General Television Thread

Hellfire

Sooo The Cape.

Looks like they're already setting Orwell up to be Chess' daughter, huh.

Also, Keith David makes this show.

God, that was so unsubtle. Oh, The Cape. At least this week's villain had more of an actual character than the others up to this point.

Hahaha, Jersey Shore's picked back up again with last night's episode, since its been a bit of a shitty start to the series. Gasoline Heart being used as background music was a nice surprise too.

Guest Spud Webb

Yes. Fuck yes. Awesome. Mostly.

I love Sorkin and this premise seems much better suited to the kind of show he wants to write than a SNL clone ever did. People at news networks do talk about political issues, and Sorkin can't not talk about political issues.

I'm holding slight reservations, though, because there are similarities between things Sorkin writes...re-used phrases and the like. Studio 60 was actually my first time watching anything of his as it was broadcast, so it didn't bother me then, but if every episode of this show features a line or two that I've heard before, I guess that would bother me.

Still, very excited now.

Absolutely, you can watch bits of last night's segments here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-news-network-coming-to-ifc-january-21,18488/

Sports Dome is a bit more hit or miss for me. ONN has the benefit of being on IFC and being able to do whatever the hell they want.

I admit I did laugh at the gate scene at the end, but for a supposed comedy it simply is not funny.

The fact that that joke has been visited 4 UNFUNNY times in 2 episodes, is beyond me. And the fact that they don't know what character Matt LeBlanc wants to be on the show is another fucking point of idiocy. Seriously, he played like 3 different characters in that episode.

The show is indecisive, not funny, and downright spiteful in the worst way. "Do you think Lacrosse is too... Lacrossey?" Fuck you.

I just watched episodes 2 and 3. I'll continue to watch to see where it goes, but I am irked by pretty much all of the same things. All of the characters are extremes instead of having a main character that is reasonable and in the middle. Sean seems to have no loyalty and will just go along with whatever the person he is currently talking to wants. Beverly is too stubborn to be likable and doesn't seem to want any creative input. LeBlanc has good ideas for the show, but never bothers to explain anything to Beverly and just seems to want to one-up her (there seems to be some sexual tension between the two). Marc Lapidus (network executive) seems to have no redeeming qualities and is incompetent overall. Carol seems to be the only character that is progressing positively (not wanting Pucks! to get canceled and she is starting to distance herself from Lapidus).

Watching the opening of the first episode again (seven weeks in the future), Beverly is leaving, one day before the end of shooting, because Sean is having an affair with Morning. She then gets in her car and crashes into LeBlanc. They also reference "being on the wrong side" which Sean says when he talks about being on the same side as LeBlanc. Sean has also taken up surfing. I have a feeling that Sean is innocent and Beverly is just crazy.

If there is one character that we end up relating to. I think it will be LeBlanc.

:o *runs to watch Greek*

Also, I saw the second and third episodes of... ahem... Episodes. I actually quite liked them. I still hate Tamsin Greig - I actually find her repulsive. But there's been a marked improvement with LeBlanc in the mix. I maintain that the first episode was horrible, though.

Those of you who are fans of HBO and other such quality programming in the UK should be aware that we will be getting Sky Atlantic next week, which is going to be airing Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and other shows from the beginning. I can't wait, always wanted to watch Sopranos but wanted to go from the start :D

Those of you who are fans of HBO and other such quality programming in the UK should be aware that we will be getting Sky Atlantic next week, which is going to be airing Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and other shows from the beginning. I can't wait, always wanted to watch Sopranos but wanted to go from the start :D

Assuming you're on Sky, I don't think they've reached a deal with Virgin Media just yet. :(

I've seen all of the shows or would just download them if I wanted to watch them, but man, it does sound like a nifty channel if you don't download stuff.

List of shows set to start airing from the beginning:

Angels in America

Battlestar Galactica

Bored to Death[16]

Big Love

Blue Bloods

Boardwalk Empire

Bored to Death

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Eastbound & Down

Empire Falls

Enlightened