The England thread

Oh Yes ! Peter Crouch Is There ! Now Im Happy .. (/sarcasm)

I honestly dont see the point of Crouch being there , if you want a big guy go for Heskey . He may fall alot but hes a real pain in the arse of defenders and is MUCH better than Crouch on the ball . Crouch is a joke .

5 Spurs players to 1 Arsenal player makes me very happy :D

England and Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has revealed his shock at the criticism he has had to suffer because of his lack of goals.

Crouch, 24, is in the England squad to play Argentina on Saturday but has yet to score in 14 outings for Liverpool since signing for £7m in the summer.

"I've not been unduly affected by the criticism because of our fans' support," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"It has taken me aback just how negative other people have been."

The 6ft 7in forward added: "I suppose that's what happens if you don't get on the scoresheet and I'm learning that when you join a high profile club you become an instant target.

"Things are scrutinised a lot more here but as long as I'm doing a job which the manager, my team-mates and the fans are happy with, I won't let it get me down."

Crouch has also failed to score in two appearances for England and he seemed to bear the wrath of England's supporters after he came on for the popular Shaun Wright-Phillips in the World Cup qualifier against Poland last month.

"Maybe the criticism built up after the England game but I'm not really interested in what anyone outside Liverpool thinks now," he said.

"Nobody here has a problem with me, so everyone else can say what they like.

"I was gutted I couldn't get that first goal at Aston Villa on Saturday because I had the chances."

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson and Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez have jumped to Crouch's defence.

Eriksson has even urged fans not to jeer Crouch if the striker appears for England against Argentina in this Saturday's friendly.

"I would tell the fans that he will not be better by being booed," said the Swede.

"Crouch is maybe not the most elegant footballer in the world but he's very, very special.

"Crouch is young and inexperienced, but every time he plays for Liverpool he gets more and more experience.

"I don't know if he will be in the squad for the World Cup next summer. But I would like to have him in because he gives us things not many others can give."

Edited by lazy_arse

Can't see the point of David James anymore....Even if he IS on form...

If I was to pick a starting eleven from that squad:

Robinson

Young / Terry / Campbell / Bridge

Carrick or King

Wright-Phillips / Lampard / Cole

Rooney / Owen

Not a bad squad, especially for a friendly but I expect there'll be pull-outs

Guest muddatrucker

As a former 'I hate Emile Heskey, he's useless' member, I'd happily bring him back infront of Crouch, I gave him a chance and he gave me fuck all, 14 games and no goals for a striker is a terrible record.

Guest Thiia Deshi

Jesus, Crouch is like Daniele fucking Dichio. If he goes to the world cup I wont be a happy camper.

oh and a cookie to anyone who remembers Dichio

Edited by Thiia Deshi

Guest muddatrucker

The fact is, for England, Robinson is fucking solid, he's hardly shit for Spurs either, but it always seems that Sven is waiting for the chance to have a flimsy reason to throw James back in, the same will happen, he'll be put back, he'll fuck up, he'll be kicked out and so will Sven.

James proved how much of a cluts he was at the weekend, he was lucky that he had some little chinese guy with alot of heart and a striker with a spasticated shot to save his ass.

Atleast no Owen Hargreaves this time Though still Crouch who can't score for Liverpool against teams like Portsmouth, so he don't stand a chance scoring against Argentina.

You realise that because you've said that now he'll go out and score a hatrick? (Y)

I don't understand how Crouch ever got into the England sqaud and why Benitez ever signed him for Liverpool. Yeah, he's a tall fucker, but his first touch is almost as bad as mine!

BAH Crouch sucks and knows it.

He's put there to get long balls out of the air, and perhaps Crouch doesn't know it, but its the sole reason why he is there. He is slow, he can barely kick the ball and has a terrible shot, for no other reason should he put up in attack. Heskey is a god compared to this guy.

And David James WTF?

Guest clarencepool

Im disapointed that Parker wasn't included again. I see him as a great holding midfielder. Bent hasn't played for awhile due to injury so I guess that's why hes been dropped to the U21's.

• Admin

Now, I'm not going to complain about Crouch's inclusion. I AM going to complain about Darren Bent being demoted to the fucking Under 21 side AGAIN. What, are seven goals and being the second-top English scorer in the Premiership not good enough for Sven?

It's not a case of not being good enough. Sven and Peter Taylor agreed that helping the U21's beat France and reach the finals of their tournament is more important than playing in a friendly, and I agree.

Edited by Messiah-Dice