The England thread

I wish they'd just bring Sheringham in :P

Nice to see Richardson there. I quite like him and while he's still youngish, he's shown quite a lot of potential when given the chance. This can only mean good things for him and it's a chance to get some more experiance and to build him up a little more. Hope he does well.

I've still got faith in James too, maybe I'm crazy, shame he's dropped.

Good to see the potenial for a Spurs spine to the side there, shame King's injured and Sven'll pick the same midfield to the day he dies but we're gradually getting players in the squad anyway.

Looking at that what seems to be Sven's starting line-up, I'd guess at something like this.

GK - Robinson

LB - A Cole

RB - P Neville

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Terry

ML - J Cole

MR - Beckham

MC - Lampard

MC - Gerrard

ST - Defoe/Owen*

ST - Rooney

Bar any injuries or sendings off for breathing on players we should be comfortable for picking up the points here, probably only 1/2-0 though.

Good to see the potenial for a Spurs spine to the side there, shame King's injured and Sven'll pick the same midfield to the day he dies but we're gradually getting players in the squad anyway.

Looking at that what seems to be Sven's starting line-up, I'd guess at something like this.

GK - Robinson

LB - A Cole

RB - P Neville

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Terry

ML - J Cole

MR - Beckham

MC - Lampard

MC - Gerrard

ST - Defoe/Owen*

ST - Rooney

Bar any injuries or sendings off for breathing on players we should be comfortable for picking up the points here, probably only 1/2-0 though.

I reckon Carra is more likely to slot in at right back but otherwise I think that will be the team, aside Owen sitting out the Wales game of course.

I can't wait for Jon Woodgate to get fit again - Terry and Woodgate would be fucking awesome. I'd go with:

GK: Paul Robinson

DR: Phil Neville

DL: Ashley Cole

DC: Rio Ferdinand

DC: Matt Upson (Presuming Terry is injured)

MR: David Beckham

ML: Joe Cole

MC: Steven Gerrard

MC: Frank Lampard

FC: Jermain Defoe

FC: Wayne Rooney

Me want Parker and Barry.

:crying:

It's always good for these players when the starters get injured. There are a lot of good players there who if Sven had his way would never get a look at the international squad.

They may not be the absaloute best players but it's good to see them get a reward for the hard work they put in and Zat Knight is one who deserve the recognition.