The England thread

Richardson is quite awesome I think. He's got some great potential as well if you ask me. Without him I'd say West Brom would have gone down too, so it's great to see him playing for England.

Thank god USA didn't win, we'd never hear the end of it if they had.

I'm sure that little Welsh bloke called Earnshaw had nothing to do with it, since he scored half thier goals since they got him, pretty much >_>

Since I missed the second half, how did Knight play, or did he do fuck all (as I guess)?

Richardson is quite awesome I think. He's got some great potential as well if you ask me. Without him I'd say West Brom would have gone down too, so it's great to see him playing for England.

I'm sure that little Welsh bloke called Earnshaw had nothing to do with it, since he scored half thier goals since they got him, pretty much >_>

Richardson was one of the key figures of WBA's survival, scored some important goals and played really well. Sure, Earnshaw was another key player, but their survival wasn't due to one player. They had some great team performances.

Anyway, I missed the second half of the game, fell asleep at half time :P

Richardson's goals were decent, I thought Carrick put in a decent performance, too. The sooner Robinson's fit, the better.

Richardson was one of the key figures of WBA's survival, scored some important goals and played really well. Sure, Earnshaw was another key player, but their survival wasn't due to one player. They had some great team performances.

Richardson's goals were decent, I thought Carrick put in a decent performance, too. The sooner Robinson's fit, the better.

I wasn't saying it was based on one person, but JP said that Richardson kept them up. My basic point was that Earnshaw's goals generally got them points (including the 1 hat trick he got). So, if anything, they should be bowing down to him, more than Richardson, as they always had a decent team, but lacked a striker.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

I wasn't saying it was based on one person, but JP said that Richardson kept them up. My basic point was that Earnshaw's goals generally got them points (including the 1 hat trick he got). So, if anything, they should be bowing down to him, more than Richardson, as they always had a decent team, but lacked a striker.

I was just giving my opinion on it, not saying what you said was wrong or anything (Y)

Maybe I worded it wrong. I kinda meant he was one of the key players to keep them up, which he really was. Towards the end of the season I thought he was awesome, and I hope he stays with them too. At United he never got a real chance if you ask me. He's not like wow amazing, but for his age he's really damn good and has some great speed as well. Give him a few years and he could be a top class player if you ask me.

True but I hope he don't go back to United. They gave him a few games at times but not really many. Yet once he went to West Brom he started to shine much more, so I'd much rather see him stay at a lower club where he is basically guranteed a start instead of being left on the bench and stuff.

He might go back to United, but personally I don't think he will do. Both goals were quite nice actually, really good start for him. I thought the game was quite boring though.

In response to an earlier question, I thought Knight played reasonably well. Nearly killed I think it was Clint Dempsey on one tackle, albeit was clean. I thought we played pretty shittily. Our defense, especially Pope was kind of spotty but I was quite surprised with how well Josh Wolff played on the left, he seemed to be a real sparkplug out there for us and I hope he gets a few more looks in the squad.

The best option for Richardson is to spend another season at West Brom and then go back to United if Ferguson is ssuitably imperessed, IMO.

I thought it was quite funny when one of the American players, whose name I don't know, but he was the number 12, started pushing and shoving with Glen Johnson. He was getting hauled away shouting "Fuck you! Fuck you, bitch!". You don't see that very often.

Edited by Turbonegro

The best option for Richardson is to spend another season at West Brom and then go back to United if Ferguson is ssuitably imperessed, IMO.

I thought it was quite funny when one of the American players, whose name I don't know, but he was the number 12, started pushing and shoving with Glen Johnson.  He was getting hauled away shouting "Fuck you! Fuck you, bitch!".  You don't see that very often.

He had a good debut and now he's saying he should be starting for Man Utd! I probably wouldn't even have him on the bench. He should stay at West Brom and see if they can survive next season and then maybe go to a somebody like Birmingham (don't know why I thought of them).

I don't know how many more times he'll get put in the squad considering the amount of regulars missing and even then he came in as a reserve. Doubt he'll make the World Cup squad.

Why just not bring back B Team internationals?

Richardson? Knight? Young? Green? Great... I've got an idea - let's promote football/soccer in the US, by bringing Charlton's first choice right back!

Wow, we beat a shitty team - a team who, granted, are 10th in the world, but when your best opposition consists of Trinidad, Canada and Mexico of course you're going to win.

Despite claims that Richardson has been unearthed, there is still no point in this tour. He's not needed in the England Squad, Sven claims he's decided 18 players already, and they'll probably the only one's who'll play - so it's really a pointless exercise.

Go Carrick, Crouch and AJ though.

England team to face Colombia: James, P Neville, G Johnson, Knight, A Cole, Beckham (capt), Jenas, Carrick, J Cole, Crouch, Owen.

Good to see Carrick and Jenas getting another game in midfield. Why isn't Sven giving Defoe a chance? I would have thought he would start one of the games.

Why just not bring back B Team internationals?

Richardson? Knight? Young? Green? Great... I've got an idea - let's promote football/soccer in the US, by bringing Charlton's first choice right back!

Wow, we beat a shitty team - a team who, granted, are 10th in the world, but when your best opposition consists of Trinidad, Canada and Mexico of course you're going to win.

Despite claims that Richardson has been unearthed, there is still no point in this tour. He's not needed in the England Squad, Sven claims he's decided 18 players already, and they'll probably the only one's who'll play - so it's really a pointless exercise.

Go Carrick, Crouch and AJ though.

England team to face Colombia: James, P Neville, G Johnson, Knight, A Cole, Beckham (capt), Jenas, Carrick, J Cole, Crouch, Owen. 

Good to see Carrick and Jenas getting another game in midfield. Why isn't Sven giving Defoe a chance? I would have thought he would start one of the games.

Well with Owen and Crocuh up front it gives us a chance to play with a different system in theory. But then, for me Defoe should of played against the USA.