General Television Thread

Hellfire

Watching season 1, episode 7 of True Blood and...

I am absolutely convinced that LaFayette is the murderer, but it seems too obvious at this point that someone who's showing signs of violence, sexual obsession, and has started dealing in vampire blood is the one who's going to be the proper bad guy. Either way, I'm intrigued.

Really enjoying the show, can't remember why I stopped watching it.

Loving Secret Circle. Relatively well defined rules for magic already, interesting and varied characters. A continual plot which isn't just nearly as freak of the week-y as most shows of it's ire. Even the love triangle doesn't feel tacked on, and I find myself wanting the love interest to end up with both girls in a pretty even ration.

Ringer and Terra Nova are trying my patience. I was hoping for a lot on those shows, but they're not even delivering what I'd generally expect from a mid-level show. I'll see out these seasons, but I can't see myself watching them every single week if they get a second series. Both seem more like they'd be much better served in one sit down marathon.

I love Zooey as well. It's just the show makes her character out to be so socially awkward that it seems impossible that someone would actually function like that. Granted, it isn't any more wacky than some other shows, but it definitely doesnt help.

It doesnt seem like a HORRIBLE show, but it isnt interesting enough for me to care to watch, especially when they are already doing the typical shit with a female in an apartment full of guys. It may be my hate for Hollywood tossing romance into any movie even if it doesnt belong/even if the premise of two characters falling in love is completely stupid, but still.

I may try watching some other episodes to see if it is something Id want back on my DVR (because I do have 2 Broke Girls, and that isnt a great show either but I at least get to see Kat Dennings and her jokes, something Ive learned to accept on the show), but I just dont think it will be any better to me.

Oh, anyone catching Psych or Bones this season? Bones only returned last week, but Psych has had a few episodes. Glad both are back. Hoping the main plot of the season comes up again for Psych soon.

Edited by Vitamin E

Yeah, the plot revolved around a murder on a minor league baseball team and he guest starred as a hitting coach for the team. He was absolutely great in it too.

Psych hasn't disappointed once yet, every episode has been fantastic. Makes me want to watch it all over again.

Yeah, this season has been pretty great so far. I've actually been watching some old episodes here and there since most seasons are on Hulu Plus and they're as awesome as I remember.

How I Met Your Mother Season 7 Episode 1...

Mmm... yeah. That dance scene with Barney and Robin was the 'jump the shark' moment of the show for me. That and the fact Bob Saget kept making a point that they were nowhere near the end. The show has become it's own in-joke now. Still fun though.

Life's Too Short was good, albeit a little hit-or-miss. Parts with just Warwick were great, but things got very meh when other actors were involved (like the black guy who didn't know who he was, it sounded very forced), and his wife was awful. Liam Neeson though was the exception, he saved the episode.

Guest mr. potato head

How I Met Your Mother Season 7 Episode 1...

Mmm... yeah. That dance scene with Barney and Robin was the 'jump the shark' moment of the show for me. That and the fact Bob Saget kept making a point that they were nowhere near the end. The show has become it's own in-joke now. Still fun though.

Is anyone else amazed that HIMYM is already on Season 7 and The Office is only on Season 8? Feels like there was a lot more than one year between their debuts.

I like 2 Broke Girls. It's not exactly great, but it's an inoffensive way to kill 20 minutes, or something decent to watch when you're doing something else.

Giving The Office a third try. I got to about halfway through series 2 last time, picking up from there. I usually find it's okay and then I just forget about it completely.