General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah it could have been a whole lot better but I'm not entirely sure it was a case of "terrified to kill off any character" there was an element of that sure, I always saw it more as a Comic Book about superheroes on TV in that way it was like yeah there are always get out clauses and retcons for the characters. What happens in comics doesn't always translate well for the TV and Movie audiences and perhaps it was just a little too ambitious for its own good.

Yeah it could have been a whole lot better but I'm not entirely sure it was a case of "terrified to kill off any character" there was an element of that sure, I always saw it more as a Comic Book about superheroes on TV in that way it was like yeah there are always get out clauses and retcons for the characters. What happens in comics doesn't always translate well for the TV and Movie audiences and perhaps it was just a little too ambitious for its own good.

No I think they were afraid to kill off characters. Add in they had certain actors on multi season contracts, and where it might have been a great idea to shelve a character for good they were unable to do so. But mainly it was Tim Kring having no idea wtf to do after the first 24 episodes. And don't even get me started on the shitty season enders where they build and build and build to.....a let down. In fact, just fuck Heroes, I get mad every time I think about it.

The lack of computer knowledge displayed by the Dexter writers in season 6 episode 5 made my head explode.

It's like that with nearly every TV show. I don't get why they can't consult a tech expert or for fuck sake, even wikipedia, they just make shit up and hope no one notices. The computer stuff in Dexter S6 was almost as bad as that one CSI: NY episode where that chick just blurted out tech buzzwords.

THAT DOESN'T EVEN

WHAT

• Like 1

I've watched almost the entire season of the modern Hawaii 5-0 so far. It's not awful. Between the setting and the brilliantly offbeat cast, it's actually quite enjoyable (barring the occasional moment you expect from cop shows of making a ridiculous jump from theory to ridiculous execution. Fuck, Dane Cook even makes an appearance and is actually rather good in his role.

I've watched almost the entire season of the modern Hawaii 5-0 so far. It's not awful. Between the setting and the brilliantly offbeat cast, it's actually quite enjoyable (barring the occasional moment you expect from cop shows of making a ridiculous jump from theory to ridiculous execution. Fuck, Dane Cook even makes an appearance and is actually rather good in his role.

This. Thousand times this. I'm on season two. I really like it. It's just good fun. I enjoy that and NCIS: LA as my OTT fun American cop show.

• Like 1

The lack of computer knowledge displayed by the Dexter writers in season 6 episode 5 made my head explode.

What part?

The entire bit where he deleted all traces of something from the Internet just jumbles together a bunch of ridiculous faux computer bullshit in one convenient scene.

All you have to do is set up a MS DOS GUI interface and reroute the IP address through the DVD rewriter.

Simple.

• Like 2