad

The Brian Kendrick

The Great Khali

The Undertaker

Umaga

RAW

---

Big Show

Carlito

Chavo Guerrero

Cody Rhodes

Evan Bourne

Festus

Jack Swagger

JBL

John Cena

Kofi Kingston

Mark Henry

Mr Kennedy

MVP

Primo

Randy Orton

Santino Marella

Shawn Micheals

Ted DiBiase

The Miz

Triple H

ECW

---

Christian

Ezekiel Jackson

Goldust

Shelton Benjamin

Tommy Dreamer

Vladimir Kozlov

William Regal

DIVA

----

Beth Phoenix

Brie Bella

Eve

Gail Kim

Kelly Kelly

Maria

Maryse

Melina

Michelle McCool

Mickie James

Natalya

Nikki Bella

Rumor is there will be some unlockables as well. Hopefully that includes the Hart Dynasty & Zack Ryder.

The roster looks really good. Not to mention they'll more than likely have the DLC stuff again this year and possibly an unlockable or two. I don't think it'll be as big of a deal with you being able to download people instantly online, so I think that'll add greatly to this roster.

Great side of things to the diva section.

I hate being 'that guy', but sources? I mean, it's conceivable, but still.

Never mind on Yoshi, I read it from wikipedia on the SVR2010 page, but it turned out to be BS. But hopefully they do end up having one of those wrestlers I mentioned as downloadable content, I mean, The Bellas are in but not Zack Ryder?