General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just finished the episode of Louie with the bully. God, do I wish I had caught up on this show sooner and put it on my list, it's really far more interesting than like. Everything from The Walking Dead on down, probably.

Yeah, but you could see it a couple of minutes earlier. Anyways, I like that they are actually progressing the story a bit more in this season. Love Zoey by the way, it's a shame she isn't featured in every episode.

EDIT: On topic of HIMYM I actually don't really 'like' most of the characters. Still watching though.

Man. The ending of the latest HIMYM was so sad. You don't write a storyline that sad for a character as loveable as Marshall! You just don't! :(

Such a sad moment, but something that everyone has to go through :/

Marshall was the perfect character for it to happen though. With him being so close to his dad just impacted it even more to me, as I seem to enjoy my pop's company than my mom's. It's part of life and this episode goes down as one of my favorite episodes in the series' run just for that moment.

I loved that they had that count-down in the background to the bad news through out the episode as well.

EDIT: On topic of HIMYM I actually don't really 'like' most of the characters. Still watching though.

Oh god, how much I agree. Fairly early last series I realised Marshall was the only person I gave a shit about. Not really watching now though.

Edited by YI

Was trying to find something in this thread and I just came across this...

And don't tell Sousa, but I like Glee. It's going to be the victim of its own hype come Season 2, but the show's been mostly enjoyable.

Oh Zero, you wise and mighty prophet you. :P

Finally got around to watching the first episode of Justified... It's fair decent.

As a lot have stated, it gets better as the season progresses so I will look to that in the future.

Might try and get through a few episodes before work tomorrow.

Yeah, stick with it because while it starts off pretty damn slow, it progresses as the season goes on and gets quite good.

And yeah, the ending for the latest HIMYM was super sad but should make for a good storyline for Marshall.

I just saw that Discovery is going to make a show that is basically a world wide version of Hide and Seek:

If you wanted to ditch your life and take on a new identity, could you get away with it? That’s the question being posed by a new series Discovery Channel just greenlit.

In Disappeared (working title), contestants are challenged to go “off the grid” and hide anywhere in the world from a team of investigators.

The real-life Running Man has Dirty Jobs producer Craig Piligian setting the stage, hiring a team of professionals that includes a computer expert, a psychological profiler, and a U.S. Marshal to a hunt down the covert contestants.

“It’s a giant game of hide-and-seek with a fair amount of high-tech wizardry,” says Discovery president and general manager Clark Bunting.

The series will debut sometime in 2011 and is one of about two dozen new shows that Discovery has in the works — the most in the network’s history.

Hmm, the contestants should hide out on CNN’s Parker Spitzer. Nobody will find them there!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/04/discovery-disappeared-series/

I lean torwards it being pretty easy for someone to lay low if that was their goal. It sounds like one of the better reality shows on Discovery/History Channel.

How does one get on this show?

Send them a threatening email and tell them if they don't find you within 48hrs you can go on the show...

Also... I've come across a (British?) show called Hustle.

It's about con artists, well, conning people. It looks to be several seasons in and I was wondering if it's worth a crack?

How does one get on this show?

Send them a threatening email and tell them if they don't find you within 48hrs you can go on the show...

It's about con artists, well, conning people. It looks to be several seasons in and I was wondering if it's worth a crack?

Hustle is definitely worth watching. Season 7 starts in the UK tonight.

Hustle is definitely worth watching. Season 7 starts in the UK tonight.

Alright... I might get onto that one when I've finished Justified...

Might look for the early seasons on DVD....

I know I am very late to the party on this one - but based off something in fleeting that a co-worker mentioned I downloaded and watched The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2010 with my girlfriend last night and we laughed our asses off - but then again, the program really only caught my eye because of Richard Ayoade and Noel Fielding's involvement.

I felt this year's was easily the weakest of the lot (it's the 5th one now isn't it?). The line-up was nowhere near as good as previous years.

Nothing will ever compare to this;

Also, anyone seen the adverts for "10 O'Clock Live", basically it's Channel 4 taking what they did with the Alternative Election Coverage and making a weekly news/views/comedy show out of it. Same gang (Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell, Lauren Laverne), should be good. Hoping for more random Armando Iannucci appearances.

Edited by YI