General Television Thread

Hellfire

I enjoyed it at first but I find Hannibal a little slow. Very gruesome and the cast is excellent, especially mads.

This is also probably going to give me deja-vu like my Shield viewings when out of the blue my girlfriend walks in during every rape/rape flashback/rape discussion scene and continues to chide me over and over. :shifty:

I am jealous you get to see this brand new. Some shows i really miss that feeling of not knowing what next. This is one of them, along with Oz, The Shield, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad. The Wire has excellent writing and an excellent cast.

Been looking for a new show start watching either on Netflix our hulu. Any suggestions?

I am, honestly, very excited for this Summer drought because now that I've caught up on Game of Thrones (for the most part, I am 2 episodes behind now) I can finally get around to watching The Wire for the first time.

• Like 3

It's not bad. I'm about halfway through and it's a bit ridiculous but it's really not "dreadful". I mean, It's not going to rival the best shows on TV or anything but is a solid pulp action series.

That said, be warned: there are a lot of gratuitous sex scenes but you're going to get that with any show on Cinemax.

I know people have been sort of turned off to it, but everyone should watch last week's episode of Modern Family just for the scene of Phil with himself on TV. That was the funniest scene I've seen this year, except Ron Swanson hosting Pawnee Today.

Edited by Extremely Huge Bag of Shit