The England thread

Hodgson said that he'll call up Luke Shaw and/or James Chambers from the U21s if needs be.

I don't see why he just doesn't call up some other defenders. I'm sure there are some out there. :shifty:

I can't believe how few players we have full stop. Our second choice team would be absolutely shocking, if we work on Thrilla's team it'd look something like: Forster, Clyne, Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Townsend, Milner, Delph, Shelvey, Ox, Lambert.

Hodgson said that he'll call up Luke Shaw and/or James Chambers from the U21s if needs be.

I don't see why he just doesn't call up some other defenders. I'm sure there are some out there. :shifty:

_75450015_chambers_emp.jpg

Get him called up, just what England needs at right back. His twin brother Adam isn't half bad either.

Stupid Rafa, he plays for West Brom.

Only Ben Foster plays for England and West Brom, and that's only because England's fourth choice goalkeeper is Ellis.

On a serious note, I'd rather see the likes of Berahino and Chambers in the U21s. One of the things we don't do is blend these youngsters together well enough as a team before they hit the senior first XI. We put too many into the senior set-up perhaps too early and then they don't get the experience of regular appearances for the U21s, particularly in tournaments. It's better for players like Berahino, Shaw and Chambers to play in this play-off match with Croatia together than for 15 minutes against San Marino for the senior side.

• Like 1