General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah. That's what I heard on the radio yesterday.

Lol, I read the news Lineker posted and shared it on Twitter and told my friends and got them all excited. Then I read Livid's Tweet and had to break the sad news to them. 'Twas fun :)

True that. It gets better. Still not on par with my hopes for a Green Arrow TV show, but it's getting there.

I just can't help but think "Why didn't you cast Justin Hartley instead of this plank of wood with abs, though?".

• Like 1

Bwahaha, yes. Theh've not got Ollie's billionaire playboy charm down, which is by far my biggest gripe. They're getting there, and I suppose it can be attributed to spending so long on that island fighting for his life, bit just doesn't feel like it fits the core of the character without it.

Smallville's first few seasons have a very homey, WB series to them. That said, Season 2 is excellent, and I remember liking most of Season 3. 4 sucks. It has some good stuff like the introduction of Lois Lane and the Flash episode, but the main plot arc SUCKED (Ie. Lana Lang as a fucking witch). Season 5 was one of my favorite seasons, and the same with 9 (Callum Blue as Zod was boss). Seasons6 and 7 had its ups and downs, nothing too special overall, although they were good for the fall of Lex into darkness. Season 8 was potentially the worst season of all, and while Season 10 wasn't overly strong, it was the final season, which helped make every episode a bit better.

Oliver Queen and Lois Lane infinitely help the final seasons, while Lex and Lionel make the other seasons much better. And Papa Kent. I loved him.

I actually like Stephen Amell. I agree that he doesn't nail the charming playboy stuff but I think it's believable that he doesn't.

And man, The Shield is quite good. Someday I'm going to rewatch it. I think it'll probably end up being one of the more underrated '00s dramas because it doesn't have the Instant Classic status (rightfully) bestowed upon the likes of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men.

• Like 1

Well, I mean, this is above and beyond. House of Cards is at the very least good enough to be on most networks even though I didn't like it. This is just... gosh.