General Television Thread

Hellfire

Honestly, Seinfeld is one of the most overrated tv shows of all time. It was good, but not one of the greatest ever. Entertainment Weekly even did a special Top whatever # Comedies of All Time issue and had it ranked something like #2 or 3!

Friends, however, you need to see just for the awesomeness that is Chandler Bing.

Your life is backwards and wrong.

• Like 3

It's not the worst, but it's not good. I like the cast but there's not much they can do when the plots of the two episodes I saw have absolutely zero suspense or cleverness to them, which is a mortal sin for a spy show. Chuck has gotten away with some predictable moments but the suspense is at least almost always there.

Undercovers is the worst spy show ever devised. And this is coming from a fan who defends JJ Abrams to the hilt.

Its not great, but its not the worst spy show ever devised, either. That would be Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

My favorite new drama so far is the new version of Hawaii 5-O. On the other hand, I can't wait for The Event to get cancelled. And I will be very surprised if Outsourced isn't given the axe, as it was a stupid premise for a show to begin with. ("Laugh at people who have stolen your jobs!")

*edit* I'm just glad my cable has CBS free On Demand (unlike NBC, whose shows you have to pay for), because I keep forgetting to watch `____ My Dad Says'. Wish they had FOX shows on there, because I missed House this week.

Edited by GhostMachine

tonight onthe Simpsons, former MLB player Mike Scioscia guest stars. Wonder if they'll include the bit of continuity and have him remember playing softball with Homer in the episode "Homer At Bat" from...damn..1992..

Someone commented on The AV Club (my favorite pop culture site) that it would have been more effective if they hadn't cut to the knife before he used it.

ANYWAY. This is the best thing to come out of Boardwalk Empire thusfar. Michael K. Williams is so great, with one monologue he made me go "holy shit Omar Little" to "holy shit Chalky White"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zweq4ZabNd8

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Live 30 Rock was on the whole really bad imo. Overacting, underacting, lines and jokes that were used for maximum audience reaction even though you'd never see them in the real show...the only good parts were the Dr. Spaceman and Jon Hamm commercials, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Haters gonna hate.

I dug the whole first 90 minutes of NBC primetime last night, as usual. I thought Community and 30 Rock were especially fun. Office was still good though. But I refuse to believe anything aired after that.