General Television Thread

Hellfire

I gave the Hannibal premiere a shot. I think I'll stay with it for another episode or two, at least. I'm not yet fully sold, and I think it comes down to personal preference. It's well told from all angles, but I'm not yet sure if it's a story I have a lot of interest in. I feel like there may not be as many layers to the show as I tend to prefer (see: Mad Man, Treme, and even Breaking Bad.) Like I said though, I'll stay with it a bit longer. Pilots aren't always emblematic of an entire series.

Anybody still watching Bates Motel? I was skeptical at first as i loved the original Psycho film but felt they degraded and shat on the whole Norman Bates character with the sequels but i love this show. It's well written, has a lot of layers and just generally well produced.

• Like 1

There's a dude who investigates serial killers, and he's really good at it because he can sympathize with them and get into their heads to recreate their crimes (basically an excuse to show them) but when it's too big for him - he goes to the top psychiatrist in the country, and I'll give you two guesses who that is.

So yeah.

Whats the premise with Hannibal? Is it another show where I'm supposed to cheer or like the serial killer? I hate that

Judging from the premiere, you are neither supposed to cheer for or really like Hannibal Lecter.

• Like 1

Been loving Vikings since it came on the History Channel. The show in actually pretty compelling

Hannibal was great! Mads was wonderful as Dr. Lecter and I don't think there was a single thing about it that I didn't enjoy.

It's going to suck if it turns out it's a procedural show. I'd rather they focus on a series long killer rather than a new one each episode. It's just... I'm pretty sure there just aren't that many cannibals around lately. >_>