Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

How's the Championship Scramble? Is it hard to win? That's oddly enough one of the match types I'm looking forward too the most.

The Scramble is obscenely tough. I've played three 20-minute Scrambles so far and they've all ended in a draw because no one can score a fall. It gets especially tough when there are three or five men in the ring, because there's always an odd man out who can easily run and break up a pin.

Oh and the Royal Rumble on Legend is pretty much impossible.

I find the best way to do the Scramble is just to be one of the first entrants, try and score a win in the first five minutes, and just make sure that nobody gets a fall. I had a pretty decent one last night (Orton vs. Cena vs. Bourne vs. Batista vs. Swagger for the WWE Championship) where I was able to pin Orton in the first five minutes (playing as Bourne, mind you), but Batista eventually submitted him with a bearhug, and then Cena managed to score a fall somewhere, and it ended up with him winning.

I also did a Diva Scramble (Melina vs. Kelly vs. Maryse vs. Brie Bella vs. Gail Kim), set for five minutes. Didn't know that the match starts with no designated champion, so it ended in a draw. <_<

Well, I actually bougth the game this year...and I know you and Will both have it for 360, Eddie and Fitzy might get it....if we can't do a tourny, at least we can have some fun Fatal-Fourways.

Yeah I already have it and been playing the Brand storyline.

And yeah like Maxx said, the blood is great. I like how it actually stays on the mat and in the hair. And it even goes on the opponents body in splatters which is cool.

I really wasn't that bothered about this and wasn't planning on picking it up at all until I started reading this topic 2 days ago and it reminded me that I did actually really enjoy 2009 while it lasted, despite some bits that annoyed me. So it's out tomorrow here and I'm gonna pick it up coming home from work, probably from Tesco since it's en route.

I'm not gonna read anymore now because it'll only make me want to play it this second. :P

You get a calender and you build the storyline on each show. You put in the interviews, confrontations, backstage antics and matches you want for however long you want the story to go on for. Then you play it and you see all the segments you built and then play the matches you put in. You can set it so that certain wrestlers have to win the matches for the story to continue. It comes out kind of like how No Mercy's story mode was, except you can base the entire thing around Primo being mad that the chili Festus gave him made him shit his pants.

i found out that gimmick matches are actually quite tougher than normal 1 on 1 matches.

i had a couple of normal matches and i kicked the shit out of kendrick with swagga.

then i had a HIAC and a cage match with the same guys and it actually was a very tightly contested back and forth match.

i got reversed multiple times and i only hit one finisher the whole match. that being the end :)

i did his sig move and it gave me a immediate finisher :) got reversed first time kicked kendrick in the gut and slammed him into oblivion =D

me myself got driven through the top of the cage.

i played on normal through those fights

-----

in the previous versions it was mostly a cakewalk for me even on the highest difficulty mode.

• Like 1

Two things I am currently excited about;

1: Assigning abilities instead of earning them.

2: Say I do an elbow drop from the top rope and the guy is already stood up.. it actually knocks them down as if they got a flying elbow across the throat.

Man, fuck yeah on #2! I love doing the Lionsault and hitting a standing opponent.

So, normal mode? Too easy. I did the Royal Rumble, #1 as John Cena...for the first 15-20 wrestlers I would throw them out before anyone else got into the ring. After that, I just let them pile in so that I could have fun.

Moving up to Hard, they reverse grapple attacks TOO. FUCKING. MUCH.

Yeah you really need to adjust the sliders this year. Right now I'm on hard with all the reversals knocked down one notch I think. I still get reversed but I can actually get offense in as well. Actually it seems like you'll go through periods where nothing works and then you'll finally hit something and it's all offense. Making it more like a real match. I had a crazy back and forth match between Kozlov and Christian last night. Probably lasted 15 minutes or so.

To be honest, I'd rather have the RR be really easy than really hard, as it shouldn't be too difficult to up the difficulty, where as when it's already hard on normal mode, it's also harder to make it easier.

That sentence confused me a little. Tomorrow seems so far away right now. :(

On that subject, Maria's breasts in Edge's RTWM are absolutely terrifying. They're not bouncing, it's like there's something under her shirt that's trying to escape. I'm immediately reminded of the end of the South Park episode "Asspen."