Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

The new Royal Rumble is an ass-kicker. I start off as Jericho against Finlay, Chavo comes down at #3 and they team up and immediately toss me out! I return at #5 with... Randy Orton (just my luck). But me and Randy somehow hang onto the end with the final four of Undertaker, Christian, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Everyone gangs up on the Undertaker, he's out; me, Christian and Austin go back and forth for what feels like forever, I finally eliminate Christian and then there were two. Austin puts up a hell of an effort, but in a total shocker, Randy eliminates Stone Cold after tossing him into an exposed turnbuckle and dumping him over the top! My arm hurts now.

This game definitely has its issues with needless restrictions on CAWs and things involving CAWs, but overall, I'm having a blast.

The new Royal Rumble is an ass-kicker. I start off as Jericho against Finlay, Chavo comes down at #3 and they team up and immediately toss me out! I return at #5 with... Randy Orton (just my luck). But me and Randy somehow hang onto the end with the final four of Undertaker, Christian, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Everyone gangs up on the Undertaker, he's out; me, Christian and Austin go back and forth for what feels like forever, I finally eliminate Christian and then there were two. Austin puts up a hell of an effort, but in a total shocker, Randy eliminates Stone Cold after tossing him into an exposed turnbuckle and dumping him over the top! My arm hurts now.

This game definitely has its issues with needless restrictions on CAWs and things involving CAWs, but overall, I'm having a blast.

The people demand an atleast somewhat in depth review from Kick Out!! Wrestling!

I cannot wait to pick this game up, I just wish I didn't have to wait till friday, as not only am I not sure I get paid that day, so it might not be till sunday, but I also have work all day Sat/Sun, and if it IS on Friday, my mate who went off to university is coming down to visit so I probably won't get the chance to play it when I get it.

How's the Championship Scramble? Is it hard to win? That's oddly enough one of the match types I'm looking forward too the most.

That is one ugly ass tattoo :shifty:

You're one ugly-ass man.

Anyway, love the game. I think this'll be the first Smackdown I don't get sick of after a month since 2006 and customization has a big role to play in that. However, I wouldn't give a damn if the game sucked, and it doesn't. It's still not absolutely perfect, but it's fun, and probably the best the engine can get as far as gameplay goes. There's a buttload of new moves, and playing with superstars who weren't in last year's game, or superstars who've even altered their movesets slightly is hella fun.

Oh, and the CAW system is interesting. It's rad how designs and letters and such take up no alotted points whatsoever, meaning you can really go all out when trying to recreate someone's attire. That's goodf stuff. I'm also excited by the myriad of old school wrestler gear in the game, along with the Misawa tights. Yoshi Tatsu, here I come. Eventually. Actually, his moves are in the game, too, from what I've been able to see. :)

How's the Championship Scramble? Is it hard to win? That's oddly enough one of the match types I'm looking forward too the most.

The Scramble is obscenely tough. I've played three 20-minute Scrambles so far and they've all ended in a draw because no one can score a fall. It gets especially tough when there are three or five men in the ring, because there's always an odd man out who can easily run and break up a pin.

Oh and the Royal Rumble on Legend is pretty much impossible.

I cannot get past the first match in the CAW Road to Wrestlemania. That four way which turns into a five way, just cannot do it. I must have spent an hour on it last night trying to beat it. Anyone have any tips?

i suggest you running and slamming people down with your run attack.

if you got hammer throw use it and throw em outside.

just keep 1 with you in the ring wail on him and when you got a finisher use it on the poor sod and hammer throw the rest out the ring.

Are we going to attempt a tourny that will eventually fail?

I'd be more than happy to do it again, but only if people are serious about it. I dunno what happened last year, things were going great then everyone just stopped. If there's demand for it, I'm all for it.

I cannot get past the first match in the CAW Road to Wrestlemania. That four way which turns into a five way, just cannot do it. I must have spent an hour on it last night trying to beat it. Anyone have any tips?

i suggest you running and slamming people down with your run attack.

if you got hammer throw use it and throw em outside.

just keep 1 with you in the ring wail on him and when you got a finisher use it on the poor sod and hammer throw the rest out the ring.

I just kicked the crap out of everyone, and ended up winning after whipping Kane/Santino into one corner, and JoMo/Kofi into the other.

Then again, I had relatively little trouble with the Kozlov/Jackson Backstage Brawl before that match, while my cousins had to retry it at least three times.

Anyone else go through the Superstar Management section and fit everything to be current (like putting released/endeavored workers in Free Agents, fixing up the brand affiliation for guys like Batista, making Austin a Legend, etc.)

Edited by TenaciousG

Are we going to attempt a tourny that will eventually fail?

I'd be more than happy to do it again, but only if people are serious about it. I dunno what happened last year, things were going great then everyone just stopped. If there's demand for it, I'm all for it.

Well, I actually bougth the game this year...and I know you and Will both have it for 360, Eddie and Fitzy might get it....if we can't do a tourny, at least we can have some fun Fatal-Fourways.