The England thread

Guest Ringmaster

That attempt at a clearance by James was scarry, I could have sworn Denmark was gonna score again.

And when Hargreaves is the best English (Canadian :shifty:) player on the field, you know there's a problem.

Edited by Ringmaster

Paul Robinson is a perfectly good keeper, try again.

Beckham is an okay captain, but with players like Terry, Campbell, Gerrard and Lampard on the pitch we have good leaders.

I agree on the manager point.

So we had a bad friendly, no huge deal. Doesn't suddenly mean we're shit. We're not as good as the media say no, but no home nation is. We're a good team, simply. When we play well, we should be able to beat anybody.

I do love how everyone is blaming James. They lost as a team. The first goal he was to blame, sure, but the others were down to bad defending.

Guest Ringmaster

I'd say he was certainly to blame for the first two goals, the others not really. Then again, the midfield was quasi-inexistant today, especially when England has players of Gerrard and Lampard's calibre.

Guest Ringmaster

Yeah, pretty much, Glen Johnson deserves a certain degree of blame for that goal, even though James should still get a bad rap because he was still out of position.

I cant believe how bad England were tonight. I hate Denmark so much too, so seeing them win was awful.

Watched most of the Italy game which was much better I thought. End to end stuff. Ireland had some really good moments but Italy were much better overall if you ask me. Vieri looked really dangerous and that volley from that awesome ball would have been one of the best international goals I've seen. Del Piero looked quite awesome too. Given was downright fabulous, he made at least two world class saves which really kept Ireland in the game at times. 2-1 is a good result and I think with this they can go into the Scotland match and get a win.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think Beckham actually played well.

And by played well, I mean better than the rest of the team.

Which isn't saying much....

I only say the highlights, but apart from a couple of errors, Johnson didn't look bad either. I just wish Sven would stop attempting to experiment with players who aren't good enough - Catch 22 I know - but why, when we're however many goals down we were at the time, take off one of the only people who had more than one shot on target. Defoe didn't do terribly. Which surprised me. Just hope we can make up on this, and play a whole lot fucking better against Wales.

Boy, that was an embarrasing game. Ouch. I liked Rooney's commitment from what I saw, he was the best thing for me. The second half we just collapsed completely, it was awful.

EDIT - Did anyone see that some of the advertising boards were advertising 'Dong'? It made me giggle... dong = penis

Edited by MDK

I cant believe how bad England were tonight. I hate Denmark so much too, so seeing them win was awful.

Watched most of the Italy game which was much better I thought. End to end stuff. Ireland had some really good moments but Italy were much better overall if you ask me. Vieri looked really dangerous and that volley from that awesome ball would have been one of the best international goals I've seen. Del Piero looked quite awesome too. Given was downright fabulous, he made at least two world class saves which really kept Ireland in the game at times. 2-1 is a good result and I think with this they can go into the Scotland match and get a win.

Good old James, and people wonder why we sold him all those years ago.

England once again earned me a nice little packet on the bets, a return of £56, that'll do nicely. And people always wonder why I bet against England, because they make me money!

James is far from being too old, but you're right about him not being good enough. I would have Robinson, Green and Kirkland. We have to pick James really because there isn't much choice, what english keepers are there? Lets see:

Paul Robinson

Robert Green

Chris Kirkland

David James

Scott Carson

Nigel Martyn

Ian Walker

We're hardly spoilt for choice.