Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

Just won my first Royal Rumble - Fun fun. It's a lot easier than before, like, I think the most people I had in at one time was four - Myself (Christian), Undertaker, Kane and Mike Knox. Gonna try the Scramble next & I've started work on a Jeff Hardy storyline that's based around his feud with CM Punk, except without him leaving in the end.

Chalk me up as another who hasn't found the "perfect" way to play just yet. I put the reversal sliders down a bit on hard and it was still a bit easy. May well try what's suggested above next.

I got the Royal Rumble trophy from entry 1 on my first attempt, on normal, with Triple H. Really like how it seems more like a Rumble match now. It's not AMAZING by any means, but the best in any SD game I would say.

I also got the Championship Scramble trophies at the 3rd time of asking, and the first time on the maximum of 20 minutes. Entered at number 1 and got a pinfall before any of the later entrants entered the match. There were no other falls afterwards, so I picked up a silver for becoming the temporary champ then holding onto it, and the gold for successfully defending the title in the scramble. It had to be on legend to get that. One minor gripe is the lack of theme music when the others are entering into the match, like there is with the Rumble.

The Scramble just seems a bit...meh to me. If there was an extra guy in the match, it'd be a bit more exciting due to more falls possibly taking place because of everyone being "tied up" as it were with someone. As it stands, there's always at least one person free to break up the cover. It rarely gets to the count of 1, let alone fucking 3... >_>

Any tips for working through the training checklist thingy? I've done quite a few, but have come to the stage now where no others are showing up for me, whatever position I'm standing in. I can't seem to do the signature moves to check those off in the training either. There's also another where you've got to get onto the apron and (I think it's leapfrog, anyway) use LS+square onto a standing opponent. Again, this is another that isn't even showing when the oppo is standing inside or outside the ring. I got annoyed with it in the end, and have already resigned to not being able to complete this part of the game unless I'm doing something wrong. Even moving my opponent to the hard AI setting for a bit didn't even set up some of the reversals I need, which are hard anyway.

Overall though I do like the game, just annoyed that after downloading an AJ Styles, I couldn't give him his proper music which is on my HDD. When people upload these CAW's, can they put custom music in for their creation (so there might be some posted which have proper music, in other words) or must they use one of the ones already in the game?

Edited by Baddar D

Custom music cannot go online... copyright issues and all that. And for whatever reason, you can't edit anything on downloaded CAWs, which is possibly the dumbest needless restriction in any Smackdown game; and in a series famous for needless restrictions, that's saying something.

I can only assume so you don't take someone elses work and pass it off as your own, but, even if you did, what's the harm?

Speaking of music, which ones need updating? Gonna make a CD and put some newer stuff one. I noticed Evan Bourne has his old theme, plus was gonna stick on Big Show/Jericho, any others?

Yeah thought as much.

It makes the inability to edit CAW's even more of a problem. The only way to make a CAW perfect, as if he's in the game is to give that person the right theme music. The option to tweak things and edit that in ourselves should be there, to be honest.

I guess the only way to give our CAW's the music we want is to just create them ourselves, the old fashioned way. It takes a lot of time though, and using other people's creations is something that really should've taken away the issue.

EDIT: Oh yeah, music.

Jericho still has his really old WWF Volume 4 music, despite using a slightly modified version nowadays. No idea why that isn't in the game to be honest.

The only change I've made is I've given Triple H the "My Time" music, because...well, it's wonderful. wub.gif

Edited by Baddar D

I think that problem could be solved by not letting people re-upload any downloaded content.

As for music: Evan Bourne, JeriShow, Primo, Natalya (I think? not sure), MVP (just needs the opening cut out), Jesse (but he needs his entire gimmick overhauled).

Unlockable spoiler:

I haven't unlocked Big Zeke yet, so I don't know if his music is up to date

Talking of unlockables...

There's a trophy (and I assume achievement for 360) for unlocking everyone/everything. Do you unlock everything through the RTWM mode only or do you need to play through the Career mode for some of them too?

And there's another for having a superstar sent into the HoF. Again, which mode is this achieved with?

Thanks fellas.

As soon as anyone finds out what the secret trophies/achievements are, post them here. PS3trophies.org has the list like a few other sites, but no secret ones confirmed. hmm.gif

EDIT: Oh, and Zero, could you PLEASE change the thread title to include the actual tagline to go with the game. The current (wrong) one is annoying me. shifty.gif

Edited by Baddar D

Thanks fellas.

As soon as anyone finds out what the secret trophies/achievements are, post them here. PS3trophies.org has the list like a few other sites, but no secret ones confirmed. hmm.gif

EDIT: Oh, and Zero, could you PLEASE change the thread title to include the actual tagline to go with the game. The current (wrong) one annoying me. shifty.gif

The secret ones are: Create a wrestler, create a paint tool thingy, and counter 20 (or is it 50?) and then 100 times.

So I messed around with the create-a-story for the first time today. Made my friend Joe a nice little Jeff Hardy story since he's a big fan. Basically Matt attacks Jeff, and starts talking about how he's simply following orders. Matt and Jeff have a pay per view match that ends with Christian and Edge attacking Jeff. The trio continue to make Jeff's life a living hell until No Way Out when it is revealed that Jimmy King (CAW) has assembled a new Royal Court (Matt, Christian, Edge) and wants the World Heavyweight Championship.

I rented this yesterday and it seems like it's good so far.

I cannot express into words how happy I am to see what the CAW mode has become, The 3D parts are really sick looking and the points thing isn't so bad, Quite honestly.

It might be just me but It does seem that the gameplay is more slower and sluggish than other games in recent years, I might get used to it yet, Who knows.

I'm enjoying most of the new moves but I feel like they've taken out a whole load of submissions, Where is my Guillotine Choke?

I've the CAW and the Edge RTWM's so far and I'm currently doing the Brand Wars RTWM.

- The CAW RTWM is wonderfully wacky, I chose voice 5 for my CAW and I don't know if it's the same for the other voices, But I think my choice in voice made the story even funnier.

- Edge's RTWM is good too, A little predictable though although (And big Edge Road to Wrestlemainia Spoilers coming up, Under this)

I quite enjoyed the swerve towards the end of the story though, It was unexpected and enjoyable

-I'll edit this bullet point when I'm done with Brand Wars.

I'll get some more thoughts in here later.

Now there's a sense of achievement: in Mickie's RTWM...

beating Michelle McCool in the "3 minutes or under" optional challenge with 0:01 left on the clock!

This Natalya thing just feels so unnatural though. I know it's just going a bit Trish/Mickie V2...but they chose Natalya for it? Really?

So I messed around with the create-a-story for the first time today. Made my friend Joe a nice little Jeff Hardy story since he's a big fan. Basically Matt attacks Jeff, and starts talking about how he's simply following orders. Matt and Jeff have a pay per view match that ends with Christian and Edge attacking Jeff. The trio continue to make Jeff's life a living hell until No Way Out when it is revealed that Jimmy King (CAW) has assembled a new Royal Court (Matt, Christian, Edge) and wants the World Heavyweight Championship.

Wasn't Jimmy King one of the guys in "Ready 2 Rumble"...I think oliver platts character