General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just getting onto Season 3 of The Wire - which I'm not looking forward to as I don't really care all that much for OMG~! POLITICAL INTRIGUE! because it's boring as shit and way too predictble. Everything else has been amazing so far though.. and I want ten times more Brother Mouzone.

http://youtu.be/WCdHiZsSPjg

I want to be excited. I love Karl Urban and this looks great. But it's a JJ Abrams show. And it's on FOX. There's a pretty high chance it'll either be shit or bomb in the ratings. :(

Had me at Karl Urban...then again at JJ Abrams. Looks fantastic, so it'll be canned after a season

Oh I am going to finish The Wire for sure - at this point I don't think you could stop me (I basically started Sons Of Anarchy-ing it - that is to say, watching an entire season in 24 hours) but I saw the connection and realized that the show was done by the same people... but at the same time I don't know much about it. I know that it's set in New Orleans after Katrina - but aside from that - can anyone give me a good spoiler free synopsis?

And yeah C - I think the show is done now or in the progress of being done.. some people were talking about it in here a few months back.