The England thread

He didn't do much against Chelsea in the Champions League, he only gets picked because he plays for Bayern Munich in my opinion. Seeing as the majority are complaining about a weak team etc, What do you think is Englands strongest line up? I'd go with:

GK: Paul Robinson

DL: Ashley Cole

DR: Jamie Carragher

CB: Rio Ferdinand

CB: Sol Campbell

MR: David Beckham

MC: Frank Lampard

MC: Steven Gerrard

ML: Joe Cole

FC: Wayne Rooney

FC: Michael Owen

For some reason, I think Terry looks pretty average when he plays for England, whereas Campbell is more experienced.

I'd take Cole out of the ML, he doesn't look comfortable when he has to swing a cross in. It's fine when he's running at the defence, but when it comes to crosses when he doesn't have time to go back onto his right he looks horrible.

Downing needs to be given a chance before we can make any fair decisions.

Anyone who said Crouch is good just dont have a clue . If you want a target man to aim at go for Heskey .

GK: Robinson

DR: Neville

DL: Cole

DC: Terry

DC: Ferdinand/King

MR: Shawn Wright Phillips

ML: Cole

MC: Gerrard

MC: Beckham

FC: Rooney ( i found him in Everton youth against Spurs . he scored and beat Arsenal , always have a place in my heart)

FC: Owen/Defoe

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Neither particularly deserve their call-ups, but theres no harm in it, well we might lose and then the US will suddenly proclaim themselves as superior, but they know they're not, so it doesn't matter.

Knight has potential, but there are so many better choices in that position that realistically he'll never be anything more than a guy that played in the odd friendly.

Peter Crouch is just a Donkey and looks dodgey on the ball , he also has minimal skill which is needed if your not strong enough to hold up the ball .

Im not a heskey fan by any stretch of the imagination but i think the Heskey / Owen partnership worked . The most memorable win for a long time maybe since the world cup was Germany 1 England 5 . Who was up front with Owen ? Heskey .

Heskey and Rooney dont need to score goals , its not there job . Heskey is a strong target man and he holds the ball up very well , something which Mr Crouch cannot do . Rooney is a playmaker and is fantastic at doing so , Rooney has pace , skill and strength which makes him one of the best players around , like him or not .

And dropping Owen for Crouch is also out of the Question . Owen has taken alot of stick but can always grab a goal , As can Jermain Defoe

Edited by The Slickman

Peter Crouch is just a Donkey and looks dodgey on the ball , he also has minimal skill which is needed if your not strong enough to hold up the ball .

Im not a heskey fan by any stretch of the imagination but i think the Heskey / Owen partnership worked . The most memorable win for a long time maybe since the world cup was Germany 1 England 5 . Who was up front with Owen ? Heskey .

Heskey and Rooney dont need to score goals , its not there job . Heskey is a strong target man and he holds the ball up very well , something which Mr Crouch cannot do . Rooney is a playmaker and is fantastic at doing so , Rooney has pace , skill and strength which makes him one of the best players around , like him or not .

And dropping Owen for Crouch is also out of the Question . Owen has taken alot of stick but can always grab a goal , As can Jermain Defoe

Could've sworn they are strikers. :)

I know what you're saying there, but the thing is, Crouch is a big fucker who CAN score goals, while Heskey can't. Yeah, Heskey holds up the ball, but the guy can't do anything else with it, while Crouch can actually score. Don't know about you, but I'd prefer my strikers to score goals than to hold it up and do naff all else.

OMFG WTF STFU KNIGHT CALL UP?!?!?!

Yeah, as Mudda said, he has potential, but he will only ever be an odd friendly guy. I'd like to see him get a cap though, as I do like him, and always have. He is tall, has pace, but just lacks the reading of the game that is needed at the higher level.