The England thread

I hope it's cancelled, infact I may call in a bomb-threat <_< . I was supposed to be seeing my gf tomoz night and now I won't till saturday cause some ass clown of a woman has told her she has to come in to work since she (this woman) won't be coming in cause she has to watch the England game for Stephen Downing cause she's a Boro fan. What a shit excuse. It's only a fucking friendly.

It WILL be a boring match, but I'll watch it anyway. I'll regret it at full-time because we'll have either lost and/or it will be a dull game.

Anyway, I expect 2-1 to Holland.

I'll have to just catch the second half or watch the extended highlights on Sky Sports because I have to work late *grumble* I will sit firmly on the fence and say it will be a draw. I'd like to see some good perfomances from Downing, Johnson and Wright-Phillips. Who is playing at the back? Last I heard it was King and Carragher or Gary Neville because many defenders had been pulled out of the squad because of various inuries.

I'll be watching, but I really can't see the point of them playing the game to be honest. A number of people who played a full 90 minutes last weekend all of a sudden picked up dubious injuries keeping them out. If the players don't take it seriously what is the point? I can't see what Sven is going to learn about his team from this friendly, particularly as he'll pick his first XI wherever possible and only give new faces their little run out at the end.

So as you may have guessed I'm sceptical, if Holland put out a good team I think they could beat us (I'd like to be wrong though).

Yeah, it struck me as a little strange that Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Bridge, John Terry and Ledley King all pulled out.

Now, whatever anyone says, SOMEONE there is bullshitting it. Wouldn't surprise me if they all were (bar King I guess).

We've got a decent centre-back in Wes Brown and shite defender in Jamie Carragher as our centre-backs. If Holland don't score 2 or 3, I'll be shocked.

Yeah, it struck me as a little strange that Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Bridge, John Terry and Ledley King all pulled out.

Now, whatever anyone says, SOMEONE there is bullshitting it. Wouldn't surprise me if they all were (bar King I guess).

We've got a decent centre-back in Wes Brown and shite defender in Jamie Carragher as our centre-backs. If Holland don't score 2 or 3, I'll be shocked.

So I think the line up will be like this:

GK: Robinson

DR: Neville

DL: Cole

DC: Carragher

DC: Brown

MC: Beckham

MC:Gerrard

MC:Lampard

FR: Wright-Phillips

FC: Owen

FL: Rooney

Should be quite interesting to see them use the Man Utd formation, replacing Ronaldo and Giggs with SWP and Rooney. Hopefully Johnson doesn't do a Michael Ricketts though.

Well, not as bad as I expected, but also not as good as I had hoped it would be. Better than any friendly in recent memory though.

I think Johnson and Downing will be coming on in the next half, let's hope they can do something. Hopefully Wright-Phillips doesn't go off though.

When will that idiot realise that he should drop Beckham, it's only a friendly, put Shaun Wright-Phillips on right midfield and if he must insist with 4-3-3, he should put Defoe upfront.

This is coming from a proud footballer dis-liker too.

Edited by IAceI

That was such a terribly boring game. Seriously.

Get rid of Sven. As Alan Hanson said; if anyone can take ANYTHING positive from that match, I'd like to know about it. What the fuck was the point in playing Johnson out on the right? I'll never watch an England friendly again as long as Sven's in charge...well, I say that, but ya know.

Absolute shit.

Fire Sven, right now. Never liked him, this proves it. He just said 4-3-3 worked, and we created good chances.. yeah.. okay, did he watch the same game we just did? Ugh. Bad substitions, bad positioning, bad everything. We need someone with some passion, and a good footballing mind.

That was absolute Crap

Putting Johnson on the right was one of the worst decisions Sven has ever made and that is saying something. Someone needs to tell him that Beckham won't last forever and he needs to try out something different on the right, and that doesn't include a center forward, or swapping the left and right wingers every two minutes.