The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

We missed a last minute penalty again today, like we did last Saturday. That's the difference between 2 points and 0 points. Of course we're in a bad position, but to write us off after four games is ridiculous. Alright, I know I wrote us off after two games, but I'm allowed, you lot aren't cos you know nowt about us <_<

And that's Grimsby Town with their first victory on the board! Bury have really lost it if they're losing to us. :P

Think positive GA, its not that Bury have lost it, its just our team is finally jelling and we are now onwards and upwards to Grimsby Town - mid-table mediocrity <_<

I'm kicking myself for not getting a season ticket this season. :( Would have adored watching us pump team after team at home this season. :shifty: But no, we'll 90% be up next season and be back to our 'normal ways'. :(

We're too good to die![/delusion]

I'm just hoping something is sorted by tomorrow and we can actually try to get some players in. We're doing well now, but the squad's paper thin.

The start of the season has been nice, although with these wins and goals all of the Sky Sports News Geordies are getting annoying again.

I'm not sure we're sustainable with fatigue problems alone. Even if we don't get a single injury this season we'll still end up with players who haven't had a rest and will rapidly drop in form.

Boro have a bigger squad, but at the moment, us at Newcastle have a squad marginally bigger than Portsmouth.

And if the rumours are true about Collocini, Jonas, Butt, and Taylor leaving are true then we are completely fucked.

So you should be YI, I'm already enjoying this year more than the 5 previous seasons since my poor student lifestyle ended and I could actually go regularly. Cheaper ticket prices mean I'm also getting to away and cup games, fun fun fun, even went to the first game of the season at the Boro due to a mate having (alleged) swine flu. Plus most of our away games are on TV, we're nearly always on TFLS first (not last night though, shame on you BBC), and they've kindly shifted the Leicester game from Leeds weekend to the Monday after, just for me! The Championship rules!

IAceI, would you really rather us be in different leagues? I was praying for Hull and Blackburn to be caught up just on the fact that the Sunderland and Boro (yes, its not a derby, but its still more than a normal game) matches are the highlights of my season. Surely you can't get excited by Mackems versus Hull as the Premiership NE derby?

No. I honestly aren't too bothered Newcastle got relegated; you'll be back and we'll play each other many times. Just after being relegated and been shown no pity (as I'd expect), it's nice to do exactly the same back. Although all I've got is being told by other people "haways man it's not that funny, it's actually quite sad" more or less.

You'll be back, probably next season at this rate, so I'll enjoy this season while I can.

I'm now half hoping Newcastle do go back up, because it's so annoying watching the BBC & Sky treat this division as 'The Newcastle League w/23 Others'. I had this shit with Leeds in 2007/08, and it's just stupid. Feature some different bloody teams, BBC's live games have 5 of the first 6 featuring Newcastle, what's the point? I'm amazed they kicked off at the same time as everyone else yesterday.

I've found that as well, despite being relegated to the Championship they're still treat as a bigger team than half the Premiership.

I like the Championship and I'd quite like to even just hear about some of the other teams that are doing well (Cardiff etc.) let alonethe rest of the teams in the Championship.

I'm now half hoping Newcastle do go back up, because it's so annoying watching the BBC & Sky treat this division as 'The Newcastle League w/23 Others'. I had this shit with Leeds in 2007/08, and it's just stupid. Feature some different bloody teams, BBC's live games have 5 of the first 6 featuring Newcastle, what's the point?

Well, 2, but whos counting eh? Put it this way, I hate ruddy 5:30 kickoffs, they were bad enough in the Premiership, count your blessings and enjoy your 3 o clock starts.

I am so insanely pissed off with Mike Ashley at the moment, just when we thought we might have just a week to fix our squad he decides to delay the deadline until next week. Which means, if the embargo is correct, we will have 24 hours in which we need to bring in about 5 players.

Sol Campbell was rumoured to be going to Newcastle and was spotted at St James's park a while ago... but it looks like the stupid delay in finalising ANYTHING has meant that he's now going to be at Notts County.

I was willing to stand up for Ashley for some time, but this is the final straw. If he's managed to delay such an important change in ownership in order to recoup the full valuation of the club then he's completely fucked us up, Moat has been in contact/rumoured to be buying the club MONTHS AGO and now it may end up being done 24 hours before the transfer window closes after many departures?

I can understand Ashley wanting rid of the club, but it really seems like he's trying to shift something that will decline rapidly in value BECAUSE of the way he's handled the situation. I honestly hope the takeover fails, because he's going to bank a load of money for fucking up an entire football team, and if he's going to ruin a club I hope his reputation/finances etc. gets dragged down with us.

R.I.P Newcastle ¬_¬

(I know that most other clubs have situations far worse than ours, and we don't deserve anything different... but this could have been handled far better and prevented months ago)

Edited by The General

I'm now half hoping Newcastle do go back up, because it's so annoying watching the BBC & Sky treat this division as 'The Newcastle League w/23 Others'. I had this shit with Leeds in 2007/08, and it's just stupid. Feature some different bloody teams, BBC's live games have 5 of the first 6 featuring Newcastle, what's the point?

Well, 2, but whos counting eh? Put it this way, I hate ruddy 5:30 kickoffs, they were bad enough in the Premiership, count your blessings and enjoy your 3 o clock starts.

I don't mind kicking off at that time, we're always at home when we're on anyway. Small teams like us could do with some more TV revenue, we were only on twice last season, you're lot have already been on twice after two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In other more important news, my much loved AFC Bournemouth are top of League Two with a transfer embargo, a assistant manager regulary making up a 3 or 4 man bench and being without our captain, our vice-captain and our vice, vice-captain for most of the season. Fun.

Next on our hitlist: Darlington. You're going down Windass, you'll regret biting off part of Marcus Browning's ear! (yes, that did actually happen)