General Television Thread

Hellfire

I watched the first episode of RCL. I think I just have a very limited patience for what makes up the majority of US 'some-kind-of-competition-show-maybe' television (I'm sure there's a real name but meh)...which tends to be repeated banal commentary from the contestants about how excited they are/how they thought they did in the last challenge/other paint-by-numbers talk that betrays how scripted and/or prompted it largely is.

The consequence being, in 45 minutes of television surrounded by ad breaks, I only really feel like I've watched 10-15 minutes of content. I mean I could record it and fast-forward my way through...but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

And as for the quality of the show itself, I think it would have helped if I had never seen Real Steel. :shifty:

• Like 1

The Zombieland Pilot Episode is on amazon.com and free to watch (if you registered with amazon.com at least)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE18P0K/ref=atv_terms_dp

I think it´s ok (which is the same i would say about the movie, i liked it but it´s nothing i need to own on DVD or anything)... it´s frailly strange seeing the same characters reinacted by other actors and not all of the jokes are funny, but for a 30 minute show i could enjoy it i think.

I wonder were the sudden desire to buy a PS Vita and a certain Car Navigation system comes. I hope i can get them at IKEA-USA.com.

Huh. Bryan Fuller asked NBC to pull episode 4 of Hannibal "in light of the cultural events going on right now in America", so next week's Hannibal is the 5th episode. Apparently airing out of order like that won't cause any continuity issues, though.

Huh. Bryan Fuller asked NBC to pull episode 4 of Hannibal "in light of the cultural events going on right now in America", so next week's Hannibal is the 5th episode. Apparently airing out of order like that won't cause any continuity issues, though.

I hope that wasn't the one seen in the preview, that looked pretty interesting.

I watched the first episode of RCL. I think I just have a very limited patience for what makes up the majority of US 'some-kind-of-competition-show-maybe' television (I'm sure there's a real name but meh)...which tends to be repeated banal commentary from the contestants about how excited they are/how they thought they did in the last challenge/other paint-by-numbers talk that betrays how scripted and/or prompted it largely is.

The consequence being, in 45 minutes of television surrounded by ad breaks, I only really feel like I've watched 10-15 minutes of content. I mean I could record it and fast-forward my way through...but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

And as for the quality of the show itself, I think it would have helped if I had never seen Real Steel. :shifty:

The first episode didn't have a lot going on because it introduced you to the robots/teams. From 2 onwards, there's two fights per episode and it's far more action heavy.

The Zombieland Pilot Episode is on amazon.com and free to watch (if you registered with amazon.com at least)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE18P0K/ref=atv_terms_dp

I think it´s ok (which is the same i would say about the movie, i liked it but it´s nothing i need to own on DVD or anything)... it´s frailly strange seeing the same characters reinacted by other actors and not all of the jokes are funny, but for a 30 minute show i could enjoy it i think.

I wonder were the sudden desire to buy a PS Vita and a certain Car Navigation system comes. I hope i can get them at IKEA-USA.com.

Watched it and I didn't think it was as terrible as most are saying. Far from great but not horrible.

The major problem is that since 2009 all four of the main roles all took off stardom wise and now they obviously wouldn't do TV, Re-casting the characters is a mistake.

Should have been done with another survivor group in a different part of the country, Some may of complained but this is the alternative.

If it get's picked up (IF) I'll watch it but I can always hold out hope that things change bewteen the pilot and the series... That happens all the time right?

• Like 2

Veep has been good this season so far. Yeah, yeah, only two episodes in, but last night's episode had some hilarious lines.

"Could you put on your running shoes and get to the fucking point?"